Bus servie from POR

Lauren Williams

Earning My Ears
Are there transportation problems from POR to the parks? Which is the best place to get on the bus. Do they often fill up and leave people waiting? Is it better to drive. We have a small child and plan to return to the resort for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Is it faster to take the bus or drive???

We just got back from Riverside in December and had a great time. We were close to the South Depot which is by the main building where you check in and that is usually the first place for drop off and pick up. Busses were very frequent.

Just a little bit of trivia for all you Disney nuts. I was told there by the bus driver that the South Depot is actually the North side of the resort, apprantly when they built it, someone had the map upside down.

We were there in Nov. 2002 and bus service was very good. We were at the third stop at POR. We waited usually 5-10 minutes at the bus stop. The longest commute was to AK around 20 minutes. The other parks were 10-15 minutes away. I would say you would be fine with the busses. I would only use my car if I was eating at another resort. That always seems to take a lot of commute time as there are no direct busses to other resorts.
We only had one problem when we were heading to MK one night for Spectro. I think it was the only night that week they were showing it, so everyone else was going there too, I guess. MK busses were full every time they came by. If I were there again, I would have walked up to the first stop in that situation to be sure I got on the bus. Otherwise we had no problems! :D

Originally posted by cobbler
Just a little bit of trivia for all you Disney nuts. I was told there by the bus driver that the South Depot is actually the North side of the resort, apprantly when they built it, someone had the map upside down.

Hmm... I'm not so sure I agree with that bus driver. I think he's made a few too many left turns. :)

If you look at a property map, you'll see they match up with the proper direction. :)

Bus stop order: POFQ, South, West, North and East.

Our bus stop had an overhang in case it rained, lots of tall trees.

Went to POR during Easter week, and my room was closest to the North bus stop. I had no problem with park buses except for Magic Kingdom.

Tried to board the MK bus after supper for Spectromagic, and the bus was filled. We eventually resorted to a back up plan which involved taking a bus to Epcot and going to MK via monorail (which is a ride to our 3 year old).

Since you have a car, you could always drive to POFQ (very close to POR) and be on the first stop.

I went during peak times, maybe your visit won't be so crowded.
Bus transport is more effcient than driving to the parks, especially when the parks close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter