• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bus schedule/travel times from Wilderness Lodge?

Angeliki19

DIS Veteran
Hi! Anyone who has stayed at the Wilderness Lodge- can you share how long it took to get to each park about and if there is anywhere I can find a bus schedule? I am trying to figure out if it is feasible to make it to certain parks for EMH in the am without having to wake everyone up early. Thanks!

Hi! Anyone who has stayed at the Wilderness Lodge- can you share how long it took to get to each park about and if there is anywhere I can find a bus schedule? I am trying to figure out if it is feasible to make it to certain parks for EMH in the am without having to wake everyone up early. Thanks!

There is no bus schedule needed.

The buses to the parks begin running every day at about 6:30AM.

Figure that you will wait 20 minutes for the bus that you want to arrive at the stop.
Figure the ride will take 15 minutes to the park of your choice.
Figure it will take 15 minutes to get through security bag check and the ticket gate.
Figure it will take 10 minutes to get to whatever ride or restaurant to which you're heading.

All of those numbers, added, give you 60 minutes.
WILL it take that long to go everywhere, every time?
VERY unlikely.
Likely much LESS.
But, you never know.

It's much better to be way too early than just a few minutes too late.

BTW, to get to MK (except in the earliest of morning times) you can also take a
shuttle boat.
Figure 45 minutes, give or take, for that trip.

I'm going to move this to our transportation board.

They start running busses at least an hour before opening (for EMH too). The busses from WL stopped at the GF en route to most destinations, but not all. Sorry I can't remember which ones it didn't and if we were full it didn't.

I would say try to catch the first bus leaving in the morning.

So the buses come more or less every 20 minutes, and there is no official schedule? DH seems to remember there being schedules at each depot but I don't really remember...

So the buses come more or less every 20 minutes, and there is no official schedule? DH seems to remember there being schedules at each depot but I don't really remember...

They say roughly every 20 minutes. Sometimes, you'll see a bus for a park come and then 5 minutes later will be another bus to the same park. We have rarely waited more than 10-15 minutes to catch the bus we wanted, but that can be luck. There is no official schedule, he might be thinking of the bus stop signs or something.

Your DH might be thinking of the transportation guide they have available at the front desk of the resorts. It's more of a how-to-get-from-point-A-to-point-B type of brochure.

Besides stopping at the GF, do the WL buses stop at any other resorts on the way to the parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter