Bus/park questions

OurMinnieFamily

Mouseketeer
I am so OCD and its driving me crazy I don't know anything about WDW. I've been doing lots of research and you all have been great. The last few things I want to know.... And sorry if they seem crazy

1. Are there designated buses for each park? And will there be separate bus stops at the resort for each park or do you just want for the bus with the name of the park you want to go to?

2. Coming home from the park would I watch for a bus that's going to the all star resorts?

3. We have an appt at BBB at 8 am. However MK doesn't open until 9 am that day, do we just tell the person at the gate that we have an appt and they allow us in?

And last

4. We would like to be at rope drop each morning, do we take a bus 30 mins from open or a hour?

FYI we are staying at all star movies which I realize is the furthest from most parks.

Thanks do much for any help and answering my questions!!

I am so OCD and its driving me crazy I don't know anything about WDW. I've been doing lots of research and you all have been great. The last few things I want to know.... And sorry if they seem crazy

1. Are there designated buses for each park? And will there be separate bus stops at the resort for each park or do you just want for the bus with the name of the park you want to go to?

2. Coming home from the park would I watch for a bus that's going to the all star resorts?

3. We have an appt at BBB at 8 am. However MK doesn't open until 9 am that day, do we just tell the person at the gate that we have an appt and they allow us in?

And last

4. We would like to be at rope drop each morning, do we take a bus 30 mins from open or a hour?

FYI we are staying at all star movies which I realize is the furthest from most parks.

Thanks do much for any help and answering my questions!!

1. Yes...when you wait for the bus there is an electronic sign on the front indicating that bus' designation. i.e. it will say Magic Kingdom if the bus is designated to make runs to MK.

2. Each park has bus waiting areas. You'll see a sign before entering that area noting which # stop/area goes to which resort. So, maybe Wilderness Lodge's and Grand Floridian's buses go to stop 4.

3. Buses start running at 6:30. The CMs at the MK gate will let you in early if you have a pre-park opening slot for BBB, Crystal Palace, CRT, a special tour, etc. They are one of the parks where I haven't seen them try and find your name on the list...they just let you in. BUT - they do have a list - I guess just in case. And if they do check it, you just give them your name and they'll let you in.

4. MK is currently the only park w/a rope drop show. I think the other parks are letting people in (or to a holding area) 15 min before park opening. Either way, if you want to make it in time for park opening and you're going by bus... I'd definitely allow an hour. In fact, an hour is our general window any time we need an early morning bus. Most cases all is OK, but we've had a few long waits, so that hour was really needed on those days.

Don't worry- it will be fine :goodvibes The CMs at the front desk of your resort can also help guide you and you won't be the only ones up and on the move early. So, there's comfort in numbers. Have a great trip!!! :thumbsup2

FWIW - Movies is only a bit of a journey to Magic Kingdom. It is VERY close to Animal Kingdom and Blizzard Beach and not very far to Hollywood Studios or Epcot. I would definitely give yourself an hour to get to MK. You don't need more than 30 min. for AK.

Thank you SO much!! You have helped put my anxiety at a lower level!! I'm one of those people who hates going to new places and trying to find my way around. I pretty sure that's why I've stayed at my current job for 13 years :lmao:

I'm getting so excited... I have like 75 days left but when we booked it was 118 days... I swear I am consumed with WDW and what we are going to do... I feel like a little kid again, I have no idea how I'm going to sleep the night before we leave.

Shoot I am already planning on booking our next vacation next summer as soon as they open up the dates. :woohoo:

Depending on the time your leaving the park will make a huge difference. If your in the middle of the day the bus could travel to all of the all star resorts. Busy times like park closing there is normally a bus for each of the all star resorts. If your staying at the movies, and the line is really long, but the music line is short you could catch the music bus back and walk back to the movies. Depending on where your room is located it could be a very short walk, or a long one. If you are in the Mighty Ducks buildings they are actually a closer walk to the Musics main hall and buses than the movies. We have stayed in the toy story farthest from Music, and the walk wasn't that bad, better then being on a standing room only bus with no room for a stroller from the MK.

Keep an eye on the signs above the turnstiles. Usually, they have one or two designated for early entries (I believe to the far right). :)

You can take your OCD to a whole new level, and plan like most folks here. I'm sure you have already read at least on guidebook, have daily laminated cards for each day (including bathroom breaks), and have all of your ADR's lines up (actually, if you want any table service meals, you really should have all of your ARD's lines up!). I do believe the fastpass policy has changed, which can be glitchy with some older plans.

If you haven't started with the nightmares, you're not ready. :lmao:

I'm getting so excited... I have like 75 days left but when we booked it was 118 days... I swear I am consumed with WDW and what we are going to do... I feel like a little kid again, I have no idea how I'm going to sleep the night before we leave.

Shoot I am already planning on booking our next vacation next summer as soon as they open up the dates. :woohoo:

"The best laid plans of mice and men OFTEN go awry." No is truer than in the house of mouse!

75 days puts you in August? As a fellow OCDer, please allow me to offer you a few tidbits:

Be prepared for it to be icky humid and to rain for at least an hour every day. Get the ponchos, you can exchange them at any shop for any reason, no questions asked! And let them air out overnight. Those things smell icky moldy VERY quickly... but then you can exchange them ;) And the Crocs are the best footwear in the summer! You can walk the hundred or so miles you'll cover this trip with comfortable feet that dry very quickly from the rain.

Any of the All Stars are mobbed because they are value resorts. You'll be dealing with a lot of travel and camp groups over the summer.

At the end of the night the All Stars are the longest bus line. No one will kick you out of the parks. They just close the attractions. Take your time walking out. Check out all the details around you that you normally can't see through the crowds. You are going to have to wait anyway to get on the bus, it might as well be with some breathing room standing aw struck in from of Cinderella Castle... or bring extra money and take a cab... And you can't smoothly go from resort-to-resort. You need to take the bus to a park of DTD, and switch to the proper resort bus there. Factor in 90 minutes of travel time (yes, 90!)

It is always crowded in WDW. Be prepared for slow movers, rude visitors, long lines, and other people's cranky, screaming children.

I only say this because, at first, I found myself getting unnecessarily frustrated over these elements. The best thing you can do is make a plan and use it as guidelines. The best WDW vacations are the ones where you just let the magic take over :)

Have an amazing time!!!

It is always crowded in WDW. Be prepared for slow movers, rude visitors, long lines, and other people's cranky, screaming children

Yup we will be there the end of July, I'm prepared for the rain! I lived in FL for a couple years after college. As for rude people, slow movers, crowds and cranky people/children, I live in NYC, I'm surround by millions of people all day every day, who are rude and cranky all the time :rotfl2: And I'm used to the tourist of the world, as they are always around me with their cameras and looking up at all the bright lights and big buildings lol.

I have no doubt my OCD is going to go into over drive. But I'm going to try my best to relax and have a great time. We are planning to be in the parks early in the morning and then we will just sort of let it flow.

I've got my book with all the details of my trip. I know what time our appointments are and thats the main thing I'm keeping track of.

One more question.... When I booked the BBB they said I would have to take a cab to MK that morning because its so early. But I think TiggerTigger said they start running at 6:30 am.... I assume that means I wont have to do that? And since our appt is at 8am should we catch that 6:30 bus or would be be ok catching the 7 am bus?

One more question.... When I booked the BBB they said I would have to take a cab to MK that morning because its so early. But I think TiggerTigger said they start running at 6:30 am.... I assume that means I wont have to do that? And since our appt is at 8am should we catch that 6:30 bus or would be be ok catching the 7 am bus?

The last time I stayed at Movies (2008?) I asked at the resort when the first bus to the parks was and was told 8:00. My response was, well then how do I get a cab to AK then as we have breakfast at 8? The CM replied with, "Oh, well the character breakfast buses start at 6:30."
For whatever reason, there is often conflicting info. out there about when the buses start, but there are definitely early buses. It takes about 20 min. or so once you are on the bus (there really shouldn't be traffic that early) so you should be fine with 7am. Just keep in mind that the buses aren't as often that early in the morning. When we have to be out that early in the AM, we usually bring breakfast with us (pastries or fruit, juice etc...) that way we can eat while waiting for the bus. Or, if we don't have to wait, then we are early for out destination and can eat while waiting on the other end. It's a good time to apply sunblock as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter