bus it or walk it at CBR?

ladyandthescamp

Earning My Ears
I think I read you can take a bus within the CBR to get around the resort. We've never stayed at this resort before, but it seems quite big. We have a DD 8 and a DS 6 who don't mind walking, but we're gonna be doing a lot of that in the parks. So, is it easier to hope on the bus to go within
CBR or did I misinterpret what I read and we'll have to walk.

As always, thanks for your expert advice!

The bus does a loop around the resort and stops at each of the buildings.

It all depends on where you are going to.

Huge...mammoth...monstrosity of a resort. It might look nice, but what an inconvenience. The guest hall is on one side, the restaurant / gift shop is way on the other side. The bus driver said it is 2 1/2 miles around the resort. Thats crazy.

Originally posted by hyzdufan
Huge...mammoth...monstrosity of a resort. It might look nice, but what an inconvenience. The guest hall is on one side, the restaurant / gift shop is way on the other side. The bus driver said it is 2 1/2 miles around the resort. Thats crazy.

We had our first Disney trip last fall and stayed at CBR...it was just too big!! I don't plan on staying there again.

We plan on staying at a smaller, more centrally located resort next time......any recommendations would be great!!

As you can see, our absolute favorite resort is CBR - (although we haven't stayed at the other moderates but have visited). Here is a great hint - request Jamaica and you will be very happy -the bus picks you up and drops you off first (about 85% of the time). The Jamaica area is about a 5-6 minute walk to Old Port Royale (food court) over a bridge and through lush tropics - we love it! Don't worry - you will love it. Check out the 'all you need to know about CBR' faqs on these forums - safetymom knows all there is to know about CBR - ENJOY!!!

We have stayed there three times and have enjoyed it. Yes, it is spread out. We have stayed in both Jamaica and Aruba and those are shorter walks to Old Port Royale. They also have an internal bus that circles. I guess it depends on how much you enjoy walking. It didn't really bother me, because I love to walk and look at beautiful scenery. CBR offered me both.:)

It is large and some walking involved, but it would be quicker to walk than to wait for the busses in my opinion. The guest house is far away, but we only went there to check in and to check out.

If you request a building close to the pool and food court then it would be nice. We were in Martinique which is considered by some to be close to the pool and food court but we were on the far end of it so it was a little walk.

It was a little inconvenient for us because with two very small ones, strollers, pool toys, floaties, etc it was a big procedure to get to the pool.

I liked the resort and would consider staying there again when my girls get older. It was clean and I loved the theming. You've got WDW and the Caribbean all in one!

We have stayed at CBR many many times and never found the walking to be that bad. It is so beautiful that you forget the time. The only place in CBR I would worry about taking a bus would be Trinidad South.

The other villages you can reach Old Port Royale the food court and main pool within 10 mins from just about anywhere. If you stay in Jamaica or Aruba you can walk across Parrot Cay and be at OPR in 5 mins or so.

The customs house where you check in is further away but usually we only visit it when we check in and the night before we check out to print out our charges.

Originally posted by hyzdufan
The bus driver said it is 2 1/2 miles around the resort. Thats crazy.

I'd venture to say it's not even one mile all the way around.

The CBR is such a wonderful resort. Don't get a bus to go to different areas of the resort! It is not that far of a walk and if you can find the energy to walk in MK, EPCOT, MGM and AK this will be a piece of cake! My walk from the Alligator Bayou at POR was much further (this is also my fav moderate resort). :wave2:

I would also suggest if you are wanting to bus it, you don't necessarily need to wait for the internal bus. Just ask any driver for any of the park busses if they have stopped at your particular location yet. If not, they stop there anyway so you can get off there. It works really well, we took advantage of it a few times.

i stayed in jamaica in may and we never used the internal bus shuttle...it was maybe 5 mintutes to food court and shops and main pool....nothing big at all! and it was pretty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter