Bus from SSR to Epcot?

mbtohill

Mouseketeer
DW and I are staying at SSR for the first time for F&W in Oct. We've always stayed at either BWV, BCV or Swan/Dolphin in the past. I'm a little worried about getting to and from Epcot.

So what's the real scoop? What building should I request? How long is the bus ride?? Are the buses crazy crowded??

Thanks in advance.

The park bus stop pickup order is Grandstand, Carousel, Paddock, Congress Park, and lastly, Springs.

The 1st 3 stops are most likely to get a seat on a bus, while it can be common to have a standing-room only bus at the last stop or 2. (Ironically, the last 2 Stops are the higher point "preferred" rooms.

And yes, all bus stops (for any resort) at Epcot are really, really far from the main Epcot turnstiles. (It feels farther than any other park's bus stop to turnstiles)

It's never a question of "will I make it to Epcot today?" You just need to plan more transit and walking time. (Like plan 90 minutes from leaving your villa before you are in World Showcase ... instead of the glorious 10 minutes from leaving your Beach Club villa to being in World Showcase)

Actually, you should probably replace one World Showcase evening with a 10 minute walk into Disney Springs to take advantage of SSR's proximity to something.

The bus ride from SSR to Epcot is pretty short. Probably about 10 minutes or less once you leave the resort. The bus stops are farther away from the entrance to Epcot. If the buses are crowded depends on a lot of factors, time of day, busy season, etc.
I like the Paddock area of SSR, nice pool with a quick service and it's the middle bus stop.

We just stayed in the Grandstand building. Loved we were first bus stop coming and going to parks. Being the first bus stop, it felt like it took awhile to go to the other SSR bus stops to pick up everyone. I didn't mind because I had a seat but I felt bad for the folks getting on a FULL bus. Once you left resort area, getting to Epcot was quick.

We always request Grandstand. First on/off of bus, short walk to main building and a nice pool right outside. Stayed in Congress Park and Carousel as well, but after first time at Grandstand, that's our go to pick. Only drawback is its a long walk from DS. We like to walk, so no biggie for us.

We stayed at Congress Park last year for the walk into Disney Springs. Very convienent. We had no problem with the bus to any park. As mentioned, Epcot is a pretty quick bus ride.

Have fun! F&W is a bucket list item for DH and I.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter