bus from Port Orleans to Boardwalk

Liz Boyd

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know how long of a bus ride it would be to get from French Quarters to Boardwalk? I've heard good things about the restuarants at that resort.

There is no direct bus from POFQ to Boardwalk. There are several alternatives for indirect bus transport. During park hours, take a bus from POFQ to any park (MGM or Epcot would probably be best), then take transportation from that park to Bordwalk (from Epcot, this would involve walking through the park to Boardwalk; from MGM, this would involve the boat or a walk to Boardwalk). You could also take transport to the TTC or DTD and from there a bus to Boardwalk. Up to an hour would be a good amount of time to budget, once you take into account wait times. A direct car or cab ride would take no more than 10 minutes.

We just got back from Riverside & did this very thing. We took a bus over to MGM. Then we took the boat to Boardwalk. Just as you go into the park, you'll need to go to the area where the landing is to board the boats to Boardwalk. You don't have to go very close to the park gates. It was a very nice leisurely ride over to the Boardwalk.

One of our boat captains was feeding the birds & ducks along the way. He'd stick his hand out the window, which had bread in it, & the birds were flying right into his hand. He'd even named one Merlin, Merlin came right in & perched on his hand. Gertrude the duck came up on the bow of the boat, she was very tamed & gentle. They opened the window & she perched herself up by them. They brought forward some kids on the boat & they were feeding her bread & seeds. It was a hoot!!

Hope you enjoy your time there. I know we did!!!!

:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter