Bus driver xmas gift...

jfoofj

DIS Veteran
I was curious how many people give their child's school bus driver a gift at the holidays, and ifso, approx how much do you spend? This is the first year my son has consistently taken the bus (I used to drive him since he is at the first stop on/last stop off and is on the bus 40+ minutes each way, but now he wants to take it because it is social time he enjoys). This bus driver is really great and I would like to do something, it is a male, probably in his 40's I'd venture to guess.

TIA

We always do something, our driver is wonderful!

I usually do around $10, in the past we have done:
Starbucks gift card
Fresh bread in a basket with honey, jellys
Candle
Bath and Body works lotions, etc.

We also give her a gift at the end of the year, she is priceless!

I do too. She would drop my DD off at the house instead of the stop since she was the last one on the bus.
Last year it was a 10. 00 GC in a Vera Bradley Zip Clip ID case.
I have 2 DD's this year so I am not sure what I'll do for her. But she is so nice!

I was going to give my daughters bus driver a tin of my christmas cookies I make every year. Or would she be like what is this?? I'm clueless as to what to get

We give our bus driver a $10 dunkin donuts gift card - want to make sure he's awake every morning :)

I would give a gift certificate to a food out let or food. Like nuts in a tin.

I was going to give my daughters bus driver a tin of my christmas cookies I make every year. Or would she be like what is this?? I'm clueless as to what to get

If I could bake, I would do that. It depends on if the driver feels comfortale enough with you/your family if they would eat a homemade gift. Mine would since we have know her 4 years and talk frequently. Or if it is a small town feeling. Otherwise a pre packaged food may be safer for them.

Not sure how many kids are at your stop, but we have 17. So we collect $5 from each family and get a gift card. Then have all the kids sign a card. I like group gifts.

My DS bus drivers & aide stop each morning at our local store for coffee. I went & got them a gift certificate for the store & a lottery scratch off ticket. Last year she won $50!

My youngest daughters gets a bus all to herself. She is in Early Childhood classes and has to be bussed from one town to another. Last year we gave our bus driver a box of turtles. From what I hear she loved them.

If I could bake, I would do that. It depends on if the driver feels comfortale enough with you/your family if they would eat a homemade gift. Mine would since we have know her 4 years and talk frequently. Or if it is a small town feeling. Otherwise a pre packaged food may be safer for them.

We do live in a very small town and yeah we see her every day twice a day so she's comfortable with us. It's the only thing I make from scratch all year. They are a huge pain but they have been done in the family every year since I can remember.

Well, I am a school bus driver and here's a list of things I've received in the past.

Gift cards to Dunkin Donuts (even though I don't drink coffee at all, my boys really enjoy a box of donuts on a Sunday morning ) :thumbsup2

Candles and candles and candles

Bath & Body Works lotions

Homemade treats

Money in a card that the student had made

Those gift type basket things that can be found at Walmart (whether it's a candy basket, soup basket, cocoa basket, etc)

I had this one mom make a basket of all kinds of stuff each year. It always contained a baked banana bread, a homemade jelly of some sort, homemade cookies, fudge, an ornament that the student made, a gift card to somewhere and then filled with Hershey Kisses or other holiday colored candies.

And last year, one of my favorites....I had a family of three little ones and their mom got an ornament that looks like the front of bus, in one window it says 2008 and the other window it says Ms. Pam I'm actually looking at it on my Christmas tree right now

I've also received a poinsettia one year. Even though they are pretty and it was very much appreicated, I wouldn't recommend plants. Not only do you not know if the bus driver or students are allergic, the bus driver really doesn't have much room to "store" these bigger gifts while driving. The plant they I got ended up tumbling down the stairs when I took a corner and hit a ditch. :headache:

If you get a second to ask the driver what her favorite store is, a gift card to there is also appreciated.

HTH

I also do about $10.00 and try to get something sort of useful although maybe my ideas aren't terribly fun. Last year during the outrageous gas prices I got her a BP gift card, this year I gave her a Target gift card. I figured everybody could find something at Target.

I don't know her personal likes and dislikes but we really appreciate how she takes care of our kids.

Last year, I did a $10 gift card to Starbucks tucked inside one of those travel mugs.

I've done $10 GC to Mcdonalds in the past but this year I think I'm going to get a GC to a new Italian restaurant in town that everyone loves. We have a great bus driver that my son has had for three years now and my daughter had her for the three years prior to that. So we've known her for many years and this will be her last year with us, as DS will be moving on to junior high next year:sad2: I learned many years ago the school bus driver is one person you definitely want to make your friend;) I rather like that bus stop right at my front door. And besides those folks are way underpaid! This is one job I wouldn't last one day at:lmao:

We do a cinnamon pancake mix for teachers and always include the bus driver as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter