• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Burning a CD at Shutters

lkohawaii

DIS Veteran
I read on one of these thread that the CD's they burn at Shutters had a preview problem. Well, not actually a problem just an inconvinience. Anyone know what if it's still like that? I think it was you couldn't preview a lot of pictures at once like on those preview prints. I think it was you could only view one at a time.

The CD was fine, I think I remeber it loaded its own view software or something. You can view all the photos just like a CD you burn, just don't use the software they put on it to do it.

Does this CD contain all the pics they took and do you know how much the CD is?

famfoc said:
Does this CD contain all the pics they took and do you know how much the CD is?
This CD would contain all of the pictures that you took with YOUR digital camera.

I've got a question about Shutters burning a CD for me. I have a 512 meg SD card.

1) can they do this type of card?
2) Do they have to keep this type of card overnight to do it?
3) Will they download the entire 512 to a CD (holds 620m) at once?
4) Oh, yea, whats the cost for this service again.

Thanks!

They can do SD & XD for sure, not positive about others. I have heard different reports on how long it takes, some say they did it right then others had to wait a day. I am pretty sure the XD had to wait. Each CD cost $14.95....

We had a 512 meg card burned for us on the Feb 13 Wonder. Price was as mentioned. The card was only about 1/2 full - but we were being careful 'cause Castaway Cay was the next day. It took about 15 mins. Pics worked out fine and I uploaded them to shutterfly.com with no problem.

We had several (4) memory sticks burned onto the CD. I dropped off the sticks just before dinner and picked everything up around 9:30 am the next morning.

I had no problem viewing or uploading the pictures to Shutterfly for printing.

We did this on our last cruise, and it took about 10 minutes. They verified the download before handing us the disk. The one caution I can give is that it downloads still files only. We lost our digital video because I didn't realize that they hadn't copied over. It is possible that they could have transferred the video, but I didn't think to specifically mention the video, so they didn't know there were video files on the card.

As far as the type of memory, we had the sD card, but I think they can handle any normal type of media. And since most CDs hold well more than any card I can think of, I can't imagine that your card size will be a limiting factor. If you're still concerned, stop by Shutters during the first day, and they'll be happy to go over what they can do. That way, you'll know if you have to stop at 500 pictures if that's a limiting factor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter