Burlington, VT

vsimeone

<font color=deeppink>I am the Queen Thread Killer
I just found out today that I will be traveling to Burlington, VT in July on business. Any budget recommendations for things to do (dining and/or recreation) in Burlington?

Thanks!

We just went skiing there in Feb. I would say that any of the factory tours are cheap and fun. Ben and Jerrys, cider mill, vermont teddy bear company, Cabot cheese, chocolate factory. Most tours are a few dollars and you'll get samples at most as well.

Kim

I probably won't get to do brunch as I will be working either 8-4 or 9-5 :sad1: Does anyone happen to know if the factories have evening tour hours? I'll look them up on the Internet as well. Thanks for the ideas!

Any recommendations for restaurants for dinner?

Thanks again!

Are you getting a rental car? Most of the "cabot tours" and Ben & Jerry's are in Waterbury. You don't want to travel that far, if you don't have to.

The best place to go is Church Street (there are several eateries and shops, including B&J's.) There's a couple of restaurants on the waterfront in Burlington also, and like another poster pointed out, there's a Lake Champlain tour... if you're up for it. It'll be nice out probably in July, so it might be worth it. Do you know which hotel/ conference center you'll be at? There are SEVERAL in the Burlington/So. Burlington area, so as to give you a better idea of where to eat/what to do, it would be a good idea to know where you'll be at!

We live near Middlebury, and go to Burlington often, so if you need any help... just ask! (there are several websites for Burlington events and things to do... just remember to find out what the distances are from your hotel... Waterbury's about 45min.-1hr away.)

You can take a cruise on Lake Champlain at night, you can also visit Church street for outdoor cafe's and street vendor's.... you could visit the Ethan Allen Homestead as well as Shelburne Farms as well. You can visit the Magic Hat brewery if you like good beer's, there's also a green mountain coffee tour, and if you snowboard you could visit the Burton factory. If it rains, perhaps you could take a trip up to Montreal, it's about 90 minutes. There are also hot air balloons that take off from Essex. That's all I can think of for now... oh & golf, there's plenty of golf :)

Thanks again! I'll be staying at the Courtyard by Marriott and I'll be conducting training at Fletcher Allen Medical Center.

I've never been to Montreal so that could be an interesting prospect... I don't know yet if I'll have a rental. I have to assume I will. We usually get them unless we're in a really big city - Chicago, New York, Philadelphia...

Thanks for all the ideas! I'll be doing my research to see what kind of interesting activities I can fit in around my training!

If your into beer at all theres the magic hat brewery that offers free tours. This was a great time and they allow you to try many many many samples.

You must eat a boves if you like italian food. It is near the square mall and church street. Almost always a line out the door. YUMMMY>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter