Burgers - How Do You Like 'Em?

Tonight's burger was pretty good...medium, a bit of mayo and ketchup on the bun, lettuce, tomato, American cheese and pickles. Usually just medium on a bun, with cheese, ketchup and relish.

Oh I'm so bad when it comes to the burger bun. Burger well done with cheese please. Toasted, but that had butter on it before toasting them mayo, ketchup lettuce, tomato, grilled onions. Gee sounds like we had that for dinner last night.

Well done, with bleu cheese crumbles, bacon (fresh, not the microwavable crap,) lettuce, red onion, a VERY thin tomato slice, mayo, and a little yellow mustard, on a toasted bun.

Medium... preferably on the rare side... with cheese (cheddar, blue, American, or provolone), mayo, catsup, chopped onion. Prefer the bun toasted, but plain's OK, and prefer a more traditional style bun than a deli bun (too much bread). I don't like cold veggies on my burger, so hold the tomato, hold the lettuce.

cooked medium, Gorgonzola cheese , lettuce, ketchup, on a thick bakery bun.... oh gosh am i hungry now...

I make mine at home "meatloaf-style".

Mix good ground beef with an egg, a little bit of ketchup or BBQ sauce or Worcestershire sauce, some seasonings, and some very finely crushed saltines. Form into patties or press in a patty press. Grill on the outside grill till well seared on the outside and still juicy but absolutely NO pink on the inside.

For a traditional burger I eat them on a good whole wheat traditional soft hamburger roll, topped with cheddar or American cheese, lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mustard, mayo, and sweet pickles. Good served with very crispy Ore'Ida Crispers fries.

I also love "Hawaiian" burgers - mix Teriyaki sauce into the meat instead of any of the other sauces, grill some pineapple rings while you are grilling the meat, and brush both the burger and the pineapple with a little more Teriyaki. Serve with lettuce and tomato, a little fresh purple or red onion (if desired) and a little mayo (if desired) on Kings' Hawaiian hamburger rolls. Especially good served with sweet potato fries.

The Johnny Cash Ring of Fire Burger...I had this several years ago at a brewpub in Colorado (Coopersmith in Fort Collins) and have been making it at home ever since:

Buffalo sauce, jalapenos, and Gorgonzola crumbles (the original version) but we add slices of onion too. As for cooking, I like burgers a bit on the rare side. :thumbsup2

I like 'em done, but still juicy. A slight tinge of pink is borderline, definitely no red. As for toppings, almost anything but ketchup.

Typically, it's:

Cheese & Mustard

Sometimes I'll add pickles and onions, but not every time. But, I also love specialty burgers that are loaded up with various things. I subscribe to the theory that, "there are no bad burgers. Some are just better than the rest". Definitely one of my favorite foods :)

Big fan of the "Burnin' Love Burger" at Red Robin:

499108.jpg

For a traditional burger I enjoy it medium on a good toasted bun with bacon, provolone cheese, and A-1 steak sauce.

Non traditional I like a turkey burger flavored like a meatball with mozzarella cheese and a chunky tomato sauce

My favorite burger can be found at Five Guys Burgers and Fries, and it's two patties, two slices of american cheese, bacon, mayo, lettuce, pickles and chopped onion on a sesame seed bun.... And it's super juicy,,, my mouth is watering just thinking about it...

180024_1546466826188_1370558870_31204561_1067062_n.jpg

That looks delicious!

I had Five Guys for the first time last week. I sent DH out to bring it back home and he ordered large fries FOR BOTH OF US. Lesson learned...It was basically a paper sack filled with fries.:rotfl:

There is a place in Killeen TX called Billy Bob's Burgers and they have the BEST burgers I have ever had.

If I am making them at home I like them a little pink with lettuce, red onion, mayo and pickles.

I'll grind my own chuck coarsely, or use 80/20 pre-ground if I can't grind my own. Sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper on both sides. A really hot fire or cast-iron skillet with about 1t of bacon grease. Two minutes on one side to get a crust, flip, two slices of the cheapo American singles cheese, two minutes more until the cheese melts. It should be able to walk to the plate on its own. A medium-toasted seeded sandwich roll, and a thin slice of onion if I happen to have a Vidalia or Florida Sweet.

Ketchup, mayonnaise, and/or well-done are disgusting.

It's pretty rare I find a burger I like not made at home! I like mine medium with lots of pickles, peppers, basil, and onion.

I love In and Out, animal style, extra sauce, 1 slice of tomato

At home I buy the frozen Jennie-O seasoned lean turkey patties, slice of cheese, on regular sized bun. Mayo, red onion, lettuce, sweet relish, EXTRA bbq sauce. MMMM, sounds so good right now!

Pink in the middle, covered with cheddar cheese - mayo and ketchup on both sides of the bun, crisp iceberg lettuce on the bottom, lots of sliced tomatoes - at least 2 on bottom piece of bun and 2 on top.

80-20 ground beef, steak sauce and pepper jack cheese mixed into the ground beef before grilling. Cooked medium. Served either on a plate or on a flour dusted roll with lettuce, tomato, pickle, and mayo. Add bacon on top if I'm feeling adventurous. Yum!!

We are on a kick this month of making what we call " goofy burgers", everytime we make them they are different.
So far we have had rueben burgers- corn beef, sauerkraut,swiss cheese and thousand island dressing as the topping
cappicola burgers- cappicola and provolone topping
peanut butter and fried egg topping
pepper jack cheese, bacon and fried egg topping

the next one is a burger made with feta cheese and chopped jalepenos then topped with grilled jalepenos and more feta cheese

if anyone has anymore suggestions for goofy burgers please post them :goodvibes

We are on a kick this month of making what we call " goofy burgers", everytime we make them they are different.
So far we have had rueben burgers- corn beef, sauerkraut,swiss cheese and thousand island dressing as the topping
cappicola burgers- cappicola and provolone topping
peanut butter and fried egg topping
pepper jack cheese, bacon and fried egg topping

the next one is a burger made with feta cheese and chopped jalepenos then topped with grilled jalepenos and more feta cheese

if anyone has anymore suggestions for goofy burgers please post them :goodvibes

This is not really a beef burger, but I make patties out of hot Italian sausage and top them with grilled peppers and onions. DH likes ketchup on them, but I use spicy mustard.

I also do chicken parm "burgers". I mix mozzeralla cheese and Italian seasonings into some ground, white meat chicken, then grill or broil it and top with cheese and marinara. I toast up the buns with butter and garlic. My kids actually really love these.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter