Burbank Cali

Megan07

Mouseketeer
Hi

A friend and I are planning a trip to California and want to stay in burbank. We will be seeing the studios and are hoping to see ellen degeneres. We'd also like to go to the beach.

Where is a good and safe place to stay for two college girls? We'd like one that's close to everything because I don't think we can rent a car. Complimentry breakfast is a plus, not necessary though.

Thanks for your help!

Hi

A friend and I are planning a trip to California and want to stay in burbank. We will be seeing the studios and are hoping to see ellen degeneres. We'd also like to go to the beach.

Where is a good and safe place to stay for two college girls? We'd like one that's close to everything because I don't think we can rent a car. Complimentry breakfast is a plus, not necessary though.

Thanks for your help!

Why would you want to stay in burbank?? it's far from the beach. there's nothing there of real interest especially for College girls. your better off staying somewhere in west hollywood or santa monica. and just taking a cab or mass transit over to see that show.

:wizard: Rudy

The Best Western Burbank is walkable to Warner brothers Tour, NBC Tour/Jay Leno, and to Ellen. Safe neighborhood with a few cafes and nightspots nearby. Many more restaurants within a 1/2 mile walk.

The bus will take you down to Hollywood and Highland/ Walk of Fame (15 mins) or over to Universal Studios Tour (8 mins).

The beach is quite a bit more difficult. It's over 90 minutes on the bus and metro. But, maybe you'll meet some other "ellen" visitors who are going to the beach and will take you along.

I live in Burbank and second the Best Western. The Ellen Studio is about 15-20 blocks away and the Warner Bros Studio Tour is less than that - about 10. There is also a lot of dining you can walk to and you are very close to Universal, if you want to take a cab, rather than the bus. If you need something cheaper, there is a 50's style motel on Olive near Buena Vista, called the Safari Inn that is way cool and very safe. It's also within a short cab distance to everything and it has a funky atmosphere. (You could actually walk to Ellen, but it is about 20 blocks or so, the other direction from the Best Western.)

Other good places are the new Residence Inn and the Holiday Inn - right in the heart of "beautiful Downtown Burbank" - shopping and dining and nightlife within walking distance, the Burbank Marriott- right across from the airport (a little bit, okay, a lot more dull than the other locations) or the Hilton or Sheraton at Universal. Those are both very nice and have Citiwalk on their doorstep (less than a block walk from the hotel) if you want nightlife.

Contrary to the PP, Burbank has LOTS to do. It is also an extrememly safe area - a comfort to parents who will worry the entire time you are gone. Quiet and midwestern in flavor. Santa Monica, Venice Beach, and Hollywood are more "party and nightlife" areas and can be rather dicey for two college age girls, if you are not travel-saavy. A safe place in Santa Monica, Venice, or North Hollywood can also be VERY expensive on a college budget.

Thinking about it - you might find the Universal hotels a better fit, but the price and location might be better at the Best Western.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter