• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bunnies, Blooms, & the Boardwalk...NEW TR LINK ADDED p. 14

Excellent plans! The Utilidors are pretty cool. We did a different tour so no worries, I have nothing to slip. Hope you have a great weekend.

I'm here! :woohoo:

Can't believe you are returning in just over a month! Love the dining choices - just reading about B&C and KK is making my mouth water :lmao:

Sounds so cool! Backstage stuff WOOO! So I guess the other Maris(s)a was the winner hahaha... I was KINDA close. :rotfl:

Yes, you were kind of close. Nice job remembering too how I said I wanted to do the Wild Africa Trek! :thumbsup2

50 days! I really need to sneak into your bags, what's your flight time!:rotfl2:

My DH knows a couple that did the Keys tour and they said it was amazing! I bet it will change everything you think you know about MK! This is one TR I can't wait for!

haha, 11:15. ;)

I am sure the tour is going to be awesome. I really can't wait to see what it's like.

Wow, 50 days already! Woo hoo! :cool1:

Yay, the Keys to the Kingdom tour sounds amazing! I'm definitely hoping to do it someday, on one of our longer trips!

Well, once we get back I'll be sure to report on it. :)

Keys to the Kingdom sounds awesome! I've always wondered what it's like in the Utilidors. Fun day!:goodvibes

It is going to be a very exciting day! :cool1:

Excellent plans! The Utilidors are pretty cool. We did a different tour so no worries, I have nothing to slip. Hope you have a great weekend.

Which tour did you do? Do they go to the Utilidors on the Backstage Magic tour?

I'm here! :woohoo:

Can't believe you are returning in just over a month! Love the dining choices - just reading about B&C and KK is making my mouth water :lmao:

Yay, welcome! :wave2:

I can't believe it either. As pathetic as it sounds though it seems like it was forever ago when I was there. :rolleyes:

Yay! 50 days to go! Well I guess it's less now :rolleyes:

I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour last year. It was very cool. We got on pirates, haunted mansion and jungle cruise. At least that's what I can remember. It was pretty hot but that was in August. Hopefully it will be a bit cooler in April! You're going to love it!

that would be just fantastic to do that tour. I heard from ny freind the other day that was trying to get into the CP, she said that she did not get picked :( she was dissapointed but new her chance was fairly slim. I think she said there was only 4 openings and 150 people applied for it.

Which tour did you do? Do they go to the Utilidors on the Backstage Magic tour?

Yep, that was the one. I was so looking forward to seeing the Utilidors. They did not disappoint though my mind had pictured something different. The only thing with the Backstage Magic tour is that it is an all day event, about 8 hours I think. We ended around 5 and I thought we'd be able to go to a park in the evening but we were exhausted. All the excitement coupled with walking most of the day probably. Pricey but worth every penny. But if you're thinking of doing that tour some day I highly recommend it.

Hi Sarah!

Joining your trip report too. Sounds like you have some great plans. It would be so much fun to stay at the Boardwalk, with a view of everything going on below. I'm sure you and your Dad will love it there. The Strawberry cupcake from the Bakery is Sooooo good, sitting at a table overlooking the water is a great way to enjoy it too!;)
The keys to the kingdom tour sounds like so much fun. I would love to try a tour one day, and that would be top of the list. Can't wait to hear your opinion of it, and see your pictures.:surfweb:
I would also highly recommend B&C, we love the burger, ceasar salad and No Way Jose (request just vanilla ice cream, it normally comes with chocolate and vanilla). My favorite thing from the caramel store is the caramel corn, so good.
Have a great weekend:)

Yay! 50 days to go! Well I guess it's less now :rolleyes:

I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour last year. It was very cool. We got on pirates, haunted mansion and jungle cruise. At least that's what I can remember. It was pretty hot but that was in August. Hopefully it will be a bit cooler in April! You're going to love it!

haha, yup, now we're closer to 40! Yippee!

I will be anxious to see where we end up going. Anywhere will be cool though. I know it's going to be a great time.

that would be just fantastic to do that tour. I heard from ny freind the other day that was trying to get into the CP, she said that she did not get picked :( she was dissapointed but new her chance was fairly slim. I think she said there was only 4 openings and 150 people applied for it.

Aww, I am sorry your friend didn't get in but yeah, that's a lot of people for so few openings. Maybe she can try again because my sister didn't get accepted the first time either (she didn't pass the web interview).

Yep, that was the one. I was so looking forward to seeing the Utilidors. They did not disappoint though my mind had pictured something different. The only thing with the Backstage Magic tour is that it is an all day event, about 8 hours I think. We ended around 5 and I thought we'd be able to go to a park in the evening but we were exhausted. All the excitement coupled with walking most of the day probably. Pricey but worth every penny. But if you're thinking of doing that tour some day I highly recommend it.

That tour would be cool too, especially since you get to go to Epcot and DHS too. Maybe some other trip we can do that one.

:banana: Yay for doing the KTTK tour!! You'll love it! Lunch is at CHH and is super yummy!

I think we will both really enjoy the KTTK tour. So excited!

Hi Sarah!

Joining your trip report too. Sounds like you have some great plans. It would be so much fun to stay at the Boardwalk, with a view of everything going on below. I'm sure you and your Dad will love it there. The Strawberry cupcake from the Bakery is Sooooo good, sitting at a table overlooking the water is a great way to enjoy it too!;)
The keys to the kingdom tour sounds like so much fun. I would love to try a tour one day, and that would be top of the list. Can't wait to hear your opinion of it, and see your pictures.:surfweb:
I would also highly recommend B&C, we love the burger, ceasar salad and No Way Jose (request just vanilla ice cream, it normally comes with chocolate and vanilla). My favorite thing from the caramel store is the caramel corn, so good.
Have a great weekend:)

Hi Judy, glad you found my new PTR. :wave2:

I am really looking forward to the Boardwalk, especially now that we have the BW view. It's going to be so fun to just go outside and stroll around, or hopefully watch from a balcony. I have always loved the atmosphere of the Boardwalk so it's going to be neat staying in the middle of the excitement!

Well, if they let us take pictures I will be sure to post them but if it's like the other ones they probably won't allow it (atleast backstage).

I will keep that in mind about the No Way Jose since I'm not a huge fan of chocolate ice cream. :confused3 A lot of people seem to like the caramel corn-might have to get that!

Hi DIS friends. :wave2:

Sorry for the terrible lack of updates on this PTR but...we are now only 6 weeks (or 42 days, whichever you prefer) away from our trip. YEAH!!! So I guess it's time to start sharing some park plans! :thumbsup2

Just like in my past PTRs, I'm going to do plans by park instead of by day since we typically don't plan out each and every day. We always have a general idea of what we want to do and that way we can be flexible. So here we go...let's start off with...

castleagain.jpg

Magic Kingdom Plans!!!

Like always, we will head to the Magic Kingdom for our first full park day, which this year, also happens to be Easter. The park is scheduled to open at 8:00 am for EMH and you can bet we will be there so we can see the welcome show. :goodvibes On Saturday (our arrival day) the MK is scheduled to have EMH at 7:00 am and I think we're still sort of hoping the hours will change. We might be crazy, but when Dad and I went in 2010 there was hardly anybody there at 7:00 and we got to do SO much.

But anyway, regardless we will be there for rope drop and then immediately head to Tomorrowland for a ride on Space Mountain and then Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. Those are the definite must-dos, but I might also want to go on the Tomorrowland Speedway and/or Astro Orbiter.

From there we will probably follow our usual path by cutting through Fantasyland to get to Frontierland. On the way there I'd like to do Peter Pan's Flight (classic!) before the line gets too long. Then it'll be time to complete the Triple Mountain Whammy! Only...not really. Because Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is closed for refurbishment until May. :sad::sad::sad: This seriously bums me out since Thunder Mountain is one of my all-time favorites. How can you go to Disney World and not ride it? Very sad. So for this trip we'll have to settle for the Double Mountain Whammy with Space Mountain and Splash Mountain.

On the bright side though, I just read that Snow White's Scary Adventures is not going to be closing until May 31. We'll definitely have to ride that once or twice before it's really gone for good (I thought in October it would be our last ride). And with BTMRR being closed it'll be a good opportunity to do some attractions we don't normally do, like the Enchanted Tiki Room and maybe Tom Sawyer Island.

We'll also do the classics like Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, and the Haunted Mansion.

One new thing I am really looking forward to trying is the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game. If you aren't familiar with it, it sounds like it's very similar to the Kim Possible missions at Epcot. Here's the description from the WDW website:

Experience even more Disney magic during an interactive adventure with Merlin, the legendary wizard! Included in your theme park admission, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is a role-playing game that takes you around the park to help Merlin solve a series of clues—and prevent Disney Villains from taking over Magic Kingdom.

Aided by magic spells on special cards, players—or apprentice sorcerers—search for symbols that reveal the hiding places of Disney Villains, including Yzma and Kronk from the Disney film The Emperor's New Groove. By casting magical spell cards, apprentice sorcerers engage in battle. From flinging fireballs to creating cyclones, there are spells to bring down each and every villain.

This might be cool to do some evening if we go to see Wishes and the Magic, the Memories, and You show. If the new Dumbo is open I will want to go on that. Does anybody know when it's supposed to open? On the WDW website it says it's closed until March 11.

And then of course I already mentioned how we're doing the Keys to the Kingdom Tour on Thursday, April 12. The tour is scheduled for 9:30 so we're going to plan on being there for opening again so we can do a couple of the things we missed.

So that's what I got so far-I'm sure I'm missing something. Thoughts? Feel free to share!

Double Mountain Whammy! Haha that sounds funny. What is NOT funny is the fact that Big Thunder will be closed. :( I feel the same way about Test Track being closed this summer.

Yeah, I read that Dumbo will be open in March! HOWEVER, they said that only one side of it will be open... which is weird to me! Hopefully they'll get both sides going soon!

Sounds like some fun plans!

Just a fun thing I want to mention, on Tom Sawyers island make sure to go all the way to the fort and there's a 'secret' escape tunnel that's fun to go through. Just another Disney detail that isn't necessary but adds to the fun. Maybe you already know about it.

Great MK plans! Wow, EMH at 7:00? That's so early, but it will be worth it if there aren't many people in the park, you can get so much done!

I'm bummed that BTMRR won't be open on my trip either...or Test Track! It could be worse, though. It could be Soarin or ToT! :rotfl:

That new Sorcerers game sounds awesome! :thumbsup2

Double Mountain Whammy! Haha that sounds funny. What is NOT funny is the fact that Big Thunder will be closed. :( I feel the same way about Test Track being closed this summer.

Yeah, I read that Dumbo will be open in March! HOWEVER, they said that only one side of it will be open... which is weird to me! Hopefully they'll get both sides going soon!

Sounds like some fun plans!

I know, Double Mountain Whammy just doesn't have the same ring to it. Very disappointing it's going to be closed. I know rides need refurbishments but I guess I'm surprised that it's still going to be down during a busy time. Oh well.

Yes, that is what I saw too about just one side being open on Dumbo. But that's OK.

Just a fun thing I want to mention, on Tom Sawyers island make sure to go all the way to the fort and there's a 'secret' escape tunnel that's fun to go through. Just another Disney detail that isn't necessary but adds to the fun. Maybe you already know about it.

I probably wouldn't have known about it but I was just reading an article about Tom Sawyer Island in Celebrations magazine yesterday. :) It's always fun learning new things about the parks.

Great MK plans! Wow, EMH at 7:00? That's so early, but it will be worth it if there aren't many people in the park, you can get so much done!

I'm bummed that BTMRR won't be open on my trip either...or Test Track! It could be worse, though. It could be Soarin or ToT! :rotfl:

That new Sorcerers game sounds awesome! :thumbsup2

Yeah, as of right now it's still 8:00 but the 7 am a couple years ago was great. It was exciting getting on the bus/being at the park before the sun was up. haha!

Ooh, that stinks TT will be closed for you too. I saw they were closing it but fortunately I think it closes the day after we leave. Sucks to have two major attractions down. :sad2:

BTMRR being closed is a huge bummer, I agree! Guess you'll just have to ride Space and Splash extra :goodvibes

Oh I can't wait to hear what you think of the Sorcerers of the MK game! I've read a few reviews online but since I "know" you, I take your opinion more seriously :laughing:

Joining in ! :yay:

We'll be there at the same time !

On Easter Sunday, we're going to do AK in the morning. I have a feeling MK will be packed that morning, but will head over for dinner at Liberty Tree later on that evening. :thumbsup2

I hate that BTMRR is going to be closed ... It's one of my little guys favorite rides and he won't DO Splash .. So I'm trying to convince him to try Space Mountain. ;)

It's almost here !! :banana:

I am following you around the park in my head! :lmao: I'm feeling a bit of Disney depression lately, so imagining it along with you makes me happy.

I heard Dumbo was going to re-open soon, but not the date, I think the view is going to be so different now.

I hope the crowds aren't crazy!

BTMRR being closed is a huge bummer, I agree! Guess you'll just have to ride Space and Splash extra :goodvibes

Oh I can't wait to hear what you think of the Sorcerers of the MK game! I've read a few reviews online but since I "know" you, I take your opinion more seriously :laughing:

haha, yes, I might have to do that. But I will miss BTMRR. :(

I will be sure to do a review of it after we play. I'm excited!

Joining in ! :yay:

We'll be there at the same time !

On Easter Sunday, we're going to do AK in the morning. I have a feeling MK will be packed that morning, but will head over for dinner at Liberty Tree later on that evening. :thumbsup2

I hate that BTMRR is going to be closed ... It's one of my little guys favorite rides and he won't DO Splash .. So I'm trying to convince him to try Space Mountain. ;)

It's almost here !! :banana:

Welcome!! It's always fun hearing from people who will be there at the same time.

I think you're right, it probably will be really busy at the MK but we always go there for our first morning. So we'll just have to deal with it. We've handled the crowds before so I think it'll be fine. :)

Ooh, I hope you can get your little guy to do Space Mountain! It's always fun when we ride with first timers. If you do get him to try it hopefully he'll be one of the kids who comes off saying, "That was AWESOME!"

Great MK plans :cool1:

Thanks. :)

I am following you around the park in my head! :lmao: I'm feeling a bit of Disney depression lately, so imagining it along with you makes me happy.

I heard Dumbo was going to re-open soon, but not the date, I think the view is going to be so different now.

I hope the crowds aren't crazy!

Disney depression is never fun. Hopefully you can live vicariously through our plans/trip but it's never quite the same as being there. :sad2:

I hope it's not too crazy either but since we've done it before we know what to expect. Plus it'll be nice just having two people so we can do things quicker.

40 days to go!!! :cheer2::yay::woohoo:

I think I have finally come up with a fun countdown idea. In past PTRs, I've done everything from sharing Top Ten lists to favorite trip memories to those "Simple Disney Things" (courtesy of that amazing blog!) that make Disney so magical. :goodvibes I wanted to do something different for this PTR and it will start right NOW! Yay. :thumbsup2

So here we go. In between Disney trips how many of you find yourselves listening to Disney music-either from the parks or movies or both? I know I do! Recently I discovered this great website called D-Cot (I should give a shout out to Gretchen since I first saw it on her facebook) that has all sorts of Disney theme park music. It's so fun being able to log into the site and almost transport yourself to Disney World because the music is one of my favorite parts of going to the parks! It's amazing how something as simple as a song can evoke so many images and memories. There are so many awesome songs that to count down the last few weeks before our trip, I'll post some of those great theme park songs (yes, I am going to focus on the park music instead of movies). To start off the countdown, here's a classic...just click on the link to hear the song. :)

One Little Spark

Every time I hear this song I always think of riding the original (and far superior) version of Journey Into Imagination. I am glad that they still pay homage to this song on the buses when you arrive at Epcot and of course a little bit on the new Journey Into Imagination with Figment. Love this song! And Figment is awesome too. :thumbsup2

onelittlespark.png

Hope everyone has a good week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter