• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bunnies and mooses and groupies, Oh my!!! The Wilderness Lodge groupies thread. 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you happen to take any pics of your lake view? (Of course I guess you'd have to post them on another thread!:laughing:)
Hi BWV - We didn't actually go yet. We were talking about my current reservation. I have stayed in the Contemp. before and always liked the Lake View better. You can see VWL from that side..now we are back on topic..lol.

I have to agree with you on that. Except for the time wishes is going on I would think the MK view is mostly of the parking lot. I found that to be the case when we stayed at the Contemporary MK view. The Lake View looks great all day and if we are in the hotel during wishes we will go to the rooftop lounge anyway. JMO...hope most don't feel that way too or we could see the points on the LV side go up..lol.

I agree too. I loved the Bay Lake View. It was especially nice in the early morning. Just gorgeous.
Sorry, Mushka, no pictures but might get some if my son ever transfers his to my computer.

Thanks for the nice welcome backs!

Deb

Great Sunday Morning, Groupies!! May God Bless you all with a great day:goodvibes

Escaping the rainy doldrums. My kids are both out & I'm alone to work on code that simply needed a few things added. ("Easy!" I had said, forgetting that nothing is ever as simple as it seems. :headache:)

So, switched off the headache - thinking of Christmas now :santa: I just called MS and requested to be on "lake side" or "pool view" of VWL. Praying that SWA will decide to add in WL for ME return before Dec. Is it going to happen by then? doubt it, but I'll stay positive.

All we need now is a few more pics & I'll be good to get back to work. :laughing:

Hi Groupies :wave2:
I've enjoyed reading the past few pages of thread and getting caught up.

Nice to see you back Deb! :) A trip to the Lodge next Christmas with family sounds wonderful... we just may have to join you!

Count me in as another one happy to see the return of Maria's graphics! :thumbsup2 I hope your computer is able to be saved. Mine has crashed too many times. Poor DH is the one that has the task of re-building.

Thinking of you tea pot as you make your way to our favorite place. Have a nice trip! Take lots of pictures!

27 days and counting until DD's wedding. The final dress fitting is tomorrow. We saw the preliminary floral designs this week-end - gorgeous! Another busy week for us, but all too soon, the house will be quiet, they'll be no appointments to keep or planning to do - except the next trip to Disney, of course!

Di

Don't let her kid you . . . she comments on our December trip to The Lodge more than the upcoming wedding. I think that by the time I get home from the source of most revenue, she is tired of talking about it with DD. The closer the wedding gets, the more of those little necessities rear their ugly heads to cause an uproar.

As for me . . .

I have been fitted for the Tux. I drive the car to various shopping venues. I acknowledge the checks signed by DiznyDi ($320 for mints? - Geeze Louise :eek:). I know the time. I am complete. What is the big deal? :confused3

Hi Groupies!

DiznyDi & Dad - sounds like all the plans are coming together beautifully. Looking forward to seeing the pics in Dec.! :santa:

Good news here. DH went back to work today! :yay::woohoo::yay: It's a contract job with the company he's been working for until they put him on unpaid leave. It's only a 1 month assignment, but his boss assures him they'll place him somewhere else when it's done. Where have I heard that before? :rolleyes: But, it's at least a month of a FT salary & that is much better than collecting unemployment & it saved us from having to start COBRA for our medical in Oct.

He did not unfortunately hear anything back on the permanent job in our town. He did follow up last week, but the boss was out of town for the week. It's possible he still might hear something this week, but DH said he got the impression that he probably would have heard from someone else to at least schedule the 2nd interview if they were interested. :sad2: He'll keep looking.

Have a great day everyone! :flower3:

Horselover -
We all have been wondering how things were going for your DH in the employment arena. Thanks for sharing that good news! :)

I'm happy for your husband HL, that is good news.:lmao:

Dizny hubby-wife combo, love the tag-team posts :lmao:. I hope those mints are good!

I watched Father of the Bride once AGAIN the other day. I just love George Banks.:love:

HL - that is good news! I'll keep my fingers crossed that some perm. comes up in the meantime.

There sure must be alot of excitement in the Dizny household! I hope all the planning goes well!

DD had a model horse show on Saturday and did pretty well. She won some model horses. She was on :cloud9:

Do you think with us staying for 8 nights in June that we would have any chance at being a Flag family?

horselover...glad your husband found some work. That's great news.

Dizny Dad and DiznyDi.....the wedding plans sound like so much fun. Can't wait to see pics ! The $320 for mints cracked me up !!!! Those better be some really scrumptious yummylicious mints ! :rotfl:

twinklebug...hope u get your request ! I believe lake view and pool view are also more convenient to the elevator ? Our room this past May was all the way at the end (well..one from the end).

DLI...congrats to your DD ! Hope she enjoys her prize :goodvibes

Things are starting to look up for my dd at FSU. She accepted a bid to pledge a coed service/volunteer oriented frat. She is an official pledge now and said she has already met so many nice people. She has been in school for 7 weeks and really had only made 2 friends. So I think this coed frat may open up many more doors for her. And in the long run...help to bring her out of her breakup depression. She and I chatted on the phone until 2 am last night and she was the happiest I have heard her sound since early August. Good feeling.......
PS horselover : Guess what service/volunteer project my dd signed up for for Oct 10 ?? They are volunteering to help at a rescue horse shelter ! She is very excited about it. Just wanted to share........
Oh...and still noone has fixed my laptop. DH and DS were very busy over the weekend....so I'm still on the kids' desktop.

Maria

Hi Neighbors!
Is it Dec. yet! Sorry I have not been around lately I have been swamped at work with new projects etc. Can’t complain I guess at least I am still working. Really looking forward to seeing everyone in Dec. and trying to see if I can do live podcast from the event via UStream but still working out the logistics but very hopeful that it can be pulled off. Ok just wanted to pop in and say hI oh well back to the mines. Hi ho hi ho it’s back to work I must go.
Joe

Things are starting to look up for my dd at FSU. She accepted a bid to pledge a coed service/volunteer oriented frat. She is an official pledge now and said she has already met so many nice people. She has been in school for 7 weeks and really had only made 2 friends. So I think this coed frat may open up many more doors for her. And in the long run...help to bring her out of her breakup depression. She and I chatted on the phone until 2 am last night and she was the happiest I have heard her sound since early August. Good feeling.......
PS horselover : Guess what service/volunteer project my dd signed up for for Oct 10 ?? They are volunteering to help at a rescue horse shelter ! She is very excited about it. Just wanted to share........

Maria

So glad things are starting to look up for your DD. How cool is her volunteer project! Hope she doesn't mind getting smelly! :laughing:

Thanks for popping in WDWRR_ENGINEER. A live podcast of the groupie meet sounds great.

Do you think with us staying for 8 nights in June that we would have any chance at being a Flag family?

What are the requirements to be Flag Family? DW & I are staying 3 nights @ VWL in Oct (flight leaves Akron in 24 days, 11hours, 52 minutes as I write this, but whose counting?;)) We don't have any kids (well, a cat and a dog, but most people don't count them despite the fact we do...) so I don't know if that makes us ineligible right off the bat.

Do you just ask when you check in?

TIA!

Hope she doesn't mind getting smelly!

Not at all horselover....at FL Tech she volunteered at the local animal shelter in Melbourne---cleaning cages and all. She's fine with that. Loves animals.

Maria

What are the requirements to be Flag Family? . . . . .

Just ask, and be enthusiastic! :yay:

Ask during the check-in process. They have a schedule that gets filled in upon request. I am aware of no requirements such as kids or Mickey Ears (but they can't hurt - see 1st comment).

Last stay at The Lodge we were able to secure the opportunity of Flag Family with Ranger Stan! It was an outstanding experience. We were four adults ranging from 27 to 77.

And, yes, we had our ears on. :banana:

Wow, what a wonderful way to start a tuesday!! Great news from my fellow groupies.

Joe wonderful to hear from you. I would love to hear a podcast. If I can't be there it would be the next best thing.

Horselover Tell the fabulous Mr. HL congrats and we're rooting for him. I see more sunny days ahead.

Maria Good news on the DD front. I too join a sorority while in college and some on my sorors have been my closets friends for the last 25 years.

Trivia time....

Grand Prix Raceway opened with the Magic Kingdom on October 1st 1971, sponsered by Goodyear, which also supplied all of the tires for the vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter