Bunk beds in HoJo's kid's suite

aussietravellers

who LOVE disney holidays!
I was going to post this on the hojo board, but after joining their board almost two weeks ago, I still can not log in as they have not activated my profile, I've even emailed them about it and not received a response :confused3 Not sure how long the activation process usually takes, I thought it would be relatively instant :confused3 (have tried to reregister too, but it says that my email address and username is already in use)

Anyway back to my question :rotfl:, The bunk beds in the kids suites, does anybody know if they are adult sized or are they kid sized? I know some hotels have bunks that are really just designed for younger kids. Would the bunks comfortably fit a 13 yr old boy or an average size adult or are they more designed for younger children (eg a 3 to 10 year old)?

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that they are twin-sized bunk beds...so if that is correct, they would definitely fit an adult....I have not been there yet though, so I cannot speak from experience, just readings. ;)

Haven't given it much thought. They look full-sized to me. My 12 year old is a little on the small side but fits in the bed comfortably with plenty of room to spare.

Our 15 year old son (who was 14 years old at the time of our last trip) who weighed around 175 lbs. and perhaps was 5' 7" in height then, did great on our last trip there, on the bottom bunk - I wouldn't have chanced him being on the top bunk without asking the hotel if they have weight restrictions, as it appears my son is more of an 'adult' weight/length, but that being said, the entire bunk bed from top to bottom did seem extremely sturdy, and was equally roomy as his twin bed at home. He loved it, it was very comfy.

It would be helpful to know if there are weight restrictions for the top bunk, so good luck, and you will get some answers soon I am sure. :goodvibes

I can confirm it is a full twin mattress indeed. Very comfortable for my kids.

THE KING BED in the adult room is SOOOOOOO nice I am scared I will not be able to leave it the next time we are there. They will have to scrape me from the bed, because I will want to lounge there all day. :lmao:

Thanks Honeybee1983, longtimedisneylurker and Jory29 sounds like they are ok. I will find out about the top bunk to be sure as wouldn't want it collapsing :scared1:

Jory29, I'm only 5'4", so your DS is taller than I :rotfl: My DS is as tall as I am (at 12) and his feet are two sizes bigger than mine, but by the time we go at the end of the year, he will be taller than I am, so thanks for that height guide :goodvibes

I think the bunk beds are plenty big enough. I was tired one night, so I got in the bottom bunk, and fell asleep. It was great because my brother and DH were partying in the other room, and I was worn out! I am 5 foot 4". The only thing I noticed about the bunk beds is that they are squeeky. When the kids first get in them and are moving around, they make a little noise, once they are asleep, there is no noise. We loved the Kids Suite and are making reservations again for one next time we go!

Midnightred

Hi AussieTravellers:

Sorry for the delay in your boards registration! We've been hit with an overwhelming amount of spam registrations.

The bunk beds were custom-made to easily handle the weight of a full size adult, and they have a regular size twin mattress.

Thanks Midnightred, that's really good to know.

Now just to decide wether to go with the kids suite or the Disney view :confused3 Decisions decisions :upsidedow

Thanks hojogm, that's exactly what I wanted to know and thanks for activating me too (or having me activated) :goodvibes

Thanks Midnightred, that's really good to know.

Now just to decide wether to go with the kids suite or the Disney view :confused3 Decisions decisions :upsidedow

Thanks hojogm, that's exactly what I wanted to know and thanks for activating me too (or having me activated) :goodvibes

We LOVE the kids suite. I assume your alternative is the disney view at HoJos? I would highly recommend the Kids suite- we were just there (1/26-29) and also stayed in November. I have stayed in a 2Q disney view. it's just not as special, and I actually had a tree blocking my view. Its more a view of the monorail than anything else substantial... The room we had with 2Q was kinda cramped and nothing special in terms of decorations.

ALSO, the freeway facing rooms such as the kids suites, have improved sound proofing. I couldn't hear the freeway noise at all, compared to nov when it was pretty bad.

The kids suite is just amazing in terms of the layout, decorations, amenities, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter