• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bumps, bruises, too many teenagers & swimming with sharks! NEW 11/17 pg. 32

Your life sounds a little similiar to mine!
There have been so many activities lately- especially DS11 who is also graduating from 5th gr.
We also have basesball and now all-stars to add to it, along with karate for DS15 and hockey too. It has been a crazy:eek: spring I can't wait for the last day of school- which isn't until Wed. I NEED a vacation!

Untitled-1.jpg

Way to go!!! :cheer2:

Untitled.jpg

He did "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" as a solo! :thumbsup2

Perfect for him! :thumbsup2

This week, we (luckily Tim was working from home that day) attended the Young Author's Tea in Zach's 2nd grade class. The teacher also presented each child with an award. Zach got the "Most Enthusiastic" student. ;)

a18674de.jpg

What a sweetheart!

Very nice villa!! Love all that room.:thumbsup2

Aw we love going to Seadogs games. We did not go to any last year. It is tough now as both the boys now work most weekends.

Looks like you have been really busy! Are you going to the Dover pool?? We used to have to get up that early for soccer. It was still dark out!!

Your life sounds a little similiar to mine!
There have been so many activities lately- especially DS11 who is also graduating from 5th gr.
We also have basesball and now all-stars to add to it, along with karate for DS15 and hockey too. It has been a crazy:eek: spring I can't wait for the last day of school- which isn't until Wed. I NEED a vacation!

Isn't it ridiculous how crazy things are at the end of the school year? :upsidedow

And now we are on our second weekday without school and the kids won't stop complaining about how bored they are! :mad:

Way to go!!! :cheer2:

Perfect for him! :thumbsup2

What a sweetheart!

Thanks MeMom!! :goodvibes

Very nice villa!! Love all that room.:thumbsup2

Aw we love going to Seadogs games. We did not go to any last year. It is tough now as both the boys now work most weekends.

Looks like you have been really busy! Are you going to the Dover pool?? We used to have to get up that early for soccer. It was still dark out!!

We really enjoy the space of the villas... except when I have to pick up after everyone! :rolleyes1

We go to a lot of Fisher Cats games but try to get in one or two Sea Dogs games. We had great seats right behind the third base dugout this time. :thumbsup2

Yes - we were up at the Dover pool. It was Alex's first outdoor swim meet. The weather wasn't so nice on Saturday but it was beautiful yesterday.

Luckily Alex swims in the afternoon at the next meet.

Amy, sorry I missed the last "family update" (my MIL is very ill and things have been crazy). Love the photos of the boys and at the ballpark (and congrats on the "elopement" of your brother).

Great pictures!!:goodvibes

Yay for Alex winning 4 gold medals!!:yay: And congrats on his 5th grade graduation!! Nick's 6th grade graduation is tomorrow. I can't believe how fast time goes.:sad2:

:woohoo: for Zack's "most enthusiastic award'!! So cute!!:)

Amy, sorry I missed the last "family update" (my MIL is very ill and things have been crazy). Love the photos of the boys and at the ballpark (and congrats on the "elopement" of your brother).

I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL Kathy! I'll definitely keep her & your family in my thoughts. :goodvibes

Great pictures!!:goodvibes

Yay for Alex winning 4 gold medals!!:yay: And congrats on his 5th grade graduation!! Nick's 6th grade graduation is tomorrow. I can't believe how fast time goes.:sad2:

:woohoo: for Zack's "most enthusiastic award'!! So cute!!:)

Thanks Angie! Time definitely flies by... I can't believe how quickly Alex's elementary school years went by!

Before we move on with Day 5, I want to go back to our swim time after we checked in at Vistana Villages. I pretty much just copied & pasted the post I wrote for the Vistana Villages thread and therefore left out a very important part (that nobody on that thread would have cared about).

After we checked in, we were looking down at the pool from our villa and spotted Heidi & her family! I texted her to see how much longer they would be there, then we headed down to meet up with them. It was fun to see them again & hang out for a little bit. I believe I also made my first purchase at the pool bar after spotting Heidi's yummy looking drink. :thumbsup2

Zach didn't have any pictures for Day 3 or Day 4 so that's why I haven't posted any of his updates recently... but don't worry, the camera came back out on Day 5 (which is a good thing since my memory stick filled up part way through the day).

On to Day 5, Monday, April 23.

After a good night’s sleep, we were headed to Animal Kingdom! It was actually a little chilly out this morning but the sun was shining (we didn’t see any more rain at this point). We didn’t quite make rope drop and we paid the price in the parking lot! It was crowded driving in. It was actually EMH prior to our arrival. I always try to avoid EMHs, especially when staying off-site but with our evening plans for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, we had less park time this morning so AK fit. After parking, we made our way into the park.
a9867b5c.jpg

e921c3c9.jpg

739f2ad4.jpg

I made everyone stop for a few Photopass Pictures:
6f59c235.jpg

b9fddfe4.jpg

75396ae9.jpg

bf3f4e65.jpg

74039881.jpg

76549b77.jpg

91a86b1e.jpg

Next we made our way to the safari. It was about 9:30.
56dfd052.jpg

ea39e43d.jpg

850be3a6.jpg

2fa9204b.jpg

d3c3e6fe.jpg

a39db331.jpg

8b4db382.jpg

Look at that tongue!
0fa6df1a.jpg

43e5064e.jpg

5ba38f17.jpg

aa9b5a9f.jpg

f82cb9ca.jpg

546bc64b.jpg

b2ddd02f.jpg

continued...

Continued...

A lion back:
eb4087ac.jpg

76099fe4.jpg

03bdf7ef.jpg

After the safari, we headed toward EE. It was crowded!
68c026d2.jpg

b7e5ef93.jpg

We ran into DiVine on our way!
7efa5a8d.jpg

ef103451.jpg

09956113.jpg

I took pictures on Expedition Everest this time! I love the view from up here:
ae9cec73.jpg

51cf1075.jpg

2a081efc.jpg

According to Mickey it was now 10:40:
2a560629.jpg

According to my receipt, we bought some stuff in the EE store at 10:34, before I took a picture of my watch. ;)
Tim & I each got a new t-shirt (which I can’t find pictures of right now & am too lazy to go take new ones) and I bought a drink for each of the boys.

I had wanted to walk the Maharajah Jungle Trek for a while now and today was finally the day!
a19c6dbf.jpg

453ccf3d.jpg

a631ee0f.jpg

84e2293f.jpg

e4b7bdd8.jpg

aac10121.jpg

d877f2bf.jpg

178e30bc.jpg

He’s way off in the distance:
8aeebc21.jpg

ce4e3c3e.jpg

Then my memory card was full… so I stole Zach’s camera from him! Next I’ll post Zach’s photo tour, which will include the rest of the pictures I took at AK that day.

Continued...

Here are Zach's pictures from the morning:
e0daf22a.jpg

02c3b00d.jpg

a4b10222.jpg

b496a0a2.jpg

6f91846c.jpg

b75f96d1.jpg

764a1b8c.jpg

9ef6b1c8.jpg

fc0291dd.jpg

ff79cf11.jpg

7e66ae5a.jpg

9e40ce0e.jpg

2f195b9b.jpg

1801f64f.jpg

afe5e545.jpg

62ba4d2e.jpg

6f6da428.jpg

ba2d1525.jpg

731e4d20.jpg

2587b1ac.jpg

056e77ad.jpg

8e44bce4.jpg

79e539ea.jpg

6bdf81d8.jpg

3db3b769.jpg

There were a lot more giraffe pictures but I'll just post a few...

Continued...

2f42ddaa.jpg

75736b06.jpg

bbd0d037.jpg

7c551c63.jpg

e6894872.jpg

7d98e9d1.jpg

61ef159f.jpg

dae7ef9c.jpg

6807865f.jpg

57d4d47a.jpg

65426975.jpg

535e1c35.jpg

920c4470.jpg

fd460e58.jpg

dff3ad83.jpg

ab4ddb5d.jpg

48a4a91b.jpg

d4652aae.jpg

This bird totally freaked Alex out:
6c111e01.jpg

720b82c6.jpg

f032ea01.jpg

bf04ced0.jpg

And this is where my memory stick died & I stole Zach's camera. ;)

I'm going to finish up the AK portion of this day & save the HDDR for the next update... I had more pictures than I thought.

After the Jungle Trek, we decided to get an early lunch. We like to stop at Yak & Yeti for Tim to grab some lunch, then we head to Flame Tree for the rest of us. I took the boys with me & we left Tim to get his food, then find us a table. This is one of our favorite CS meals at all of Disney!

After lunch we headed to Dinoland.
a5f9c521.jpg

3d46d8e8.jpg

We went straight to Dinosaur and rode twice.
bd2c80a5.jpg

b0a7bd80.jpg

3563bd2b.jpg

Zach was studying dinosaurs at school & wanted these pictures to share with his class.
5e3fc02a.jpg

a6b16e6c.jpg

Then it was time for my least favorite ride, Primeval Whirl.
06e49ae3.jpg

Luckily my neck survived because next up was another visit with the Yeti! I guess I put the camera away before we got on Primeval Whirl because there aren't any more pictures on Zach's camera for that day. :confused3

Our traditional last ride at AK is Kali River Rapids. We like to leave after getting all wet! However it was chilly today, so we opted to skip it and save it for later in the week when the weather looked like it would be warmer.

Up next: Chillin' at the resort & dinner at HDDR.

Great AK day ! It's my favorite park. :thumbsup2

My son, Jayden loves the giraffes and we always seem to have a ton of giraffe pics. ::yes::

Looking forward to your next update ! :cool1:

Very often, you can only see sleeping tigers on the trail. I'm glad you got to see some action. :thumbsup2

Great pictures! Both you and Zach! :thumbsup2

I have eaten at Flame Tree but never Yak & Yeti. What does Tim like to eat there? I've always wanted to try it!

I love Dinosaur. It has to be my favorite ride ever in AK. Kali is fun too and we also always save it for the end of the day.

It's so great that you and Heidi live close enough to see one another. I need a DISer close to me :thumbsup2.

Looks like you had a great AK day. I just love seeing Zach's pictures, it is so great to see what he thinks is worthy of photographing. It is good you had both cameras with you.

I can't wait to see your Hoop pictures, Bill and I had a fun time when we went. I am really loving your trip report :goodvibes.

You and Zach got some really great safari pictures!:thumbsup2

Love the view from EE but I'm always too afraid to pull out my camera. I'll have to make a point next time!!:)

Can't wait to hear what you thought about the HDDR!!

Great safari pictures by both you and Zach. :goodvibes

Flame Tree was our favorite QS too, can't wait to read about your Hoop review

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter