Bumming -No Room For Me!

pavicich

Mouseketeer
Our AP expires at Xmas. Was not planning on squeezing another trip in but then found great Southwest deals around Thanksgiving that I wasn't expecting. Have been trying like a maniac over the last two weeks for the miracle-will take any studio or 1BR and nothing except a random Sat night at SSR.

We always plan everything well in advance so DVC works for us usually-including snagging GFV and VGC at spring break. Just is a total bummer that our luck ran out the only time we tried inside 3 months due to a good flight deal. Now I feel the sting many have expressed!

Yes, that is a bummer.

Since you have a paid for ticket and a good deal on air, could you swing a cash stay? If you could swing a cash stay, you could book the air and then waitlist / keep checking the website. Maybe at least some of the nights you need will become available.

Good luck!

Thanks Carol! I didn't purchase the air yet-and don't want to do a cash stay. I will just keep checking and hope the stars somehow align. It would have been such a gift if it had!

Unfortunately, there are probably people ahead of you already on the waitlist which puts another damper on planning a last minute trip around a holiday.

Did you waitlist? And just keep checking.

I happened to glance at Thanksgiving week a couple of days ago and at the time there was a 1BR at SSR open for the whole week. Within an hour only one night was still available but people do change their plans.

Don't just depend on the wait list. Check the website frequently. I was able to pull a trip together for the second week of November last year by stalking the website for 4 of the 5 nights and then got the last night by waitlist. BWV Studio pool/garden.

Would you consider a moderate resort through the Disney Collection? There is a $95 fee but the points are not too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter