Bummer I can't do online check in

WDWMom

DIS Veteran
I've been trying for 2 days to do online check in. Today I called the number listed to find out why. I was worried that there was something wrong with our ressie :scared1: But there wasn't :worship:

I was told because we have a 2 bdrm for 8 nights and then a studio the 9th, we couldn't do online. I really couldn't understand the gentleman accent, but I think it has to do with one ressie number and we are more than 10 days out from our studio.

While I understand the problem, I am bummed because it is one thing I can do from home and we are very excited to be leaving for vacation. He did say they thought they would have the problem taken care of by the end of April. While we don't normally do a split stay like this we did 2 years ago and last year. I was able to do online check in then. I'm guess the ressies were different numbers for those 2 trips.

Oh well, maybe I can try again just before we leave and are ten days out from our studio.

I've used online check in many times, but could not do it in January. I had a linked reservation and a partial ddp for one day. I assumed that this is what caused the problem. Even though we didn't use online checkin, I got all of my request, which I never get anymore when doing the online checkin. Go figure.

I normally do online check-in but I could not two weeks ago. I had two rooms at two different resorts all under one "reservation number". I tried up until the day I left with no luck.

For our upcoming trip, I have 3 different bookings all under the same number. Guess that means I might not be able to do online check in. We're staying from Sunday to Saturday but I paid cash for Monday because a villa wasn't available.

Aw man, another issue for me with the same reservation number. I knew I wouldn't like it!

I can't say I like it either :confused3

For our upcoming trip, I have 3 different bookings all under the same number. Guess that means I might not be able to do online check in. We're staying from Sunday to Saturday but I paid cash for Monday because a villa wasn't available.

You probably won't unless it is after April and they get it worked out.

Our reservations are Easter Week. Maybe the glitches will be fixed by then.

IMO online check in doesn't buy you much and I am starting to think that it may hurt your room requests.

:earsboy: Bill

I've never used online check-in, I don't see what's so great about it. I've never had a line when checking in at BWV and from what I've heard, it doesn't make a difference regarding getting requests. So what's the big deal?

I've never used online check-in, I don't see what's so great about it. I've never had a line when checking in at BWV and from what I've heard, it doesn't make a difference regarding getting requests. So what's the big deal?

You're very lucky. We've had to wait until 6pm 2x for a call to check in at BWV.

I am guessing this new travel plan thing that can accommodate multiple reservations is causing many computer problems. I have a situation not even related to online check-in. You check-in at the front desk, and they could not locate your reservation from your last name. It is because the whole travel plan is under a child (ok, she is 18, we think of her as a child, but the Disney system registers her as an adult)'s last name in one of the 3 rooms in the travel plan. Front desk ended up having to rebook the entire travel plan into 3 separate reservations.

I am guessing this new travel plan thing that can accommodate multiple reservations is causing many computer problems. I have a situation not even related to online check-in. You check-in at the front desk, and they could not locate your reservation from your last name. It is because the whole travel plan is under a child (ok, she is 18, we think of her as a child, but the Disney system registers her as an adult)'s last name in one of the 3 rooms in the travel plan. Front desk ended up having to rebook the entire travel plan into 3 separate reservations.

It's even worse if the rooms are at different resorts. Last month my wife had a "girls weekend" and had a room at AKL with her mother and daughter. I went along at stayed at BWV. They had sent a package down (to AKL) containing some consumables. As soon as I checked in at BWV is was told I had a package waiting. They CM at the front desk said that it is very confusing since everything is all under one number. The only good thing about this is that the statement of room charges that I received showed activity for both rooms.

As of today, May 1, 2011, the online check-in glitch still isn't fixed. We have a split stay under one reservation number, checking in 10 days from now, and I just tried online check-in and it's a no go.

You're very lucky. We've had to wait until 6pm 2x for a call to check in at BWV.

Our last BWV stay was in March and we never got the call, and even at 6:15 our room wasn't ready. What's with BWV? On line checkin didn't help us then, and I had no requests, it was only a 1 night stay.

No success with on-line check-in for us either. I've tried multiple times from different computers. Guess we'll just stand in line with everyone else on Thursday.

If you were waiting for the call from the desk that your room was ready you waited to long.
WE always call the number every hour to check on room. They sometimes don't call right away and it could be hours after your room was ready.
Last yr we knew what fl we were on and went up to see if they were doing rooms BWV. There were no HK'ers. on that floor. I called again and wow the room was ready and guess what, our bags beat us to our room. How the bags got passed us sitting by the elevator I don't know, the room must have been ready eariler when they said it wasn't and they took our bags up then.

don't wait for them to call you, you call them:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter