Bummed :(

jessp1021

*Dreamin of Disney*
I am totally bummed right now.. I just got an email from the manager at Coral Reef stating they weren't able to secure a diver for our lunch next week:sad2: .. it really sucks.. we are celebrating our anni and he would have been so surprised.. oh well I guess it's the thought that counts..:guilty:

:goodvibes I am sorry. Imagine what happened to us.....not only did the manager email several times securing the menu and sign, she did not follow thru! :mad: Not only did they lose our ressie there was no sign of the diver or special menu. I still haven't heard back from her. :rolleyes:

Did they give you a reason why or try to make it up to either of you? I wonder if that happens a lot there or anywhere else? That is horrible. :headache:

Did they give you a reason why or try to make it up to either of you? I wonder if that happens a lot there or anywhere else? That is horrible. :headache:

Debbie from the Coral Reef never responded to my emails once we got home. The manager who was their during our trip did get us a table within about 15 minutes facing the tank. He was going to buy us dessert but my guess is that he knew we were on the DDP. ;)

Now I'm worried! I tried to email her and it bounced back-undeliverable! I am going to call her tomorrow, but I am starting to think it's not looking good. Could you please send me the email you used? I wanted to have it for my DH 33 Bday.

I emailed my information and I also left a message on Debbi's voicemail. I sent an email 2 days ago to verify that she got my pictures for the menu because I hadn't heard back from them, and was told that my menus have been printed and are waiting for us. I hope it all goes well! We, too, were unable to get a diver. I was pretty bummed because we are celebrating our anniversary, DH husbands BD and DD's birthday - it would have been soooo cool! Maybe next time! Now that I know about this wonderful service, I'll book earlier in advance next time!

Good luck with the menus. I did the menu for my husband and in laws for our trip last year. I sent pictures 3 weeks ahead and called to verify everything twice before I left, My husband check in so I couldn't ask again after a VERY long 65 minute wait to be seated I asked about the menues and was given a blank look of yes it does say printed menus but I don't see them. In the end they printed them up and we did get them but was seated the third level with the rudest waiter. The wait was because we had a large party of 8. 2 Larger parties showed up after us and were seated in front of the tank before us. This ruined the surprise of the menus and was very sorry we picked to eat here. We picked 5:30pm and arrived 15 mnutes early. Not leaving Coral Reef until 8:00pm is too much for a 6,5,3 and 1 year old. This was the only place tha took so long.

This is a wonderful FREE service the Coral Reef does but I bet in another 6 months they will not be doing it at all or will be charging. You do not have a complaint for something FREE but once they charge for this service they will have to make sure people that book it - get it.

I talked to her last week and she said basically all of sept was booked for the diver signs. I did e-mail her pictures and she responded the very next day. She did suggest I zip my pictures and put them in different e-mails because her system kicked them out if they were too big.

I did 3 e-mails and labeled them 1 of 3, 2 of 3 etc.

Hope this helps someone

At 180+ days out I booked our Coral Reef ADR and then my DH contacted Deb to order a diver, cake, and menus (as the ADR was intentionally made on my birthday). Everything was set! :thumbsup2 Debi was wonderful!

We ended up having to cut our trip (beginning) short by 5 nights, thus having to cancel our ADR/diver/ect for 9/16 (we cancelled this at 46 days out). :sad1:

We were blessed/"gifted" with an ADR on 9/23 from another wonderful Disboard member, which ironically is our Anniversary. At 45 days out I attempted to get a diver and personalized menu for DH to celebrate on that date. I was told then that ALL diver's were booked solid during September :sad1: but that I could still get a personalized menu.

Debi has always been wonderful in answering correspondance with us, we have left both voicemails and emails. If you leave a voicemail that includes your email address she may get back with you via email (at least she did so with us).

I am going to send pictures in for DH's anniversary menu surprise and hope that it is remembered! :goodvibes If it does not get done, I will be disappointed but not complain, as it is free and I am amazed that CR/WDW still provides these services! We are looking forward to eating at CR as we have never been (our last trip was our first WDW trip and we could not get CR ADR's even at almost 4 months out and trying repeatedly).

I hope everyone going has a wonderful trip and many "yummy" meals!:goodvibes

IMHO Free or not if you were told some kind of service was to happen and it didn't then you have every right to be upset. You were excited and expected it to happen. What if you got to the park during the free extra magic hours and they forgot to open the park? What if you got to the air port for the free Magical Express and they forgot to pick you up? Right now in YOMD Disney is all about making dreams come true. Maybe you could right a letter to customer service.

IMHO Free or not if you were told some kind of service was to happen and it didn't then you have every right to be upset. You were excited and expected it to happen. What if you got to the park during the free extra magic hours and they forgot to open the park? What if you got to the air port for the free Magical Express and they forgot to pick you up? Right now in YOMD Disney is all about making dreams come true. Maybe you could right a letter to customer service.

True, I agree but we are all is human and mistakes are made.
Not to say that makes it right, just saying it happens.

When my sister requested this for my husband and my birthday last year, she was told that the request was recorded but they don't guarentee anything. That it depends on whether there is a diver scheduled to be in the tank when we were having dinner

They did have the diver hold up a sign for us..which was great. but the way my sister described it..it wasn't a sure thing that she could of counted on :confused3

jewelshouse: I totally understand and agree that mistakes happen, but what makes up for a mistake is how it is handled. I always say that the only thing service industries have left is customer service. Retayenta was offered dessert even though they were on the dining plan. I have heard so many wonderfull stories from Disney that is makes me wonder why an alternative choice wasn't offered. A fastpass or a pin perhaps. These little things make up for much. I was just respectfully disagreeing with the below quote.

goofyrhodie
This is a wonderful FREE service the Coral Reef does but I bet in another 6 months they will not be doing it at all or will be charging. You do not have a complaint for something FREE but once they charge for this service they will have to make sure people that book it - get it.

we actually booked this ressie several months out but then again they do say that they can't give you a defin answer until that date.. I would have been more than happy to pay for it! Hopefully they don't mess up on the menus.. that would really suck..

At 180+ days out I booked our Coral Reef ADR and then my DH contacted Deb to order a diver, cake, and menus (as the ADR was intentionally made on my birthday). Everything was set! :thumbsup2 Debi was wonderful!

We ended up having to cut our trip (beginning) short by 5 nights, thus having to cancel our ADR/diver/ect for 9/16 (we cancelled this at 46 days out). :sad1:

We were blessed/"gifted" with an ADR on 9/23 from another wonderful Disboard member, which ironically is our Anniversary. At 45 days out I attempted to get a diver and personalized menu for DH to celebrate on that date. I was told then that ALL diver's were booked solid during September :sad1: but that I could still get a personalized menu.

Debi has always been wonderful in answering correspondance with us, we have left both voicemails and emails. If you leave a voicemail that includes your email address she may get back with you via email (at least she did so with us).

I am going to send pictures in for DH's anniversary menu surprise and hope that it is remembered! :goodvibes If it does not get done, I will be disappointed but not complain, as it is free and I am amazed that CR/WDW still provides these services! We are looking forward to eating at CR as we have never been (our last trip was our first WDW trip and we could not get CR ADR's even at almost 4 months out and trying repeatedly).

I hope everyone going has a wonderful trip and many "yummy" meals!:goodvibes

Can I get Deb's email and number I would really like to do that for my DH bday! He would flip out, totally fish nerd!!! LOL :fish:

When my sister requested this for my husband and my birthday last year, she was told that the request was recorded but they don't guarentee anything. That it depends on whether there is a diver scheduled to be in the tank when we were having dinner

They did have the diver hold up a sign for us..which was great. but the way my sister described it..it wasn't a sure thing that she could of counted on :confused3

Right.. it's not a sure thing. We had a diver/sign set up for our anniversary (unbeknownst to DH!) and they goofed on the diver. The manager apologized, but things got mixed up and they didn't have a diver for us. The personalized menu was really nice, though, and it was one of our favorite meals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter