Bummed - No Universal for us, it's too much $

ThisIsTheYear

DIS Veteran
$422 for 2 adults, a 7 year-old and a baby is way too much for us. That doesn't even include lunch. I suppose there's no coupons around?
I can't imagine paying that for one day especially since Disney told me for an extra park day it would be $10 a ticket. Maybe next time.
:(

I am looking too as well. We want to add a day at IOA to see HP for Spring Break but finding the cost being too high. Checked AAA and Costco but everything is for 3 days or more. Oh well....Good luck!
Elizabeth:thumbsup2

Yup, one day tickets are pricey no matter which park you are going to whether it be at WDW, Universal, or SeaWorld.

ONE day tickets are rarely if ever discounted and that goes for Disney as well..Universal is no different, the longer you stay the cheaper it becomes.

I am looking too as well. We want to add a day at IOA to see HP for Spring Break but finding the cost being too high. Checked AAA and Costco but everything is for 3 days or more. Oh well....Good luck!
Elizabeth:thumbsup2

Thanks! I don't mind the admission, it's the transportation the getting us. Booooo

ONE day tickets are rarely if ever discounted and that goes for Disney as well..Universal is no different, the longer you stay the cheaper it becomes.
Yup...and that will not be changing anytime in the near future. If you try to go for one day, better bring a loan application with you.

Have you looked at this? It is a ticket with transfer.

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/#rt

Looks like they have jumped the price. Used to be that transportation was basically free.

Yes, that's where I got that figure from. 2 adults, 1 child and round trip transfer =$421.56. :sad2: I don't even need 2 park access, but that seemed like the best deal.
Single Park = $281.25 + $54 (19 per adult, 16 for one child). Is there tax? That total would be $335.25. Well, I guess that's a little better.

Just like WDW, single day tix are very expensive and get cheaper the more days you buy. We're doing this opposite this trip: just US with *maybe* one Disney day (I don't know if I can stand a vacay so close with no Disney fireworks!)

I can't imagine paying that for one day especially since Disney told me for an extra park day it would be $10 a ticket.

Well, you have to remember that that's an extra day once you've already paid that premium for the first two or three days of the ticket!

At Universal once you've paid the first two days, going up in days isn't all that much, and going to an AP isn't very much more. It's just that a one day ticket is ALWAYS going to have a sticker shock involved.

We had a Universal-only stay last February, and even though the money was available for a one-day visit to Epcot (and we had stayed that first night at the Boardwalk before moving over to Portofino Bay), I just couldn't do it. ONE day at a park, ANY park, can just feel far too expensive.

For the last couple of years, we have gone in the middle of our WDW trip to USO for a one night stay at one of the US onsite hotels. That gets you 2 full days of FOTL and we always have a blast. BUT, we may forego that this year. As much as I love Universal, the cost of one night at the hotel and two 2 day park to park tickets are so pricey. We would be better off just having a separate vacation to Universal only . . . but then airfare gets you.

Why can't I be anonymously wealthy. :(

do what i do.
make it a split vacation.
one part at the motherland resort and the rest at the darkside resort.

only pay for one rt plane fare then.

We always try to have a car so it's no big deal to get around. However we also plan to spend several days in both Universal and WDW so we buy double passes. It does get expensive!

We are strongly considering adding Universal to our next Disney trip (we want to see Harry Potter world, and with all the concern about FP+, we like the idea of free Universal Express with a hotel stay). If we decide to take two days to visit US, it will be cheaper for us to book a night at the RPR and give up a night at the Boardwalk (CL)--even with transfers we come out ahead. But adding on a new, two-day ticket is the killer. It's about $1000 total more to add Universal for our entire party of 10 (or about $100 a person). At this point the idea appeals to me because we'll be able to use unlimited express during two of the busiest days of the year (not an ideal time to go from a crowds point of view, but sometimes you have to work with what you've got!).

We are strongly considering adding Universal to our next Disney trip (we want to see Harry Potter world, and with all the concern about FP+, we like the idea of free Universal Express with a hotel stay). If we decide to take two days to visit US, it will be cheaper for us to book a night at the RPR and give up a night at the Boardwalk (CL)--even with transfers we come out ahead. But adding on a new, two-day ticket is the killer. It's about $1000 total more to add Universal for our entire party of 10 (or about $100 a person). At this point the idea appeals to me because we'll be able to use unlimited express during two of the busiest days of the year (not an ideal time to go from a crowds point of view, but sometimes you have to work with what you've got!).

2 onsite rooms and 10 tickets is a lot of money..........

2 onsite rooms and 10 tickets is a lot of money..........

With the ten of us, anything is a lot of money.... but it is nice to have some sense of how much things cost. It's easier to say yes, this is, or no, this isn't worth spending the money with a number.

Just like WDW, single day tix are very expensive and get cheaper the more days you buy. We're doing this opposite this trip: just US with *maybe* one Disney day (I don't know if I can stand a vacay so close with no Disney fireworks!)

You can see Disney fireworks without being in the park. Wishes is visible from TTC, Poly beach, and Contemporary balcony (and the music is piped in at all of them), plus you can watch Illuminations from the bridge between Boardwalk and the World Showcase entrance into Epcot.

I do all of these on a monthly basis with friends who haven't saved up for their annual passes yet.

We always try to have a car so it's no big deal to get around. However we also plan to spend several days in both Universal and WDW so we buy double passes. It does get expensive!

That's what we're doing in May. I have APs for both WDW and Universal, but will be buying an 8 day WDW MYW ticket and a buy 2 days, get 1 day free ticket for Universal for my mom. I'll have a rental car and with my APs will get free parking at both Universal and WDW. We're staying offsite (sortof) at Bonnet Creek, where we found a fantastic deal for a one bedroom villa. Between the cheap villa, free parking at both parks, and eating most dinners off site, it helps the expense.

This past Oct/Nov we stayed offsite at Westgate Town Center, (just one mile from the WDW gates---about five minutes to AK). Then the last night stayed at RPR over at Universal and got front of the line pass for two days. It was well worth it.

ThisIsTheYear said:
$422 for 2 adults, a 7 year-old and a baby is way too much for us. That doesn't even include lunch. I suppose there's no coupons around?
I can't imagine paying that for one day especially since Disney told me for an extra park day it would be $10 a ticket. Maybe next time.
:(

I feel your pain... I bought 2 day, single park tix for my family during our trip last October... 4 adult and 2 child...$750 plus food/ drink and trinkets total cost a cool G...

Our December 2011 side trip to US/IOA

Park to park tickets for 5 for 1 day $600

One night at RP for FOTL and EE to HP $350

Spending the day with my family in Hogsmeade: Priceless!

Yes, it was worth every penny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts