• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bummed about my itinerary... any suggestions

tigereye

Mouseketeer
Ok, I'm 2 weeks out from my trip, and I'm bummed about my itinerary. Specifically the last day is giving me fits. I was hoping everything would just kind of fall into place and feel right, but it hasn't yet. :sad1:

The problem is that our last day is a Monday, so all of the parks have early closings. The only thing going late would be MNSSHP, but we've got a 6:30 ADR at Ohana, and I'd hate to give it up because it was a specific request, and, of course, there are no other Ohana ADRs to be had at this point.

Looking for suggestions we can do that night to hold onto the magic a little longer... It's bad enough that we've got to leave the MK that day by 5:30 to get to our ressie, I'd hate to think that was the end of the trip after that.

Any thoughts appreciated...

Mike

Go to MK at 4pm with your MNSSHP ticket and spend some time there. Then take the monorail over to O'hana's for dinner. Then return to the MK for the parades and candy and such. O'hana's shouldn't take more than an hour or so.

Go to MK at 4pm with your MNSSHP ticket and spend some time there. Then take the monorail over to O'hana's for dinner. Then return to the MK for the parades and candy and such. O'hana's shouldn't take more than an hour or so.

This was what I was thinking.

Ohana is a great way to end the trip. But is Epcot still open? You could go there. Or do a late night haunted carriage ride at Wilderness Lodge. We just booked ours for less than 2 weeks away. Downtown Disney would be cool too. Sounds like we're there about the same time. We didn't decide to go until last min. so have had a difficult time getting ADRs, but not too worried, it will be fun!

I missed the part about you being at MK already.

Here is what I would do. I would go to another park or MK in the morning. I would stay a while and if you are staying on property I would go back to the resort and swim or nap or whatever. Then I would go back to or go to the MK in the afternoon and get geared up for MNSSHP. I would then go to my ressie around 5:50. It won't take long at all to get to Poly on the monorail. Have a relaxing dinner and then head back to MK until MNSSHP is over.

pretty sure the op doesn't have MNSSHP tickets... have hopper and water park tickets? perhaps disney queset i believe that is open quite late.

Hi:

I would consider freelancing the last day. Leaving it open gives you a backup day in case you get rained out one day or wish you had some more time do go back to a specific park.

Have a Great Trip,

Mark

I will offer another vote for Disneyquest. I think it would be great for the ages your kids are. I'm pretty sure it is open late. Then you could maybe do some last minute shopping at World of Disney and have a hot fudge sundae at Ghirradelli's:cloud9:

What about seeing if you can get a disney pirate and pals firework cruise, you leave from comtemporary so you would not need park tickets, if the fireworks are around 9:30 for the MNSSHP you would have to be at the contemporary around 8:15 which should give you enough time to eat that might make a special end to your disney trip.

pretty sure the op doesn't have MNSSHP tickets... have hopper and water park tickets? perhaps disney queset i believe that is open quite late.

Nope, don't have MNSSHP tickets yet. Wasn't sure with the 6:30 ohana dinner if we'd be missing too much. I didn't think about the 4:00 entry, though. We don't have hoppers or water park tickets, either. I've thought about Disney Quest, but am thinking that will be earlier in the week on our AK day since the only thing the kids want to do there is ride Kali... :rolleyes:

I'm planning that whole day as kind of freeform. We don't have any specific plans in the morning, so we'll hit whatever park the kids want to. (Although I suppose using MK in my first post kinda shows where I'm leaning, though... :rolleyes1)

Love the great suggestions so far. Especially the stuff I hadn't even thought about... fireworks cruise... wishes at the Poly... haunted carriage ride... time to go dis-ing to get more info about those.. :)

Mike

Nope, don't have MNSSHP tickets yet. Wasn't sure with the 6:30 ohana dinner if we'd be missing too much. I didn't think about the 4:00 entry, though. We don't have hoppers or water park tickets, either. I've thought about Disney Quest, but am thinking that will be earlier in the week on our AK day since the only thing the kids want to do there is ride Kali... :rolleyes:

I'm planning that whole day as kind of freeform. We don't have any specific plans in the morning, so we'll hit whatever park the kids want to. (Although I suppose using MK in my first post kinda shows where I'm leaning, though... :rolleyes1)

Love the great suggestions so far. Especially the stuff I hadn't even thought about... fireworks cruise... wishes at the Poly... haunted carriage ride... time to go dis-ing to get more info about those.. :)

Mike

I would take a chance, and check in at Ohana early (like 4:45/5) and see if they can seat you earlier (there may be an outside chance). Then grab some of the MNSSHP tickets (it's worth going!)

IF you can't get into Ohana early, I'd watch wishes from the beach, after your meal, and then head over to DTD for some retail therapy... (but that's me..LOL!)

I also think that you should free form the beginning part of the day, go to MK at 4:00pm, go to Ohana and then back for MNSSHP. It'll still be worth it. You'll probably be in MK by 8:00pm and at that point, the night is still young!

we always leave the last day open.that way if you missed something or just want to do something again you can.that way to can take your time and soak it all in one last time.

The World of Disney store at DTD might do it. I take photos with the skeletons in there and the music and souvenirs are great. Then you can grab anything you may have been waiting to buy
If there is Wishes, you can watch it from a neighboring resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter