• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Build your own trash can drum set?

mommym

Mouseketeer
Hey there-if anyone knows the answer to this it's you folks-I envy you all for your resourcefullness. :cheer2: My son turns 9 soon and wants a drum set for his birthday-gasp:scared1: I don't want to spend big $$$$ but don't want to buy junk either. I had a brainstorm-why not combine his love of drums with his love of the Jamminators at Epcot (the garbage can drum set guys) I am really surprised I cannot find more info of the web on how to build one of these sets. I know the set includes large metal garbage cans, plastic pails, plungers (I think for the legs???) and even flyswatters for different drum sticks. I'd love any pictures, suggestions or instructions you may be able to pass along! Thanks! Leslie

I don't have any help with the drum set, but I can tell you what we did for my son. He is 8, and also wanted a drum set. My brother and nephew both play. They suggested a set of bongos, a drum pad, and two months of lessons. If he was then still interested, move onto a snare drum, and continue lessons. then figure it out!

We are up to the snare, and he loves the bongos! since he is taking the lessons, he isn't just making noise, as he would if he'd been given the whole set at once. Too many options!

thanks so much to all of you for your ideas-flying babyb-that website looks awesome and I am heading there now to check it out more in-depth. You guys are awesome-I need to come here more often! Leslie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter