Build your own Lightsaber

suswa

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone has a ball park figure on the create your own lightsaber cost. My daughter is very keen in doing it and would like to know how much she should save. Pictures welcome!

My husband did one in December and I think it was around $25. That might even be a little high.

Ooo, where do you do this? I haven't been to Disney in 7 years so I'm unfamiliar with this but it sounds like something my boys would LOVE.

I would suggest Once Upon a Child at DD over Tatoonie Traders because she should have a bit more time and elbow room to select pieces and build. Tatoonie Traders can become very crowded as kids (and not so little kids!) exit out of the ride and start to crowd around. I also think the staff at Once Upon a Child has more time to help assemble if you get stuck and need advice. If I recall from a year or so ago, Once Upon a Child may also have had more pieces and selection. Enjoy!

It may have been as high as $35 for a double bladed one.

Still, great price for the quality when compared to the ones you can buy in stores.

You can build one at MK in Tomorrowland. It's the store that you exit Stitch's Great Escape, I think it's called Mickey's Star Traders. We just got one there in June. It was quite chaotic, but the kids had fun! I think it was $22-$25 for a single blade.

I highly recommend it. Not only did my boys have a great time choosing and assembling the pieces, it's good value for the money. We've had ours since 2011, and they've held up well over numerous Jedi vs. Sith battles. ;)

I highly recommend it. Not only did my boys have a great time choosing and assembling the pieces, it's good value for the money. We've had ours since 2011, and they've held up well over numerous Jedi vs. Sith battles. ;)

Music to my ears! :darth: So glad to hear that they have withstood the test of time, and that there are so many places you can do it. She will love it I am sure, and was happy to hear it wouldn't eat her whole budget.

Last edited:
We just got back. My son wanted a double but at star tours it was 40 for the double and 20 something for a single. The store in MK in tomorrowland was 25 for double!

I'm not sure if there is a difference but he is as happy as can be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter