Build your own Lightsaber t DHS or DTD

DisneyFirstTimer10

DIS Veteran
I heard that you could make your own lightsaber at DHS and possibly DTD (Where in DTD?) Does anyone know how much it costs approximately? My DS would LOVE to do this!

I heard that you could make your own lightsaber at DHS and possibly DTD (Where in DTD?) Does anyone know how much it costs approximately? My DS would LOVE to do this!

Wow, really testing the memory here...

I will confirm 100% you can make them at DTD.

I will go with 75% that it was at the Lego store.

And I want to also say with 75% certainty, they were $19.95.

In DHS, there is a store right by Star Tours - it costs around $20.00 I believe in DTD it is in the World of Disney store, but not positive. If he is a Star Wars fan, are you aware of Jedi Academy at DHS?

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR

Ugh I am hoping and praying to get him into Jedi Academy BUT we are going during Star Wars Weekend and I heard its crazy crowded. I am hoping to bribe him with his own lightsaber if he doesnt get to do Jedi Academy. I really don't want to wait in line forever for Jedi Academy- we will see!

Thank you all for the info

We just picked up 4 custom light sabers from the Star Tours store in DHS. A single is $19.95 and a double is $22.95. On the double, only one side lights up.

I just posted some info on my son's experience with the Jedi Academy. If you're interested, just follow the post link under my name. Have fun!

Build your own light saber is in the Star Tours gift shop (Tatooine Traders) at DHS as well as Once Upon a Toy store at DTD. Don't have any idea on the cost. I find that Once Upon a Toy is typically pretty deserted for whatever reason. If you find the crowds unbearable at Tatooine Traders you can make one at Once Upon a Toy instead. I've never known Disney to modify the price by location so I would venture to say they are the same price regardles. I also seem to recall that the station at Once Upon a Toy seemed larger. Not sure if it had more selection or just double the volume.

Have Fun!

We got ours at once upon a toy at DTD. Pretty sure it was almost $20. We got it 2 years ago but I think they are the same price. Ours is clear but now the sabre is a color.

We went to the store next to Star Tours and I don't remember seeing where you could make your own light saber. But we went to DTD - Once Upon a Toy or one of the Toy Stores (not Legos) - and there was a cool Kiosk set up in the middle for people to make the light sabers.

Make sure you have someone mechanically inclined because the instructions are only "so so". My husband had to really think a second before figuring it out - and he's usually an "instructions" guy.....I'm not...so if I had to make one of these by myself - we'd still be there. :confused3

We got one regular light saber and two-sided (which isn't easy to transport either btw).

Last December they had a CM posted at the Tatooine Traders (DHS) store helping the kids make their lightsabres behind a rope. It's a small display - would be easy to miss if you didn't know what you were looking for.

We made them at Once Upon a Toy at DTD instead because we didn't want to have to haul them around DHS all day and knew our kids couldn't wait to have them delivered to the resort the following day. The display there was at least twice as long and double-sided so more people could work at the same time.

As PP have said, cost for single-swords was $20.

Have a great time at Star Wars Weekend!

thank you everyone!

Last question- do the lightsabers fold into themselves? Will it be a complete pain to pack it in our suitcase to check at the airport?

thank you everyone!

Last question- do the lightsabers fold into themselves? Will it be a complete pain to pack it in our suitcase to check at the airport?

Yes, they do fold down a bit, but not as much as the premade ones. At least one section will be sticking out. The double-sided ones can be broken down into 2 pieces.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter