Build your own light sabre

debbiebee

Mouseketeer
hi - anyone got any info about the build your own light sabre - there seems to be so many fab things for ds to do so looking for cool boyish things for ds. How much is it to do this and has anyone got any piccies? thanks loads xxx

I watched 2 boys do this at Tatoine Traders. The CM that helped them was great. He was entertaining, helpful, and made the experience a lot of fun. I believe the cost is $20 each. I saw the boys 2 other times during the day, and they were still buzzing about their light sabers.

I watched 2 boys do this at Tatoine Traders. The CM that helped them was great. He was entertaining, helpful, and made the experience a lot of fun. I believe the cost is $20 each. I saw the boys 2 other times during the day, and they were still buzzing about their light sabers.

thanks - sounds fab!! is tatoine traders in DTD? thanks x

Yea you can do it at DHS and DTD. Me and DS6(he was 4+5 at the time) have done it twice. Its is so much fun!! i think my face lights up just a much as his does!! We now have 3 light sabres and and 1 double sided light sabre. the fisrst pair we got in Sept07 and then the next pair Oct08. He still plays with them everyday!!! its so cool for him to think that he made this all by himself!! its well worth the $20. they include the battery and 3 different sound 'crystals'. so it lights up and makes sounds! its great!

Girls like it too! My daughter did it in DTD, and had a blast. I think it was one of the best $20 we spent.

My boys did it the first day of our trip in 07' and they still play with them today. They still light up and make all the sounds. It was a blast building them. They played with them the whole week in our 2br villa at OKW. Best $40 souvenirs we probably ever purchased.

We did ours in DTD at Once Upon a Time. It's a little confusing at first so don't be afraid to ask a CM for help.

Good luck!!!

The DH husband did it last week when we were there. It has alot of peices and 3 sounds for only $20. I was surprised. But find a CM b/c they are hard to put together. There is no way we could of done it on our own. lol.

My husband is so incredibly excited about the thought of making his own lightsabre. I pity any child who stands in his way! :rotfl2:

Wow, this is the first time I've even heard of this. We'll have to do this with DS and DD, I'm sure they'll both get a kick out of it.

Me and my son did this two years ago. I have to agree with others, it is a great 20 dollars. Ours has taken a beating and keeps going. Now if you the Darth Maul two sided saber was freaking tall. Had to be over five feet in length. A real blast. We might do another one.

I found some decent pics of the "Build Your Own Lightsaber" stand at the Once Upon at Toy Store, in the Downtown Disney Marketplace at WDW:

Build Your Own Lightsaber: A Brief Tour

We made ours at the equivalent stand at the gift shop in WDW's Tomorrowland's. It was fun and they are fairly good for both play and for costumes. We have near movie replica quality Star Wars costumes and our lightsabers that we built go well with them.

41RDMNW18VL._SS400_.jpg

My brother and I did that this past trip (I am 35 and he is 30). You have a CM who basically walks you through the building process asking which style of piece do you want.

I think we only paid $13 for it since they were having a sale on all toys at the time.

Other than my DH letting me book a MK view room at the CR on the Atrium Club, this is the thing that I am looking forward to the most. Everyone in our family is making on, and then we are making on for my nephew. My DS's want to make several for other people for gifts as well, but I think my nephew will be the only other one we make. All together we will be making 5.

We love love love building light sabers! It's deffinately not an experience to miss if you have Star Wars fans, young or old, girl or boy!

ok, so just to clarify - you can do this at either DTD or at the Star Tours attraction? The DH and I are going....were around age 7 when the first Star Wars movie came out so I think this would be a blast to do!

For those of you who have done it, my one question is, are the sound effects good or kinda cheezy? I want the woozgh woozgh noise! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter