Build a bear work shop and Magic Morning Questions

No minimum age.
We have been several times during opening hours, and there are times when it is not bad. The top is you need to go upstairs. They have most everything up there including stuffing the animals.
If you can get in on the early it would likely be less people, but I wouldn't miss rope drop for it.

We've done this a few times. We usually just call the hotel a few days ahead of time to book it. When you arrive they will give you the weekly schedule which shows what perks are available each day. For instance, the DCA pre-park opening walk isn't available every day.

Sometimes the hotels have Build a Bear coupons in the pamphlet areas in the lobbies. We found some 20% coupons next to the local attractions info area at GCH!

Aloha,
Has anyone done the Build a Bear work shop for DLH guests, was it worth the time to go?
Also, I was under the impression that if I bought a 5 day Hopper pass, we were entitled to one magic morning. I was just told by the DLH guest services, only if your staying at a Good Neighbor hotel you get the magic morning, I do not think the Dessert inn and Suites is a good neighbor, can someone clarify this for me.
Mahalo

One of my daughters and I did the Build A Bear Workshop one morning. We were there last month. Loved it so much, we would love to do it again! There was just one other family with us that morning; a father with his adorable little daughter. They have a nice variety of items. My daughter ended up making 2 bears, both getting Mickey Ears and T-shirt. They had regular ones and ones that were for the 60th Anniversary. If you have the time, I would suggest you do it!

I called PPH this afternoon and they said that registration cannot be done before check-in. Is this a new policy?

I called PPH this afternoon and they said that registration cannot be done before check-in. Is this a new policy?
When I called yesterday to the DLH I was able to make a reservation for December 9 and received a confirmation number.

:confused3Has anyone staying at Paradise Pier made an advance reservation? The CM seemed to know what she was talking about and said that I cannot request a date until check-in??

No, when I stayed at the PPH in Januray, we received much less service than we did at the other resort hotels. They wouldn't tell us even what days the special activities would be available prior to check-in. It doesn't surprise me that they won't schedule it for you. I was, however, able to book prior to check-in when I stayed at the DLH on our most recent trip.

Is there much in the way of dinosaurs at Build a Bear? My little guy loves Stegosaurus.

Maybe PPH has a lower priority than GCH and DLH? We've always been able to pre-book at GCH for all of the advertised "perks"

The website ( https://disneyland.disney.go.com/hotels/grand-californian-hotel/recreation/) still says " Customize a fluffy new pal during a special one-hour visit to Build-A-Bear Workshop in the Downtown Disney District. Available exclusively to Disneyland Resort hotel Guests"

I am going to try calling PPH again in the morning just to be sure. The CM did say we would get BaB entry one hour early and told me what days it was available just that we couldn't reserve our spot until check-in.
What are the other "advertised perks?" I did the best I could trying to take in info on the boards-but this is our first trip and I'm sure there is a lot I don't know about still :)

I'm having the same luck as others. Last year we stayed at the DLH were able to schedule it no problem - tried to do the PPH for this year and they said we had to wait. I'm a mega planner and really wanted to get it scheduled...I am going to try and call again too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter