Build a Bear Downtown Disney?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
Is the Build A Bear in Downtown Disney different from other Build A Bear locations? Is there any specialty Disney merchandise or just the same Disney items you can order online at Build A Bear? How will parking be on a Sunday afternoon in DTD? We plan to go shop around for awhile until we are able to check in and I don't want to return the rental car until after we check in.

When we were there in 2013 they had princess dresses for the bears, and I am sure other items as well. I am hoping they still have Disney related clothes when we go this year.

Build a Bear in Downtown Disney offers several Disney Park specific items. There is a bear with 'made at Downtown Disney' on one back paw and a mickey head on the other (mine also has the mickey heads on her ears). This bear is only available at the BaB in DTD. There are also several 'Disney park' exclusive costumes. I don't know which of mine are exclusives...I just purchased the ones I liked (we didn't have a Build a Bear in my town at the time). We have had hit and miss 'pixie dust' experiences in building bears at downtown disney...including special Disney wishes that go inside the bears. All and all, we always stop off when we are there.

How are the prices? Are they pretty average for Build a Bear? Is there just one bear that is specific to DTD and do you remember what you paid for it? My daughter is doing chores to save up for Disney purchases..lol

I think they are comparable to other BaB's my daughter went last summer and got a my little pony one with roller skates a hat and outfit I think it was around $60

I stopped in a couple weeks ago and asked someone there this question. They do have some exclusive outfits (villians, Disneyland tee, etc.) Right now - they have an exclusive Diamond Celebration bear - super soft. During Sept they have $10 off $40 coupons, so put our purchases off until the next trip.

I stopped in a couple weeks ago and asked someone there this question. They do have some exclusive outfits (villians, Disneyland tee, etc.) Right now - they have an exclusive Diamond Celebration bear - super soft. During Sept they have $10 off $40 coupons, so put our purchases off until the next trip.

DD and I were JUST talking about this! Do you know if it's just a Diamond Celebration bear or if there's an outfit? Thanks!

Will the coupons be sent on by email to subscribers or do they need to be picked up in store? We wont be visiting until October-are there specials every month?

DD and I were JUST talking about this! Do you know if it's just a Diamond Celebration bear or if there's an outfit? Thanks!
I saw the bear - very soft white bear with diamond celebration ears. I honestly didn't notice a separate outfit - but I already knew I wasn't buying that day.

Will the coupons be sent on by email to subscribers or do they need to be picked up in store? We wont be visiting until October-are there specials every month?
They handed me the coupons in the store but made it sound like they would be available during the actual month, too - which seemed weird but who knows. They didn't offer up a special for August - so I would guess they aren't every month - but maybe the fall months will each have a special as they should see lower crowds?

Thanks! In case anyone else pulls this thread I just wanted to add that Costco sells $100 BAB gift cards for $80. It seems like a lot to spend in one trip but the cards don't expire, can be used with coupons, and its 20% so I'll take it!

When I was there in November they had several different Downtown Disney exclusive bears, none of them were alot more expensive than normal build a bear stuff. They also had a wide range of Disney character costumes as well as some exclusive Disney land stuff like t-shirts and light up mouse ears. The pink bear is the Downtown Disney exclusive bear I got and then you can see the t-shirt and hat on the other bear
IMG_3357_zps3wovpyzd.jpg

Also if you go into the off site hotels before you go some of them have 5 dollar off vouchers for when you spend 25 dollars or more, at least they did at the hotel I stayed in and you could take as many as you wanted.

Ok, well now we are going to have to go to Build-a-Bear on our trip! The 60th Anniversary stuff is so cute!!

After watching that video I want a 60th bear and I want to name him Walt.
To bad I just told my kids no more stuffed animals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter