Build a bear cost

tirby

Mouseketeer
Just trying to budget again. I want to know how much Build a Bear is in DTD?
Even a High guess is ok. Has any one ever made them??

I'm not sure what they cost but our travel package from disney had a discount for them, I can't remember if it was a % off or just a straight $5 off. If you booked through disney check the little coupon book they send you for a discount. I know local build a bear shops run $15-$40 depending on which stuffed animal you pick.

The cheapest bear is around 10-12 dollars. The clothes are what costs money. An outfit usually runs around $10, shoes and accessories are extra.

You can spend a whole bunch or 20 depending on what you do. Bears start at 10 or 15 and go up, the outifts are 10-12 and then there are all the extra's, shoes, skates, underwear, jacket, pj's, sunglasses et al. The list goes on and on. I always make sure my kid understands what we are getting and what we are not getting before we go in it saves a lot of whinning once we are there.

We just went and got Mickey and Minnie and they were $50 plus my daughter got a Sleeping Beauty outfit and a cheap bear. We spent $87.

I love Build-A-Bear! :teeth: I've had 4 bears made and each one ran me about $75, but that's only because I got the outfits complete with all accessories. What can I say, I'm a completionist! :rotfl2:

The bears start at $10, and, as everyone has said, it's the accessories that cost money. But if you just want a "cuddle buddy" and don't need all the extras, you can get one at a reasonable price. Of course, what child is NOT going to want the extras? I think we got out of there at about $65 at the DTD location. That included 2 of the $10 "buddies" and some accessories/outfits.

Thanks guys, That helps a lot.
This is actually the only time we plan on taking our kids. But the last time we all went to DL the younger ones didn't remember it. AND my mom passes away just before we went. :guilty: She lived down there and had not seen my younger children yet so it was a bitter sweet trip.

Now the older two are grown and the younger ones are 11 and 15.( GOSH I'M GETTING OLD) :sad2:
Anyway God blessed us with a good sum of money so we're going.
I actually thought this was going to be one of thoes trip where I watched every pennny. But I think we are going to give the kids $100 each to spend on something. And I know now the the build a bear will be perfect. She will love that. :goodvibes
Thanks!!!

We just went to BAB here in the mall. We were making a bear for my cousin for her b-day. I had anticipated around $40 and it was closer to $65. The original bear was 15 or 18 (can't remember for sure), then the kids had to add the talking part so we could send a "we love you" message. Then we got one outfit and each of the three kids were able to pick out one accessory. It was certainly an interesting bear with leather jacket, princess crown, cowbow boots and a pooh bear hunny pot, but she certainly will know who did what!
Now, I wouldn't expect a bear, outfit and an accessory or two to be outrageous, so I'd say $50-60 would not be outside the realm or "reasonable". Though, you'll be at Disney, so there might be more cost on the Disney accessories (like the Disney princesses cost a bit more than the traditional outfits.)

We did three for our kids including accessories. It came to 120us by the time we were done. It was so worth it though. To this day they still cherish their bears and have them on their beds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter