Bugs

disney minnie

DIS Veteran
We are going to the fort in a few weeks and I was wondering about the bug situation. Are the mosquitoes crazy and everywhere or does Disney spray for them?

Great! We are planning to buy a screened cabana, but this is a last minute trip and only for two nights. We would love to "pack light" on this first trip.

I think the skeeters ain't too bad in June, Disney does some spray'n.
Now I'm not too sure bout them being crazy, but ya gotta watch out for them blue tailed lizzards, they are totally insane !!

I think the skeeters ain't too bad in June, Disney does some spray'n.
Now I'm not too sure bout them being crazy, but ya gotta watch out for them blue tailed lizzards, they are totally insane !!

Frank, can you use the lizards as bait? :lmao: How about late July, what should we fear? Lizards, skeeters, and heat ...Oh my...

Frank, can you use the lizards as bait? :lmao: How about late July, what should we fear? Lizards, skeeters, and heat ...Oh my...

Never try'd a live lizzard, but just might on my next Fort trip. :lmao: After all, you can buy lizzards made of plastics.

Okay,,what should we fear in July ?? Okay, I know they are called "June" Bugs, but believe me, they will be PLENTY around tyo get in your camper in July. Never try'd to fish with them either, but as a kid at night we would take a long piece of sewing thread , tie one end to a leg onna June Bug and let it fly around like it was my pet. :lmao:
HEY , we were poor, I had to make do with what I had ! :lmao:

Oh yeah, and don't forget, next month,(May), the 13 year Cicada will be back for us to enjoy ! And yes, I did try to use them for bait,,the fish in TN. didn't like them.

YELLOW FLYS are the things to be concerned with. do a search. Early morning and evenings. best way to keep em away is with a big fan. Theyre kinda slow and easily smacked but can give a good bite which affects people differently. Their lifespan is June thru early August around there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter