bug spray?

happy Dis planner

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
We will be in the world in less than a week. :cool1: We will be there for 7 nights at the BWV and 3 nights over at the dark side. :wave:

I just stepped outside where I live and was instantly mobbed by mosquitos. Yuck! That did lead me to my next thought... will I need insect spray for sitting around on the balcony at night or for just plain being outside? If you do use bug spray what do you find works the best for your family?

I know Disney does a pretty good job with their own insect management. Just wondered what others had experienced out there.

For what it is worth, I think I have a neon sign on my forehead that only insects can read...I'm just sure it says something like, " Come and get it!!!!! Yum! Yum!! "

Thanks so much!!! :dance3:

Hi all,
We will be in the world in less than a week. :cool1: We will be there for 7 nights at the BWV and 3 nights over at the dark side. :wave:

I just stepped outside where I live and was instantly mobbed by mosquitos. Yuck! That did lead me to my next thought... will I need insect spray for sitting around on the balcony at night or for just plain being outside? If you do use bug spray what do you find works the best for your family?

I know Disney does a pretty good job with their own insect management. Just wondered what others had experienced out there.

For what it is worth, I think I have a neon sign on my forehead that only insects can read...I'm just sure it says something like, " Come and get it!!!!! Yum! Yum!! "

Thanks so much!!! :dance3:

We saw exactly 1 mosquito last week and that was at the Fantasia Mini Golf. No bug spray needed. Have a great vacation.

I have "heard" that a Bounce dryer sheet on your person keeps bugs of most kinds away. I have no anecdotal evidence to back this up and it could be a ploy by the makers of Bounce, but it can't hurt to try as long as you have a backup if it doesn't.

As any actually tried this? Supposed to work for bees, wasps, mosquitos, etc.

I've been here all week and haven't needed bug spray once. I have heard that it might be needed at some of the resorts (POFQ and POR), but haven't used it at the parks at all. I did bring some OFF wipes that I tucked into my park bag so I wouldn't have to carry around a can of spray

I always carry Off wipes in my park bag. Last year at Fantasia Gardens, all five of us needed them due to a huge number of mosquitoes. My husband, who usually isn't bothered by them, also needed to use the wipes.

DD is a CM and she carries a can of repellent in her car and keeps one in her locker. She is allergic to mosquito and yellow fly bites and uses repellant before every Fant performance.

We were there last week. I'm a mosquito magnet and I don't think I even saw one and definitely did not get bit!

Another bug magnet here! :sad:. I have been bit a grand total of 1 time in all my years at WDW. I was stung by a sweat bee on the bridge of my nose during flower and garden one year though. But I dont think bug spray would have done anything to stop that.

I too am a mosquito magnet. I'll come out if a campground coated in spray and still a minimum of 10 fresh bites ;) At WDW in July (which should be peak mosquito season), I was worried about whether or not to stop and buy bug spray. I spoke with a CM while waiting for the resort monorail, and he told me that they spray the whole parks at night, frequently. Whatever they're doing, it works. I didn't see one mosquito the whole time! My kind of magic ;)

We are here now and I got 4 mosquito bites last week (probably the same insect for all four though). I got bit last year also, both times at night in the Magic Kingdom. There are also huge roaches at the Magic Kingdom that come out late at night.

So they are there but not a whole lot of them.

We are here now and I got 4 mosquito bites last week (probably the same insect for all four though). I got bit last year also, both times at night in the Magic Kingdom. There are also huge roaches at the Magic Kingdom that come out late at night.

So they are there but not a whole lot of them.

a Florida thing not just a WDW thing saddle up and giddy-up :rotfl: HUGE ! and this coming from a native New Yorker :laughing: I think they're called something else down here ( besides " horsey" ) Mosquito no worries OP

I am a mosquito magnet and for years never got bite at WDW.
I am here now Aug 25-31 and I have gotten 7 bites over this week!!! :sad2:
I feel like I am back home in NJ.

When I did the college program I remember seeing SWARMS of insects that my friends called "love bug." It was so bad, if have to cover my mouth to breathe :(

Hitsubasa said:
When I did the college program I remember seeing SWARMS of insects that my friends called "love bug." It was so bad, if have to cover my mouth to breathe :(

Love bugs are the state bird. ;)

I don't know what WDW does, but it works. Never have gotten bit. You would think in Florida you would see more critters. I would think you'll be ok without bug spray.

Love bugs are seasonal. They are generally found in May and Sept. They don't bite, they're just a nuisance.

We go second week of June every year and we get attacked. In fact, we actually thought we had bedbugs in the room we had so many welts but realized it was the Gnats. We own at BLT and if you sit on the balcony for even a couple minutes you will have welts all over from the Gnats and periodic Mosquito. So i don't know how it is there now but early summer they are bad at the Contemporary. I use the plant based insect repellant (i'm allergic to DEET) and the rest of the family uses normal OFF. Next summer we also plan to bring a couple citronella candles for the balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter