Bug or Food poisoning?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Phlip, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Phlip

Phlip Mouseketeer

How do you know? I was horribly ill last Tuesday for about 5 hours. :crazy2: Missed a week of work, got horribly dehydrated and haven't been able to eat anything without getting a stomach ache since. It's now Sunday, and still can only eat rice crackers...I've lost 10 lbs, awesome, but would have rather skipped the gross part. When will I feel better??!!
    No one in the house (knock on wood) has gotten it.... Praying they don't!:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mickeysgal

mickeysgal <font color=blue>Orange you glad I like Knock Knoc

What did you eat prior to getting sick?

4. mickeymedic

mickeymedic <font color=red>Loves Off Kilter<br><font color=te

Have you been to the doctor? If you missed a week of work and you still aren't feeling better, it is definitely time to get your self check by a medical professional.

5. Katy Belle

Katy Belle DIS Veteran

Sounds like a bad bug. We've only had food poisoning once, and it lasted about a day.

Hope you feel better soon!

6. DisneyLover83

DisneyLover83 DIS Veteran

I had food poisoning once about 9 years ago. I was so ill I had to go to the ER. They ran some tests from a stool sample (gross I know) and were able to say it was indeed food poisoning. They contacted the health dept and I was told they would be visiting the Chinese restaurant I had ate lunch at the day before. I think the only way to know bug vs food poisoning is to get a stool sample done.

7. WDWangela

WDWangela Earning My Ears

Go to the doctor. I thought I had a stomach bug. Turns out, it was appendicitis. It was not caught until my appendix burst.

8. Phlip

Phlip Mouseketeer

Haven't been to the Dr., I had eggs...but so did others in the house. Unless I had the two that were bad. Let me tell ya, won't be eating eggs any time soon, if ever, bleah...

9. chager

chager <font color=teal>In the end you will feel better a

Had food poison once...was deathly sick for several days. First night was so bad I was sent to ER. I literally could not walk or move around without puking or doubling over in pain. I know there is a bad stomach virus out there right now. Lasts anywhere from 24 hr to a couple days. Probably would be a good idea to give the doc a call and get checked out. Feel better.

10. tiggger1

tiggger1 <font color=green>I put vicks on my feet<br><font

sounds like the stomach bug. There were close to 300 kids out with it on Friday in my town!!!!:scared1: thankfully we were out of town for a wedding..:worship:

11. cornflake

cornflake DIS Veteran

Most "stomach bugs" are indeed some form of "food poisoning" the catch-all for things that can range from a few hours of gastrointestinal upset from something spoiled or mishandled that grew some minor illness-provoking but not incapacitating bacterial load to full-on like salmonella or e-coli or what have you.

That can come on anywhere from a few to 48 hours from when you ingested whatever.

Sounds like some form of food poisoning, especially as you don't seem to have other viral symptoms.

12. StephMK

StephMK DIS Veteran

I have been down all weekend with a stomach bug and am just starting to recover tonight. If you are still not feeling well after that length of time, I'd check with your doc.

13. keypooh90

keypooh90 Lovatic

I hope you feel better soon! I'd go to the doc and get checked out, just in case!

14. CPT Tripss

CPT Tripss DIS Veteran

"Food poisoning" is most often either a bacterial or viral infection . . . sometimes it's a parasite (pretty rare in the US) . . . there's always the possibility of a toxic food (mushrooms or some fish) or pesticides on fruits and veggies. But more ofter than not it's a "bug."

15. Disney  Doll

Disney Doll DIS Security Matron

Sounds more like food poisoning.
    Bugs usually don't last that long with their effects.