• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buffets & Family Style

pad406

DIS Veteran
Hi all

we particularily liked the buffet and family style last visit, did O'Hana's, Chef Mickeys and Boma. Any other good recommendations for this style, tried checking on disney.com and I know some of them are wrong so am a little unsure on what others are available.

TIA, Paul

We're trying Biergarten in Epcot this time based on a lot of good recommendations. You can also look at the Cape May Cafe.

We're trying Biergarten in Epcot this time based on a lot of good recommendations. You can also look at the Cape May Cafe.

You'll love Biergarten, that's one of our favorites. Cape May is also very good. We always enjoy The Crystal Palace as well.

The skillet at WCC is served family style. Cape May dinner was the best meal of our last trip. Askerhaus bkfst is preplated/family style with a buffet bar for fruit/pastries.

WCC(family style) is one of our very favorites. We also like Garden Grill(family style), Beirgarten, Tusker House and Cape May(all buffets). Akershus and O'hana both have really good breakfast, both are family style.

Liberty Tree Tavern serves dinner family style. They serve turkey, roast beef, mashed potatoes......kind of like a typical Thanksgiving meal.

Garden Grill is my favorite family style. I also like Crystal Palace buffet, but Boma is my favorite.

Liberty Tree Tavern dinner is family style and very good. Garden Grill dinner is family style too. Our favorite buffets are Tusker House, Boma, Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare and Biergarten. Another buffet is Chef Mickey's.

We like Crystal Palace, Garden Grill, Biergarten, and Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner) of this style.

cape may is a definite hands down winner for us , breakfast is my fav , but the dinner is great too!
ohana breakfast is family style
i agree , the WCC skillet is a good choice for dinner
garden grill is a nice choice as well
park fare has a great breakfast buffet
I am not a huge fan of the character dinner buffets, food is a bit yuk

Our favorite is Cape May followed closely by Crystal Palace. We have had Ohana breakfast and that was good too. This trip we are trying Boma, Tusker House, 1900 Park Fare and Chef Mickeys.

Thanks everyone for the replies. My (very un-scientific) scoring has it like this:

O'Hana 44
Biergarten 43
Cape Cafe May 42
Crystal Palace 33
Garden Grill 26
Boma 25
WCC 23
Liberty Tree Tavern 16
Tusker House 15
Askehaus 11
1900 Park Fare 9
Chef Mickeys 2

We did O'Hanas (Dinner and Breakfast), Boma and CM (twice) last time and really enjoyed them all. Will be going there again.

Biergarten, Cape Cafe May and Crystal Palace will definitely be on the list

Biergarten is my favorite restaurant in all of WDW...but then again I never ate at a signature restaurant. The buffet has some delicious German food, and the entertainment is wonderful. A must for us on every trip!

I also love the breakfasts at both 1900 Park Fare and Crystal Palace. 1900 PF has delicious chilled strawberry soup, lobster eggs benedict, and some other unique dishes. And the Grand FLoridian is such a beautiful resort, I could just sit in the lobby all day!

Crystal Palace has puffed french toast (deep-fried...I know, terrible for me but sooooo good!), and chocolate Mickey waffles. The restaurant is also beautiful and character interaction is excellent.

I would like to try Ohana for dinner on our next trip (maybe breakfast too), and we are thinking about Garden Grill too. I would also like to go to Boma for breakfast...we have only been to dinner there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter