Buffet servers

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Have cast members always dished out the food on Disney Cruise buffets, or is this something new? After our 11/11/04 cruise we ate at WDW at a buffet and it was serve yourself, so the practice isn't Disney wide.

We were very pleased with the quality of the buffets and we thought the food was wonderful. I was just surprised that you couldn't get a lemon slice yourself, and even tea/coffee were served to you.

Bobbi:D

I think they start doing this when the flu season starts. We got our own food out in September and on all the other cruises.

I think it really helps in cutting down on the germs! ;) WASH YOUR HANDS PEOPLE!! How GROSS!! :mad: Nothing like eatting someone else's fecal matter!! :eek:

Travis

No one was serving on the buffet line during the two cruises we have taken, one in 2001, one in 2003. They did have someone refilling drinks and carving meat though.

princess:

I know what you mean Bobbiwoz. I was really surprised to have to stand in line to be served at the "self-serve" drink station!

Also, the 1st day, the CM filled up my water bottle for me. After that, they made me take my water in a cup and pour it into the bottle.

They started this about two years ago when all the cruise lines were hit hard with that stomach virus. It did slow the lines down a bit, but it did seem more sanitary:firefight

We have cruise DCL 12 times and recently (except this past September) they have been serving you at the buffet. They did not, though on the Sept 27th Magic cruise. They do keep a supply of hand wipes outside the buffet line to encourage folks to wash their hands before entering buffet line.

MJ

Last year I thought we served ourselves but not 2 weeks ago.. It slowed things down but I guess it was more sanitary.

I hated waiting at the drink station though. That was a total pain in the neck. Much slower and sometimes it was difficult to even get the attendants attention. If there was one attendant and people wanting drinks on opposite sides it was really slow to me. One time, and I timed it, it took almost 5 mins to get a glass of water. No one else wanted it so it was empty. I could have done it myself in 30 secs. They didn't take the barriers down until around midnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter