• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buffet Reception. What was the favorite?

Bouncy bounce

Mouseketeer
This is a new thing with the buffet for a reception our families are from NJ and no one really wants a buffet up there.

I said right off I didnt want a buffet but our choices were limited in locations and times.

So we ended up going to ADH and the buffet.

What was your favorite menu item?? What did guest rave about?

I didnt like the menus they give so i said we will pick out our own menu.

We had 55 guests at our wedding, and the thing I heard people liked the most was the Parmesan Crusted chicken. I unfortunately was too anxious to eat much, but from what I tried it was delicious!

Also, people loved the dark and white chocolate fondue for dessert.

Everyone loved the parmesan crusted chicken and we also decided to do a cheeseburger station with all the fixings...that really got people talking! Also, everyone loved our pasta action station!

We didn't ever get as far as our reception last year.. but at the tasting we all agreed the caesar salad with fried ravioli croutons was amazing. My mother who won't even eat salad dressing loved it!!

the beer cheese soup (i think it's originally from le cellier?)....served with pretzel bread...mmmm. we got lots of comments about that. also, like the other posters, the parm crusted chicken was a hit :goodvibes

pretty much all of the food was amazing...a lot of people like the bleu cheese meatballs wrapped in bacon as well. :woohoo:

We will be at ADH but having a breakfast buffet along with a few lunch style dishes. I have heard wonderful things about the Parmesan Crusted Chicken and plan to do a taste testing of this when we are down in May for our planning session. We live in NJ now but are originally from NYC and I understand what you mean about having a sit down meal but honestly I love the idea of a buffet. This way people can choose what they want from our large assortment of food and it will also get everyone up and moving around and not just sitting through the whole reception.

The only thing I am not sure about is even though it is a buffet meal, for some reason I assumed they would serve the wedding cake. I believe I read something somewhere everyone will have to get up and get that also. That is the only thing I am not crazy about and I will ask if that can be served at our reception. If not we will live with it but I think it would be nice to serve the wedding cake.

Linda

We will be at ADH but having a breakfast buffet along with a few lunch style dishes. I have heard wonderful things about the Parmesan Crusted Chicken and plan to do a taste testing of this when we are down in May for our planning session. We live in NJ now but are originally from NYC and I understand what you mean about having a sit down meal but honestly I love the idea of a buffet. This way people can choose what they want from our large assortment of food and it will also get everyone up and moving around and not just sitting through the whole reception.

The only think I am not sure about is even though it is a buffet meal, for some reason I assumed they would serve the wedding cake. I believe I read something somewhere everyone will have to get up and get that also. That is the only thing I am not crazy about and I will ask if that can be served at our reception. If not we will live with it but I think it would be nice to serve the wedding cake.

Linda

Linda,

I never thought about the cake... I'll have to ask my planner I go in 2 weeks for my planning session.

Renee

Yes, please ask your planner when you go down in 2 weeks and then let us know what they say. I am even curious about the coffee and tea. To me, I feel the coffee, tea and cake should be served but I have a funny feeling that everyone will have to get up and get their own. Hopefully I am wrong.

Linda

we did not have buffet but, we did have prereception the biggest hits were the corn dogs and the french fry cones which was a n action station
i wish i had a pik but they were sososo good

We had close to 20 folks who joined us in FL for our DFW in 2005. We opt'd for O'hana's Restaurant inside of the Poly.

Everyone still talks about how terrific the food was! My father-in-law just mentioned it when we were dining out for my husband's b-day this weekend. The food and service was FABULOUS! And is highly recommended.

***Starters: Fried Wontons served with peanut sauce, chimichurri sauce and harissa, and Mixed Greens with Honey-Lime dressing. Appetizers: Sweet & Sour shrimp and Honey-Coriander chicken wings. Skewers (prepared over an oak fire): Marinated sirloin steak, Asian BBQ pork loin, Mesquite grilled turkey, and Hawaiian pork sausage with pineapple-teriyaki glaze. Accompaniments: Maui scalloped potatoes and stir-fried vegetables. Dessert: 'Ohana bread pudding a la mode with Banana Foster sauce. Includes coffee, tea and soda.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but MEME your pix are GORGEOUS!! Do you have a planning journal? I'd love to see! :goodvibes

At my reception at ADH, the cake was not served. They cut it and placed it on the tables where the buffet once was and never even made an announcement that it was there...it was kinda strange :confused3

Yea Meme - haven't seen you around here for quite some time. Always glad to see prior Disney brides joining in. It really gives us future Disney brides some help.

Linda

Thats what I was afraid of. I do not mind people going up to get their food - but I really wish the cake was served. I will have to ask my planner when we are down in May.

What about the coffee and tea - was that served or did everyone have to go get their own also?

Linda

Thats what I was afraid of. I do not mind people going up to get their food - but I really wish the cake was served. I will have to ask my planner when we are down in May.

What about the coffee and tea - was that served or did everyone have to go get their own also?

Linda

I kinda just assumed that the cake would be served...or that they would at least announce that it was out. I think if you ask your planner they might be able to do it for you. Guests also had to go get their own coffee and tea I believe, but I honestly don't know 100% because I cant drink either one due to my condition :laughing:

Amanda - thanks so much for all the info. I am glad I found this out now and not the day of the wedding. I will definately check with our planner if the cake and coffee can be served. If not, I will make sure the DJ will lets everyone know the cake and coffee is out.

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your planning and wedding journals. I just loved your pictures and your flowers. Everyones journals have been such a help in the planning of our wedding.

I also love your little baby count down - I can't believe how fast it is going.

Thanks again,
Linda

We're trying to finalize what will be served from the pasta action station. Anyone have any suggestions that they had or that they tried that were pretty good? We were thinking about a cheese tortellini in a cream sauce with something and a penne pomodoro or something kind of light.

Keenercam - thank you for your compliment. How sweet! Let me say congrats to you and your DF on your upcoming wedding. You are going to have the most magical time - I can't wait to see your pics!

I'm sorry, but I didn't do a planning journal. Should have, but never did. I do remember doing a summary of sorts on one of these threads, but that was over 2 years ago, and it probably is null and void. However, I am more than willing to answer any questions you may have......so send'em my way!

Hey lpizzuro123! It's been a while indeed, since I jumped on the boards. I've been busy with 'married life'..... just kidding. I have been swamped with just life period and decided to make time to read what's new on disboards. I must say, reading everyone's post brings back all the fun memories of planning. I forgot how much fun it was! :banana:

And regarding the cake serving questions - they happily served our cake during our dinner at Ohana's. Of course, we cut a couple of slices for pics during our cake cutting ceremony. But, they boxed it up and sent it over to Ohana's to serve to our guests.

MEME

As of now we are planning on a pasta and veggie dish - not sure what type of sauce yet. We figured there might be some non-meat eaters and hopefully the pasta and veggies will satisfy them.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter