• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buffalo Airport Hotel for family of 5

FirstTimeDisneyDad

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

Looking to book a Buffalo area hotel for our night before our December 9th trip to WDW.

Having a 5 person family seems to mean - "Please charge me $179 per night!"

Any reco's for what hotel is reasonable by the airport, and includes the parking?

Thanks,

We stayed at the Best Western and they only charged us $120 for 6 of us which included 2 weeks parking. We had two double beds and it was myself with my DW, her mother, and our kids, 1,3,5. I booked over the phone and asked the guy if I really needed to book two rooms for one night considering we could put our daughter in a playpen and the two boys could sleep with their grandma. He said it would be no problem at all.

I use priceline and squeeze my family of 5 in for 1 night. We get there late and are up by 6 for our flight so I cant justify 2 rooms.

Then I drive over and park at airport.

I thought they had occupancy rules that were for fire etc and can't hotel be in trouble if they go against codes?? We are a family of 6 and usually have to look for suites. In Buffalo we have stayed at: Sleep Inn and Suites, Comfort Inn and Suites. I have used Hotwire and had 2 rooms at the Best Western (think got it for around $54 each room) and at the Comfort Inn and Suites (have that one this year for 2 rooms rate per night $58 total with all taxes/ fees is $140.99)-we have 7 people for this year's trip-nice to have 2 bathrooms. We have found some hotels on road trips if one of the children is very young they will allow more in the room. Many report getting the Millennium Hotel Buffalo for around $30-$40 per night on Priceline See: http://betterbidding.com/ for current winning bids.

Parking......think the only one that really is "free" parking is the Marriott- all the rest have different rates for park and fly vs just staying in the hotel.....but I think they all will take money for parking at the hotel to park there if you get your reservation via Priceline or Hotwire- that is what we did at the Best Western.....plan this year though is to park at airport as we have had terrible luck getting shuttles back to car after trip....price difference is minimal hotel charge parking vs airport parking.

we stayed at the holiday in in july with 5 of us. It was $105 including the $10 for the roll away

I use priceline and squeeze my family of 5 in for 1 night. We get there late and are up by 6 for our flight so I cant justify 2 rooms.

Then I drive over and park at airport.
As mentioned before, we use Priceline.com as well. We book the only 4* hotel in Buffalo for $60 I seem to remember. It's the Marriott with a free shuttle and parking for up 2 weeks parking! The cost of hotel alone is great, but with free parking, it can't be beat!

Hi All,

Looking to book a Buffalo area hotel for our night before our December 9th trip to WDW.

Having a 5 person family seems to mean - "Please charge me $179 per night!"

Any reco's for what hotel is reasonable by the airport, and includes the parking?

Thanks,

We are a family of 5 and booked the Buffalo Marriott Niagara through Priceline for $60.00. Normally it is $10 extra for a cot but we did not get charged. It is the only 3.5* hotel in all 7 geographic zones or Buffalo. You can start bidding at $50.00 and then rebid another 6 times within 24hr period by adding another zone. You are more likely to get it for $60 when bidding a few stays before your actual stay. You can leave your vehicle for free even when booking through priceline and take free shuttle to airport.
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bufny-buffalo-marriott-niagara/

We got the Comfort Inn and Suites for the night we come back into Buffalo-via priceline for $45 for one night!

So, for those of you who wait on Priceline until just before - do you have a room booked elsewhere just in case?

What price would I need to bid right now (80 days out) to get it locked down?

Never used Priceline and I guess it is a process/site I am not totally comfortable with yet.

Any watch outs? Any horror stories? Ever had any issue with not getting the parking "free" for the week when going through Priceline.

Thanks!

So, for those of you who wait on Priceline until just before - do you have a room booked elsewhere just in case?

What price would I need to bid right now (80 days out) to get it locked down?

Never used Priceline and I guess it is a process/site I am not totally comfortable with yet.

Any watch outs? Any horror stories? Ever had any issue with not getting the parking "free" for the week when going through Priceline.

Thanks!

ALWAYS!!!!
To get the Marriott for 60.00 or so, you need to wait until a couple of days out. I could never sleep without knowing I had a backup plan (reservation) somewhere else in case Marriott plan doesn't work out.
I've never heard any horror stories. Parking has never been an issue. :)

I'm sorry, this is confusing the HECK out of me. I need a hotel for 1 night for 4 people and I would like to leave my car there, while we travel. We need the hotel for Dec 9/11

Which hotels are my options withOUT Hotwire/Priceline?

And if I choose to bid on Hotwire or Priceline -- how can I be sure I'm ending up with a hotel that will allow the parking and shuttle? I'm really having trouble with comprehension today!

http://buffalo.parksleepfly.com/ -that web site lists many if not all? I don't know of any hotels around Buffalo airport that do not have a shuttle and allow parking while you are gone? Just depends on what you want to pay and then details like how often the shuttle runs(some hotels use the same shuttle and share) where you really park the car (at hotel or does the hotel own another lot and make you go there-some do) The Marriott is the only one reported on here that does not charge extra to leave your vehicle there while you are gone-all the rest have two different prices- the one for if you are just staying in their hotel and the one that includes the parking for "X" amount of days-more days parked more $ . If you do book on Priceline or hotwire you do NOT get included or free parking UNLESS you end up at the Marriott with your winning bid. We are planning on staying in our priceline winning hotel at the Comfort Suites for $45 per night and parking at the airport with a maximum weekly amount in Long Term B airport parking of $50 per week.

I'm sorry, this is confusing the HECK out of me. I need a hotel for 1 night for 4 people and I would like to leave my car there, while we travel. We need the hotel for Dec 9/11

Which hotels are my options withOUT Hotwire/Priceline?

And if I choose to bid on Hotwire or Priceline -- how can I be sure I'm ending up with a hotel that will allow the parking and shuttle? I'm really having trouble with comprehension today!

I don't know the answer to this, but I'd like to for sure!! I'm an avid priceline user, but I never use it when I need a park & fly hotel for fear of having to pay ridiculous fees for parking. Any info on this would be great. We usually stay at the Sleep in for about $114USD plus tax which includes 2 weeks of parking. If I could get this cheaper, I'm all ears! :goodvibes

As mentioned before, we use Priceline.com as well. We book the only 4* hotel in Buffalo for $60 I seem to remember. It's the Marriott with a free shuttle and parking for up 2 weeks parking! The cost of hotel alone is great, but with free parking, it can't be beat!

Is the Marriott still available on priceline? I just went to priceline and couldn't find any 4 star hotels in the bidding section of the site. From what I saw, the highest level hotel is 3.5 star. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? :confused3

Is the Marriott still available on priceline? I just went to priceline and couldn't find any 4 star hotels in the bidding section of the site. From what I saw, the highest level hotel is 3.5 star. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? :confused3

that's where I got stumped too! they only had a 3.5 + ??! So confusing :confused3

Check "webworm's" posts- it states you are looking for a 3.5 star place- webworm has had many posts on how to get the marriott.

the only 3 1/2 star in Amherst on Priceline IS the Marriot, Therefore, if your bid is accepted, it would be at THAT location, correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter