Buffalo Airport - any hints

Jennifer16

Earning My Ears
We are planning on staying overnight near the Buffalo airport before our flight. Just wondering if anyone has any insight into a good hotel ... or one to avoid! Right now I have checked and Holiday Inn Express, Sleep Inn and Comfort Suite has availability. Any comments would be appreciated!

We stayed about a month ago at Days Inn right across the street using hotwire for a rate of $59. I was a bit hesitant at first but it turned out to be very clean with breakfast included...very good value and it was only for one night anyway.

We love the Holiday Inn Express. Always get the park and Fly rate. Place is clean, the pool is nice, breakfast is yummy and you can leave your car for up to fourteen days. The shuttle service to and fromm the airport has also always been good.:thumbsup2

I always use priceline. For around 48 I usually end up with Millinium? or the old Holiday inn. When I won the old Holiday inn I was skeptical but it has had a makeover and was really nice. The other one is closer to the mall but the rooms are very nice.

I always park at the airport anyway for quicker access to my car so park and fly was not an issue for us.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last September. It was really nice, had a great indoor pool and a nice breakfast. I'd stay there again.

You don't say when yoi are going but when I priced out Millenium and Holiday inn, it was between $149 and $189 for the park and fly rate (for 8 nights). I am a bit of a hotel snob and the review on the Millenuim are awaful so I did some more searching and I am staying at the Marriott (a bit further away but still only a 10 minute drive) and it was $99 and I park for free. Beds are the sleep comfort ones. They have a free shuttle.

Actually the Millenium has very nice beds. While the hotel lobby and corridors are not in the best shape the rooms are in excellent shape and very comfy. We have stayed there on 4 separate occasions now and always had a great room.

We stayed at the Millenium a year ago and we found it very run down from the last time we had stayed there when it was the Four Points Sheraton.
We are staying at the Sleep Inn in a few weeks, alot of friends have stayed there and recommend it. Their free breakfast starts at 4:30am, making it possible to grab something to eat before heading to the airport for our early flight

We stayed at the Millenium a year ago and we found it very run down from the last time we had stayed there when it was the Four Points Sheraton.
We are staying at the Sleep Inn in a few weeks, alot of friends have stayed there and recommend it. Their free breakfast starts at 4:30am, making it possible to grab something to eat before heading to the airport for our early flight

The Millenium is nicer than Sleep Inn. We stayed at the Sleep Inn and had park and fly in September 2008. Never again will we stay there. Our inlaws room was okay, but ours was musty and had huge cobweds hanging from the ceiling. I normally would have complained and had our room switched, but with the inlaws, I didn't want to start our vacation with a negative. My kids and I just put some Vicks Vapour rub on the tip of our noses before we went to bed to cover up the smelly room. My Husband didn't need to do this, because he has no sense of smell.

We use to stay at The Millenium. But it is now hit or miss. We would get a nice room, that had been renovated, or a room full of mold. On our girls shopping weekends, we still stop by the Millenium bar for Kaeokee on Saturday nights, but we stay at the Homewood Suites. (The Homewood Suites has a free shuttle that drops us off and picks us up at the Millenium!!)

I guess you can get a bad room at any hotel. If the room is not acceptable, ask for another. ;)

Thanks for all of the advice! I know that the Holiday Inn Express is very nice, but I guess I can't justify paying $100 more for a room here compared to staying at Comfort Suite or Sleep Inn. There are alot of other things I would like to do with that money once we get to WDW. Anyone think it could be hard to get parking at the airport? We leave on the Sunday at the start of March Break!

We love the Holiday Inn Express. Always get the park and Fly rate. Place is clean, the pool is nice, breakfast is yummy and you can leave your car for up to fourteen days. The shuttle service to and fromm the airport has also always been good.:thumbsup2

Ditto for the Best Western. You book your shuttle time at check-in and the breakfast bar is open at 5:00 or 5:30 AM so plenty of time to eat and catch your shuttle for those early flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter