• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BUF duty free????

dancin Disney style

<font color=blue>I found one to share with some fa
I've never bought anything in BUF so I can't remember what shops they have after you pass security. I do remember a bar/restaurant and a magazine shop.

Is there a duty free type shop that I can buy a bottle of vodka to take with us? Not for on the plane....we would like to have a little drinkie in the evening or at the pool.

TIA...:drinking1

Not sure if I'm understanding your post correctly, but do you mean you're flying from Buffalo to Orlando?

There wouldn't be a duty-free because it's a domestic flight. You only get to do duty-free before an international flight, I think.

Not sure if I'm understanding your post correctly, but do you mean you're flying from Buffalo to Orlando?

There wouldn't be a duty-free because it's a domestic flight. You only get to do duty-free before an international flight, I think.

Yes...BUF to MCO. I said duty free 'type' shop. I do realize that actual duty free is for international. I don't care whether I pay duty or not. I'm just looking to buy a mickey :rolleyes1

Does anyone recall a place inside MCO....before I go to DME? There are so many shops inside there that it's like a mall.

I should add that we are going with just carry on so it has to be beyond security or at MCO.

If you are driving yourself to the airport then stop at the duty free shop at the border along the way, I understand they have great deals on liquor and it would be truly duty free...otherwise, I think you need to find a liquor store, because I don't think they have anything in the airport.

If you are driving yourself to the airport then stop at the duty free shop at the border along the way, I understand they have great deals on liquor and it would be truly duty free...otherwise, I think you need to find a liquor store, because I don't think they have anything in the airport.

They can't--they have carry on only. They would have to be able to pack it in their checked baggage.

Are you renting a car? You could stop enroute to the Resort?

We are rentinng a car but not until the end of the week. So that's a no go.

I guess I could buy the little mini bottles at the LCBO and forget my toiletries :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Are you staying at Disney property?

I know the deluxes have little bottles available at the gift shops. I don't remember them being as expensive as we pay here at the LCBO.

Are you staying at Disney property?

I know the deluxes have little bottles available at the gift shops. I don't remember them being as expensive as we pay here at the LCBO.

Yes...we are. I know the gift shops sell beer at all the resorts. I never looked that closely. I do remember the POLY having quite a selection of booze and snacks in the shop that is on the second floor across from Kona. I'll check it out.

Stop in at the Peace Bridge Duty Free in Fort Erie before crossing into Buffalo.
They're basically the duty free store for the Buffalo airport. There are several ways to take advantage of the duty free savings. You can purchase liquor and consume part of it in Buffalo before you fly, and take the rest in your checked luggage. Also, a lot of people purchase their dutyfree exemptions for returning to Canada at this time, and keep the bottles in their car trunk at the airport. This avoids another stop on the way home. Plus you're purchasing your dutyfree items (liquor, fragrance etc) in Canadian dollars.

Check out "www.dutyfree.ca" for the web site. There is also a Tim Hortons and a Macdonalds inside.

Stop in at the Peace Bridge Duty Free in Fort Erie before crossing into Buffalo.
They're basically the duty free store for the Buffalo airport. There are several ways to take advantage of the duty free savings. You can purchase liquor and consume part of it in Buffalo before you fly, and take the rest in your checked luggage. Also, a lot of people purchase their dutyfree exemptions for returning to Canada at this time, and keep the bottles in their car trunk at the airport. This avoids another stop on the way home. Plus you're purchasing your dutyfree items (liquor, fragrance etc) in Canadian dollars.

Check out "www.dutyfree.ca" for the web site. There is also a Tim Hortons and a Macdonalds inside.

Sounds like a great idea but we are flying with only carry-on. No checked bag to put the bottle in.

Sounds like a great idea but we are flying with only carry-on. No checked bag to put the bottle in.

Since you are not checking any baggage, you are restricted to having a maximum total liquid of 3oz per person (and the 3 oz must be placed inside a clear plastic 1 quart bag, to security inspection @ BUF.

Since this effectively eliminates taking any alcohol through BUF security, and there is no alcohol purchases beyond security (beyond at the restaurants), you may be out of luck. I'd take the easy approach and just buy what you need at the WDW gift shop. It may cost a few dollars more, but it'd save a lot of hassle.

Since you are not checking any baggage, you are restricted to having a maximum total liquid of 3oz per person (and the 3 oz must be placed inside a clear plastic 1 quart bag, to security inspection @ BUF.

Since this effectively eliminates taking any alcohol through BUF security, and there is no alcohol purchases beyond security (beyond at the restaurants), you may be out of luck. I'd take the easy approach and just buy what you need at the WDW gift shop. It may cost a few dollars more, but it'd save a lot of hassle.

Yes...I know this. That is why in my original post that asked if there was someplace that was beyond security to make the purchase.

Yes...I know this. That is why in my original post that asked if there was someplace that was beyond security to make the purchase.

There is no place beyond security, since Buffalo has no direct international flights. There is no need for dutyfree store. I still recommend buying in Fort Erie and leaving the spirits in your car. (as long as it's not Bailey's or similar)

There is no place beyond security, since Buffalo has no direct international flights. There is no need for dutyfree store. I still recommend buying in Fort Erie and leaving the spirits in your car. (as long as it's not Bailey's or similar)

:lmao: The whole point is to take the bottle on vacation to drink while we are there.

My suggestion would be to buy the mickey in Fort Erie, drive to Buffalo airport parking lot, drink said mickey in the car then head inside. You should be good for a couple of days until you get your rental.

Problem solved. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter