BUF airport location?

mattypies

Earning My Ears
Thanks to the Dis I am flying out of BUF on Southwest for an amazing rate!

Can any of you more seasoned travellers confirm for me if there is only 1 airport in Buffalo and that it is indeed the Buffalo Niagara International Airport that I will be flying out of.

I spoke with the holdiay inn express to book a room for the night before and the gentleman on the phone left me feeling uncertain about the airport location.

Help please,

heather

Yes, only one airport in Buffalo and thats the name. There is one in Niagara Falls but currently no commercial passenger flights fly from there.

Your on Southwest, so its Buffalo-Niagara. What Holiday Inn Express did you book into? There is one on Transit Rd that is very close to the Airport. Basically, turn right out of the hotel onto Transit Rd...1-2 miles to Genessee St (Rt 33), Turn right and that takes you right to the Airport.

there are 2 Holiday Inn Express locations, as mentioned above. THe "Airport" location is right accross the street. The "Galleria" location is further out. BOTH have free airport shuttle service. I stayed at the one at Galleria. The rooms were a little small but nice and new. The staff were absolutely fabulous (ask for "Dave" the manager).

We just went return through there 2 weeks ago. Buffalo is pretty small compared to some other airports but that's kind of nice. There is a Fisher-Price play area full of Fisher-Price toys for the kids if you get there early. Coming from canada, you can either go through Fort Erie over the Peace Bridge or go over the Queenston-Lewiston bridge between Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake. I did the second one because it tends to be less busy and a more direct route. There is one toll at the grand Island Bridge if you go that way. I think it was a dollar and they took Canadian money. Directions to the airport are on the website.

Onsite long-term preferred parking was $50 for one week. That's not too bad.

Good luck and have a wonderful time! We got back May 3rd and I still miss it!

wee-haggis said:
For a choice of "Park - Sleep - Fly" packages in Buffalo,try this site.
(we used the Millenium Hotel and it was terrific).
http://parksleepfly.net/
We just stayed Saturday noght at the Millenium hotel on a over night shopping trip. It is right beside the Galleria mall. (Bought some Disney dollars!! :cool1: ) We got a really good rate of $100 for a King size bed and room. We had the biggest room on the second floor. Two couches, six side tables, dining table and four chairs, two desks, with chairs and a TV. The TV should have been bigger in order to watch from the bed. The bed seemed so far from the TV. We also got $100 food credit to be used at the hotel restaurants. The package was called 100 for 100. We only spent $50, because we wanted to eat at the Olive Garden acrossed the road. (We miss them in Canada.) Would recommend this hotel for value. I over heard the man at the front desk telling someone on the phone, that they have very good rates for Sleep Park and Fly, not sure what they are.

snickerboo said:
there are 2 Holiday Inn Express locations, as mentioned above. THe "Airport" location is right accross the street. The "Galleria" location is further out. BOTH have free airport shuttle service. I stayed at the one at Galleria. The rooms were a little small but nice and new. The staff were absolutely fabulous (ask for "Dave" the manager).

We just went return through there 2 weeks ago. Buffalo is pretty small compared to some other airports but that's kind of nice. There is a Fisher-Price play area full of Fisher-Price toys for the kids if you get there early. Coming from canada, you can either go through Fort Erie over the Peace Bridge or go over the Queenston-Lewiston bridge between Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake. I did the second one because it tends to be less busy and a more direct route. There is one toll at the grand Island Bridge if you go that way. I think it was a dollar and they took Canadian money. Directions to the airport are on the website.

Onsite long-term preferred parking was $50 for one week. That's not too bad.

Good luck and have a wonderful time! We got back May 3rd and I still miss it!

Hi there,

There is only one airport, we got a good rate with Southwest too but just make sure that you do their online check in thing in advance. You could end up with seats that are not beside each other otherwise.

Also, when you cross the border, go across at Fort Erie-Buffalo. Otherwise, you will be hassled for tolls and spend more time in the States, it also is not at all a direct route... it is kind of a detour.

deltachi8 said:
Yes, only one airport in Buffalo and thats the name. There is one in Niagara Falls but currently no commercial passenger flights fly from there.

Your on Southwest, so its Buffalo-Niagara. What Holiday Inn Express did you book into? There is one on Transit Rd that is very close to the Airport. Basically, turn right out of the hotel onto Transit Rd...1-2 miles to Genessee St (Rt 33), Turn right and that takes you right to the Airport.

Sorry about some misinformation,, I was just by the airport yesterday and the Holiday Inn Express I describe above is now a Clarion Hotel. Sorry about that!

I booked into the Holiday Inn Express in Buell Avenue but it says Cheektowaga. I spoke to them directly so I hope I have the correct location!

Park and Fly for 2 weeks was $139, a little more than I wanted to spend but it looks like a nice new hotel and I want a nice start to my trip.

Only 6 more days!

Heather

Mattypies-that's the one right accross from the airport. The Buffalo airport is technically in Cheektowaga.

Have a fabulous trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter