• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buena Vista Suites?

sully dad

Earning My Ears
We've booked Buena Vista Suites for a week this summer. (found a good deal, I think) Will we be happy? (family of 5 with 2 teens) With rental car - how far a ride to the parks from here?
Thanks for help
pirate:

We stayed there one night a few years ago, wasn't far at all, straight shot onto Disney property from the road it's on, the rooms were big and have been renovated recently, free breakfast buffet, didn't go to the pool, would stay there again if we ever can't afford onsite! Also, there is a fridge and microwave too!

Thanks to the previous poster for your comments. I am really agonizing over where to stay for our trip this summer. We are going with additional family and cannot afford to stay on site. Really needed to hear that it shouldnt be too bad. Thanks

We love Buena Vista Suites! Once we got past the fact this it is offsite (we were onsite snobs) and gave it a chance, we thought, this is great! You just can't beat a 1 bedroom suite that holds 6 people and is so close to WDW for that price. And they are clean (VERY important to us) and friendly there.

Make sure you check mousesavers for deals:
http://www.mousesavers.com/buenavistasuites.html

And also consider Caribe Royale if they have a lower rate. It is right next door to BVS, they are sister resorts. We've also stayed there and it's great too:
http://www.mousesavers.com/cariberoyale.html

And if they are out of the Mousesavers rates then you can try a place like Priceline. We have booked it that way too. :thumbsup2

I'm glad to hear good things about Beuna Vista Suites. We are going in January of 2011 and are considering staying there. Does anyone know how the transportation is to the parks? Thanks!

Thanks to all for responses. Anyone ever stayed at Quality Suites, Lake Buena Vista I've found a nice deal there through DW's work.
Thanks again!

i was also wondering about buena vista suites....but was concerned about shuttle to parks. Are the shuttles only at certain times? is it at downtown disney?

do you get extra magic hours?

Thanks.

I LOVE THIS HOTEL!

It's reeeeallllly nice & so spacious! You can fit 6 people comfortably, has a microwave, two huge flat screens, free breakfast buffet, no charge for parking, a good 3 minute drive to DD, i think it had a fridge, big counter space....i could go on & on. It's a great deal if you go through dreams unlimited (comes out to $88 a night)

Uploaded some pics i took for you to see :)

http://img40.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=1999002.jpg

I spoke with them yesterday since I am also considering switching my reservation from inside the park to BV Suites. The savings for us is cut in half $471.15 less then staying at All Star Family Suites. They don't have any free airport transportation and a shuttle is $132 r/t for the 4 of us so we may have to rent which I priced at $190 for a compact for our trip.

The Suites free shuttle to the park runs 8:45, 10 & 11am and then they pick up after the park closes. He couldn't be specific because they don't post until the day before and I am looking at December of this year but that is how they generally run. Even with renting a car I am still saving $275 over what is costs to stay in the park and getting a much nicer room and grounds, and free breakfast everyday. I am still getting the refrigerator, microwave & coffee maker and 2 TV's which were the selling points of the family suites. I am losing one bathroom though. I am losing extra magic hours and the chance for free dining so I will have to weigh this out very carefully.

The place looks great and has gotten great reviews on Tripadvisor too.

Buena Vista Suites is a great property. Location and The Buffet Breakfast are just several of the perks. Here is the link for booking thru Dreams.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resorts/bvsuites/index.htm

Another perk is that we offer ADR's to our off site guests. If you have any questions about Buena Vista or any of our other off site resorts I will be happy to help you.

Teresa Echols

techols@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com

Hi Teresa, thanks again for your help with my reservations this morning! :sunny:

Can anyone tell me if Buena Vista Suites has hairdryers and shampoo/conditioner? I thought I had read somewhere that they did not have hairdryers but someplace else said they did. Don't want to get stuck on that one! Thanks!!

I just wanted to let everyone know to check out BVS and Caribe one day sales.

Caribe posts theirs at 8am on Wednesdays.

BVS posts theirs at 8am on Thursdays.

We were able to get 4 nights at BVS for 6/12-6/14 for a total of $265.48 w/tax
(They were offering one night @ $89 and next @ $29)

The great thing is....their reservations are able to be canceled prior to 72hrs to arrival with no cancellation fee unlike book-it, PL, HW and others.

So......while we're waiting to see if we get a PIN code or FD offer of some kind---this is a great back up plan!

I had totally forgotten about their 1 day sales until I read a post by another DISr! Just trying to pay it forward!:goodvibes

Can anyone tell me if Buena Vista Suites has hairdryers and shampoo/conditioner? I thought I had read somewhere that they did not have hairdryers but someplace else said they did. Don't want to get stuck on that one! Thanks!!

They have shampoo & conditioner. Not sure about the hairdryer....I always bring my own since they always go so slow at hotels.

Thanks, I thought I would take a hairdryer to be safe, I always take some shampoo samples too, just in case - but it helps to know they have it!

Thanks to all for responses. Anyone ever stayed at Quality Suites, Lake Buena Vista I've found a nice deal there through DW's work.
Thanks again!

I'd be interested too. We've booked a 9 night stay there in October. Very well rated at tripadvisor.com. I've always had good luck with Quality/Comfort/Clarion hotels. Couldn't beat a queen suite with kitchenette, living room for around $80 per night, including breakfast.

We've stayed at BVS a number of times and have never been unhappy. It takes 5 minutes to get onto Disney property. The rooms are large and very comfortable. Since the renovation, the beds are more comfy as well. The staff is always very friendly and helpful and there is a CVS right across the street (and a 7-11).
When staying off property, we tend to go between BVS and the Doubletree in downtown disney. We stay wherever we can get a better deal...the resorts are comparable but I prefer the rooms in BVS because the door between the sitting room and the bedroom is a real door so we can put the kids to sleep and they aren't disturbed by the light/TV etc in the bedroom.
Jill

We booked for may for the four of us(me,wife,son 20 and daughter 21). I like to stay on site also(for extra magic hours). Free breakfast and fridge made the decision for us. Disney needs to wise up when it comes to the extras in there rooms. Does anyone know if you can used the pool at there sister resort and is it a short walk to there?

I also got the deal for $88 for first night and $29 second night listed on their website on a Thursday. My understanding is that every Thursday they have a different deal. We're staying here for our first two nights and then moving on property. We're taking our two grandsons this trip so we wanted them to experience on site, too.

I'm excited about staying at BVS, as I have always seen it on the way to WDW and always wondered about it. Getting a good deal gave me the incentive to go ahead and try it. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter