• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buena Vista palace Downtown Disney, great hotel, loved it!

louise1928

Mouseketeer
December 25-28, 2008

We loved this hotel:banana: Everything about it was superb. From the entrance, to the lobby, rooms, decor, etc. For some odd reason it reminded me so much of Royal Caribbean Cruise Line decor. It was very neutral in colors and design, nothing over the top, and the decorations were few but gorgeous. The pool area is great, we could have stayed there all day. We did spend all afternoon there on Friday, after our morning visit to Animal Kingdom. Nice low-volume, caribbean music played around the pool area.

The rooms were nicely decorated, not over the top. Very comfortable beds, I slept great all weekend. The room showed minimal signs of wear and tear, but it was a very nice room.

Everything is there for your personal needs. Gift shop that sells disney tickets, spa, car rental service, 3 pools including a spa pool, exercise room, sports bar, restaurant, cafe, arcade room to keep the teens busy on bad weather days, although we had gorgeous weather the past 4 days. The pool area was pretty full all weekend, because the weather was so nice! 80+ degrees each day, no overcast.

What I liked most about this resort hotel, is the tropical feel, but contemporary feel it has too. There are even two gazebos on the property overlooking the lake where you can sit and chill out after a long day at the parks.

Of course the cafe for sandwiches, snacks, etc, was expensive, but I will say the turkey/cheese wrap I had the other night was actually pretty good and filling.

This is a nice place. I can't say one bad thing about it, except they need to heat the smaller pool a bit, no one could really swim in it, because the water was so cold. Other than that, great hotel, and the best part, location, location, location:banana:

You could not ask for a better spot to be within walking distance to Downtown Disney. It was perfect. In my opinion after seeing the location of the other Downtown Disney hotels, Buena Vista Palace and the Hilton are the top two locations. Not that you can't walk from the others, but these two are best, my opinion.

If we ever visit the area again for Disney, we will be staying at BVP, hands down:woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks for the review. How did you book this hotel, through the hotel directly or through a discount site?

Thanks for the review. How did you book this hotel, through the hotel directly or through a discount site?

We actually booked it thru travelocity, but next time I will book it directly with the hotel, because we could have picked the breakfast option that was offered at their website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter