Budget ?

DisneyFirstTimer10

DIS Veteran
Going for 10 days quite soon and DH and I have a ballpark of what we'd like to stay under- just wanna see if you all think its feasible, common. So- what would you think is enough money to bring for a ten day, 8 park day trip- family of four, including 7 year old and picky 5 year old- hotel, air, and tickets paid for and staying on site- just budgeting food (breakfast in room, lunch and dinners mostly counter service- approximately three sit down meals) and few little gifts for the kids. Keep in mind- going during food and wine and hubby and I will likely have a beer several days. Thanks!!! Edit- wanted to add poll but too late now... A) $500-$1000 B) $1000-$1500 C) $1500- $2000 D) $2000-$2500 E) other

Ugh ! Another edit- might be best to move this to budget board? Sorry

I would say $1000 would be sufficient. If you think you will snack a lot or husband's beer a day will turn into multiple ones then 1100.

If both of your kids will eat kids' meals, they are $6 at QS and $10 at TS a la carte places (plus tax). Except for a few places, kids' buffets are around $15 for breakfast and $20 for dinner. Their meals include drinks

Average cost for adult entrees is $12 and sodas are $3 at QS. TS will run the gamut from $12 entrees to $30 entrees.

Check out allearsnet.com or the dining section on the tab above to look at some menus to see what your family might eat. That will give you a better idea of how much money you'll need.

We tend to budget a bit high for our Disney dining. Better to estimate too high than too low, IMO. Especially during F&W, when extra snacks and beverages are the norm.

I'd figure close to $1,500 for 10 days. This also includes a snack and adult beverage each day, and estimating a bit on the high end for CS meals. Don't forget to factor in the tips for your TS meals.

If you are driving, you can make a stop for groceries (breakfast and snack items, soda, etc). Or you can order ahead and have them delivered to your resort. (wegoshop or Garden Grocer).

Since we don't know the type of restaurants you might be interested in, it's harder to pin down a more exact amount. As the PPs have said, look through the menus at allears.net for more accurate pricing at the places that interest you.

I would budget closer to $1500 myself. If you are doing 3 sit down meals, gifts, beer and food samples, I do not see how you can do it for $100 a day. Some days you will be over $100 and other days under.

Go to allears.net and look at menus. That should give you an idea of prices at quick service and table service places. They even list prices for snacks like Mickey ice cream bars.

I would budget 2000 just to be safe. I hate watching money while on vacation.

We will go for 7 nights and I'm taking about 3200. That will include our drive there and back.

We just got back & I spent $1k for 5 days for 5 people. That's breakfast in the room, carrying snacks & alternating sodas & free water.

I'd say at least $2000. When I go on solo trips I budget for $100 a day for my food, drinks and souvenirs. I mostly do CS with a couple of TS meals, but I do like to snack and enjoy my adult beverages.

We will be there 10 days, family of 5 (kids 12,8 & 6) we are have reservations for 13 sit down meals and I am planning to spend between $1500-$2000 for food. ( our CRT meal already paid in full.

I honestly dont think $1000 is enough for a family of 4 for that length of time. My DS13 and I spent about $1000 for 6 days. So for a family of 4 i'd budget about $1500 MINIMUM, just to be safe. :thumbsup2 if you can bring $2000 just in case, that would be even better (since you did mention souveniers).

We have the dining plan and I will be taking about $1500, so for you I would say $2000.

Actually same here. We're usually on the DP and we normally bring about $1200-$1500 as well. I like to pay in cash, not credit. I like to have a stash of cash just in case! cause you never know.

We have only ever stayed on the DDP. We too are a family of four. If you don't take mind of the menus you will have no ability to budget for your tip at a table service meal. That being said, I too enjoy a couple beer per day and my wife her wine. For ten days I would budget $2000 cash. You can always bring it home if it is not spent.

While it might sound extravagant, that's $200 per day over and above the DDP. In a family of four $50 per person per day. We can expect to simply tip between $20-$40 per day for table service meals. We tip our cleaning staff daily. We tip the concierge when they provide us with upgrades or magically find a option for us that otherwise wouldn't be available to us, or was previously unknown. (I'd highly recommend using these CM's to their upmost, they know the inner workings of WDW and often have the inside track on making the impossible, possible) As a family we all want to be able to purchase souvenirs that will best remind us of our trip, not skrimp and procure simply something from the park. You can do that at Disney stores in or around your hometown. Every person will not spend $50 per day so if one of my children requires more it's generally offset by a previous day or later in the week.

Long winded.... and like I say, you can always take anything left home. I find that to be the best souvenir of all.

DH and I budget $1000 for a week for just the two of us. That's one CS and one TS every day, plus Food and Wine Fest and miscellaneous snacks/bottled waters. We also buy our groceries for our room in that budget (yogurts, waters, beers, chips, etc). We always come in around $900 ish after we get home and tally it up.

That does not include the prepaid Luau we do - we pay that 6 months before we leave so we don't count it. So you will have to add more if you choose to do a dinner show and haven't prepaid it.

So I think you will need much more than $1000 for 4 people for 10 days. We don't have kids so I don't have a frame of reference for how much they cost :teeth:

You could estimate $50 per adult per day. Figure 2 kids as at least one adult. You're looking at a minimum of $150/day.

We are a family of 4 with 2 adults and 2 Disney adult children 16 & 12. We use tables in wonderland.

We buy water, soda, Gatorade, breakfast, and some snacks for our room.

We budget:
$60 for counter service meal for all 4 of us
$35 for snacks for all 4 of us per day

We have found we like breakfast buffets non-character like Boma has become a favorite. We spend about $100 with tip for a breakfast like this and it is peaceful.

We are going for 8days and 8nights. We are taking $2500 in a food budget. It is our last trip for 2 years. We are celebrating our anniversary and our sons high school graduation in 2015 and sending him off to college in fall of 2015 hence no vacation until 2016.

Good luck. I agree with consulting prices.

I use 6.5% for tax.
18% for tip.
Most buffets include the price of beverage and tax in the price of the buffet.
Tip is almost always separate.
I go by this formula when figuring out my budget.

Good luck! Have a wonderful trip!

$2,000+ pixiedust: (basically a little over $200 a day). Besides meals; gifts & Beers :drinking1: Around the World add up quickly. ::yes::

I think that $1000 is cutting it way to close for a ten day trip. Food adds up in Disney, and it is never fun to say no to snack and drinks during the day. We always have used the DDP and still budgeted $100 per day per adult for food and beverages. Kids are not too expensive to feed, and the CS meals are larger enough to share in may places, so yo don't need to budget as much for them. I would not go with less than $1500 and I would feel more comfortable with $2000. Go to Deb's all ears and check out the prices and menus so you have a better idea. Also, I would add in plenty of snack money because once you are walking through the parks, they all look so tempting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter