Budget?

FutureMrsF

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone

I feel like all I do is ask you all questions I am sorry.

Whilst I'm waiting to get to the 12 month stage to talk to a planner I was just wondering if anyone could answer me a question

Money is pretty tight for us but this is our dream
Is it possible to have a wishes wedding with approx 20-25 guests and stick to the £12k minimum (fingers crossed it will still be that for 2013)?

How much extra will it be approx with all the taxes and VAT?

Thank you all so much

X

The US has sales tax, but no VAT. And it's less expensive than you think since GBP>USD. Current sales tax rate, which always has potential to rise, is 6% (jump in and correct me if I'm wrong). So, $12000 x 1.06 = US$ 12720.

Right—DFTW's minimum is $12,000, not £12,000, so you're saving money right there with the exchange rate! :teeth:

Sales tax is 6.5% and the service charge (for food and beverage and audio-visual) is 21%. How much of these you pay on top of the minimum depends on what elements you add to your wedding, but figure on at least $2,000 extra.

This thread might be helpful to you because people have broken down their budgets into each element:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182201

You can use those prices as a rough guide and plug the ones you think you might have into a spreadsheet. And yes, it is definitely possible to stick to the minimum with only 25 guests. We had 34 and came in just a few dollars over the old $10,000 minimum. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter