Budget Wedding Shower Gift??

Kate and Pete

You can't make footprints in the sands of time if
A dear friend of mine is getting married soon (I'm her MOH) and her shower is this month. I am at a total LOSS for what to get them.

They have a registry, but it's got a couple of random things (like, a meat pounder - you know, to flatten meat - and then high-end camping stuff that's out of my budget) - nothing that I can put together as a theme - and I feel weird giving her a meat thing and a set of measuring cups (seriously, that's what's on the registry!!).

Any cute/creative ideas for a couple who have shared a home for three years? They already have everything they need (except for the high-end camping gear that they won't be getting from me!). :goodvibes

How about a digital frame, or maybe a fancy looking recipe box from hallmark.

Building on the meat pounder idea...a friend of mine had a business making meat marinades and sauces, and this was one of his gift baskets:

A paint bucket with a "paintbrush" to brush the marinade on the meat, the meat pounder, specialty bbq sauces and meat marinades, and maybe a gift certificate to buy meat to grill out?

Just an idea...

For my bridal shower, I received a few gift cards from the store that I registered at, they came in handy to finish off the registry and get a few things I didn't think of adding on.

For the Meat Pounder...I'd buy that for her and give her an Omaha Steak Gift Card too. ;)

Building on the meat pounder idea...a friend of mine had a business making meat marinades and sauces, and this was one of his gift baskets:

A paint bucket with a "paintbrush" to brush the marinade on the meat, the meat pounder, specialty bbq sauces and meat marinades, and maybe a gift certificate to buy meat to grill out?

Just an idea...

That is what I am giving Dh's Cousin on Saturday. They didnt register but always seem to be grilling so I went with that. I do alot of couponing and have some Emeril Spices, Sweet Baby Rays, and another brand of marinade that were free within the last month. We are putting in that into a basket with a Le Creuset basting brush from Amazon, a package of skewers, a Kings-ford cookbook (Amazon again) and the $50 gift card to our local well know butcher shop.

Dh was impressed and looks like more than just a gift card since its a close family wedding. I have about $60 into the whole thing since I had to buy the brush $7.88, skewers $.99 and the cookbook was $1.79.

For our wedding, my co-workers made us a super cool basket. It was truly our favorite gift we received. It had a couple of games in it (Yahtzee, Scrabble, Uno and a deck of cards), our favorite snacks (Slim Jims, micro popcorn, candies), a bottle of wine, two champagne glasses, some candles and votive holders, a fleece blanket and a movie. They also had a gift card for Pizza Hut and a gas gift card since we were driving to our honeymoon destination. We threw it in the back of the car and used it on our honeymoon.

I'd make a camping Gift Basket with smores stuff and ummm other camping stuff ... I don;t camp but I assume there is other stuff that qualifies as camping food ...maybe those metal sticks you cook hotdogs on

I recently had to go to a shower that had camping items on the list. I made a basket of the items they asked for and some they didn't - they had a "axe" on their list. I did give it to them in the basket with a copy of "So I Married an Axe Murderer". :rotfl2:

I recently had to go to a shower that had camping items on the list. I made a basket of the items they asked for and some they didn't - they had a "axe" on their list. I did give it to them in the basket with a copy of "So I Married an Axe Murderer". :rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Lots of good ideas. I like the idea of combining a registry item like the meat tenderizer with a gift card from a local butcher shop or a higher end grocery.
My friend had an oil and vinegar bottle set on her registry. I bought that and added a $25 gift card to our local food co-op as she is a vegetarian. I just saw the bride yesterday and she told me how much she liked the gift.

My former MIL invited new neighbors at the last minute to my first bridal shower 18 yrs ago, and I have never forgotten that gift- it was my favorite. She put together a basket with candles, napkins, $ store wine glasses, two board games and a few snacks. We used it several times as a way to have a romantic evening. So for a couple who camp- maybe do something similar with some items for grilling, candles, card or board games, bug spray, some kind of privacy sign for the tent ;)

I see you are the MOH, what if you got the rest of the bridal party to all pitch in on one big gift.Another idea would be to get a personalized gift,I got this cute frame with a couple in the bubble bath and our names where on it and also hand towels with our monogram(personalization mall has good deals)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter