Budget Trip

kkheburn

Mouseketeer
Im going to DL in the end of Oct for 5 days. There are 4 of us. 3 of us have AP's and Im working on getting the other one. We are staying at HOJO w/ the ent. rate. Im trying to get some ideas for food for us. Im not big on any of the food in the park. We just came back a few days ago and it was pretty hot so the food did not even look or sound good to me. Im bringing so far
Beef jerkey
Uncrustables (Costco size)
Trail mix
Mini pb cups for apple slices and celery
Micro popcorn
Soup in the to go cups
easy mac
cup of noodles
Kashi bars
I need ideas for eatting in the room. I was thinking of bringing my forman grill and we will have a microwave and frig. Anyone have some ideas for me:confused3

chicken nuggets or better yet chicken tenders on the foreman grill
steak
potaotes
scrambled eggs in the microwave, you can add ham and cheese
microwave dinenrs
rice crispy sqaures
canned veggies
corn dogs
hot pockets

Forgive me if I repeat something, but I didn't see oatmeal.
Get a large box of individual bags of instant, and use your coffee pot to make hot water for the oatmeal. Also, take some muffins or bagels to go with it.

I forgot about oatmeal! I can use some of the dried fruit from the trail mix to add some flavor. My girls will love the bagel idea too. They love to pick there own from the bakery. Thanks again:cheer2:

I was trying to think of what I took on our last trip. I believe I did those individual bowls of cereal and oatmeal for breakfast so I didn't have to worry about bowls. I took hard boiled eggs too. I have to start my day with some sort of protein and milk generally doesn't work for me. For lunch, we did PB sandwiches with fruit or carrots. Individual OJ was a good choice too. Oh, and I also always take some of the disposable cups with lids and we make hot cocoa/tea before we leave the room if it's chilly in the morning as we're not coffee drinkers. We also took those little bags of mini carrots and some grapes.

We've not really refined our list of what works best for us, but it's getting better. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter