Budget Trip for first timer...

hmeadq

Earning My Ears
Last year we were considering an October honeymoon at Disney. The day before I was going to book an package (Wilderness Lodge & 6 days w/Dining) we got a call telling us to wait. Which we did, and ended up going to Italy on someone else's dime for our honeymoon. It was fun and wonderful, but leaves me with still having never visit Disney, and wanting to before we have kids.

Our honeymoon we had $2,500 for the trip, now we want to do it for under a grand (not including air fare.)

So I think staying on campus is not possible. I also figure we will have to be creative about food - breakfast at the hotel, mid morning snack (I packed), late lunch at a restaurant (counter most days), afternoon snack (also packed) and a late dinner off property? We were also told we really don't need a car if we stay at the right hotel?

What are the best times to go? We were thinking November, December or Jan 08. When is best?

Should we buy a 10 day no-experation pass instead of 7 tickets?

How diffrent is the experience on vs. off property?

UG! I know it's a lot to think about! Thanks for your help.

If you can move up your dates to September you might be able to get free dining. They should be releasing codes for everyone soon (possibly tomorro).

The first week in Dec is also a GREAT time to go. XMAS decor is up and its probably the cheapest room rate wise.

If you stay on-property - no car is needed. You would take the magical express to and from the airport - free of charge.

A non-expiry pass will cost you more - possibly worth it if you plan on coming back. It might also pay to look into an AP - expensive - but you would also get a room discount

Last year we were considering an October honeymoon at Disney. The day before I was going to book an package (Wilderness Lodge & 6 days w/Dining) we got a call telling us to wait. Which we did, and ended up going to Italy on someone else's dime for our honeymoon. It was fun and wonderful, but leaves me with still having never visit Disney, and wanting to before we have kids.

Our honeymoon we had $2,500 for the trip, now we want to do it for under a grand (not including air fare.)

So I think staying on campus is not possible. I also figure we will have to be creative about food - breakfast at the hotel, mid morning snack (I packed), late lunch at a restaurant (counter most days), afternoon snack (also packed) and a late dinner off property? We were also told we really don't need a car if we stay at the right hotel?

What are the best times to go? We were thinking November, December or Jan 08. When is best?

The first week of December is a great time to go..You could stay onsite at a value with a good rate with your plans for eating. If you stay onsite you have access to all Disney's transportation, including Magical Express gettting back and forth to airport.

I just priced a 6 night stay at All Star movies for $1,084.38 (9/2-9/8)

This included a 6 day park hopper (if you take the hopper off it would be 1,001.30)

If you wait a couple of for free dinning- you could get free dinning with the above package!:banana:

Also, not sure why your not including airfare in your price. I would download ding! from Southwest. I just got $54 each way from Providence yesterday for my vacation in June

whatever money you save on airfare can go toward the vacation

We will not fly Southwest.

Both my husband and I are larger people and I will NOT be humiliated by an airline...

We will not fly Southwest.

Both my husband and I are larger people and I will NOT be humiliated by an airline...

OK- sorry

If your flying, I don't think that staying offsite is that much savings for a week. When I tried it for a 5 day, after the cost of renting a car, plus parking everyday, it was coming out to more $$$ than staying at a value on property.

Don't forget the Disney will pick you up and bring you to your hotel on-site for free (as well as bring you back to the airport)

Again, if you can go late August through Sept for free dinning, that would be your best bet.

Also if you have AAA it is a 10%-20% saving on your hotel room depending on seaon and hotel category. They also have slightly discounted park tickets.

FYI- you must pay rack rate to get free dinning

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter