Budget scented plug-ins

lonegirl

Mouseketeer
What brands are the best (to freshen up little boys' bathrooms) and which scents will keep our home from smelling like a port a potty?

I have some Wallflowers from B&B Works but they seem pricey to keep up with!

I've never found a "budget" scent! Lol but we love Scentsy at out house. And disinfect everything with bleach!

Go to B&BW right now. I just stocked up for the year for my Wallflower (which I love). Refill 2 packs right now are $5, which I think is an incredible deal at $2.50 each refill.

I got 3 sets of them - they last awhile - so with 6 of them I should be set for a long time...

The starter sets with the wallflower and single scent container are also $5. I just got one of these plus one of the 2 refills pack for gifts for my sis and sil for their birthdays.

I have used some of the plug-in kinds, but my DD15 and I seem to have a bad reaction to some of the scents. So I like to use the Glade scented candles in my bathroom. . .but that probably won't work for your boys bathroom.

We have a shoe rack near our front door and . . .well. . .sometimes it doesn't smell so great. It's the first thing that hits you when you walk in the door. I hate that. So I started putting one of these on the shelf with the shoes and it works really well. I don't remember what they cost (around $1) but they are budget friendly.

122666_sk_lg.jpg

I use Airwick Freshmatic. If you use the 60 minute interval it lasts about 5 weeks, the refills are $4.29 at Walmart.

I use rechargeable batteries too, if you have an AA kind around.

I use the Glade and Airwick plug in freshners. I buy the refill packs at BJs, and I think there are 5 or 6 refills (and sometimes a warmer as well) in the pack, which costs about $11 or $12.

If you want to do something more 'natural' and less expensive, get a potpourri tart warmer or even just a regular pan on your stove. Add water, some cloves, a cinnamon stick, and some lemon and/or orange peels and simmer on low. Add more water as needed so you don't burn a hole in the pan, that makes an unpleasant smell (says she who has done this) :rolleyes1

I use the glade plug ins (apple cinnamon) for my boys bathroom. Not the liquid but the gel ones. They smell so nice. For bigger rooms I use the Febreeze plugins. A bit more expensive but they last awhile and work like a charm!

I teach 7th graders and I have a Renuzit air freshener on my desk at school like the one pictured above. Let's just say 7th grade boys after PE aren't all that fresh. It helps and is only $1. I have lots of allergies and am sensitive to chemicals so I was very pleased when this didn't make me sneeze or itch!

let's face it.... near shoe rack, a freshener is ok....but in a boys bathroom,you have to spray and clean twice a day-otherwise the smells are coming from unspeakable messes they leave behind:scared1: I spray 100% white vinegar around/on the toilets and wipe daily.... then use a scentsy for a little extra fresh smell when I want something different....bath and bw had their scent stuff really cheap last weekend....BTW, vinegar has been proven to kill all the germs,etc that bleach does,I hate bleach smell......vinegar dissipates as soon as it dries....

Only some of the wallflower refills are $2 today (mostly holiday). The rest are $3.

We use the wallflowers, but I used to buy the Airwick bundle at Costco. You get one of the holders and like 8 refills for $10 or $12.

My dh is an electrician and he will not allow these in our house, he says they are not safe (and my dh does not say this about much, i am the worrier, not him)...I have to use just regular air fresheners, and i have done the cinnamon on the stove, which smells great...i also clean a lot with vinegar which does help get rid of odour....

My husband is a Battalion Chief on his fire dept. He will NOT allow me to use the B&B plug ins. They have started 2 house fires in the town where he works. After the first one, he promply came home and took mine out of the wall. He showed me the pictures of the fire and there was no doubt that the fire started there. He did contact B&B about it.

Go to B&BW right now. I just stocked up for the year for my Wallflower (which I love). Refill 2 packs right now are $5, which I think is an incredible deal at $2.50 each refill.

I got 3 sets of them - they last awhile - so with 6 of them I should be set for a long time...

The starter sets with the wallflower and single scent container are also $5. I just got one of these plus one of the 2 refills pack for gifts for my sis and sil for their birthdays.

Bath and Body have their wall flower refills today (1/8) for $2 a piece..:thumbsup2

Only some of the wallflower refills are $2 today (mostly holiday). The rest are $3..

Lots of awesome sales going on there today.. Zip on over to their web site - the prices and bargains just keep getting lower and lower.. This would definitely be the time to stock up! :goodvibes

My dh is an electrician and he will not allow these in our house, he says they are not safe (and my dh does not say this about much, i am the worrier, not him)...I have to use just regular air fresheners, and i have done the cinnamon on the stove, which smells great...i also clean a lot with vinegar which does help get rid of odour....

My husband is a Battalion Chief on his fire dept. He will NOT allow me to use the B&B plug ins. They have started 2 house fires in the town where he works. After the first one, he promply came home and took mine out of the wall. He showed me the pictures of the fire and there was no doubt that the fire started there. He did contact B&B about it.

These fires occur when people don't remove the air fresheners as soon as they're empty (or close to it).. (I believe most of them even carry that warning on them..) They should not be left unattended (as in going on vacation and leaving them plugged in) - or even going away for a weekend.. You need to be just as vigilent with them as you would be with candles.. Used properly, they're no more dangerous than your coffeemaker on a timer; toaster oven; microwave; leaving your dryer on when you're not home; etc.. No one is more terrified of fire than I am, so when I read the warning on my first Wallflowers (or at least I think it was the Wallflowers), I spoke with DGD's best friends father (an electrician) - as well as the Chief of the Fire Dept. up to the lake (who happens to be a close friend of one of my neighbors up there).. They gave me the info I relayed above - so I just watch them like a hawk and never, ever leave them plugged in when I'm away from there..:goodvibes

Right now the holiday Glade scented oil plug-ins are marked down to $1.48 (for the warmer and the oil set) at Target...I snagged a few apple cinnamon, french vanilla, and some other flavors on Thursday. :cool2:

Right now the holiday Glade scented oil plug-ins are marked down to $1.48 (for the warmer and the oil set) at Target...I snagged a few apple cinnamon, french vanilla, and some other flavors on Thursday. :cool2:

Oh, good to know. I only use apple scent in my house. I'll have to go get some. Thanks!

My sister, also my insurance agent, says these plugin scent things are a no-no. In fact, she has me unplug everything but our frig and TV's. When we go on vacation, she wants the TV's unplugged too. This saves us money but she says we are much less likely to have a housefire. I clean with vinegar and like others, I use a diffuser with sticks coming out of scented oil.

I teach 7th graders and I have a Renuzit air freshener on my desk at school like the one pictured above. Let's just say 7th grade boys after PE aren't all that fresh. It helps and is only $1. I have lots of allergies and am sensitive to chemicals so I was very pleased when this didn't make me sneeze or itch!

Another vote for these! They can't be beat price wise. I've been having the same problem in my boy's bathroom, and it's the smallest thing ever. There's a toilet and sink, enough room for two people to be in there and that is ALL and nothing was keeping it from smelling like pee. Best I can figure is there's gotta be some UNDER the toilet making it smell so much and DH refuses to take it out for me to check. :upsidedow I've tried all kinds of things for the last 6 months and nothing worked (or was affordable). I even got a plug in UV thing that is supposed to sanitize and deodorize, it's done NOTHING. :sad2: Early Dec. I finally got one of these things as a last resort type of thing. It's smelled like vanilla in there all month and for a dollar, I'll continue to use these!!!!

I use Scentsy, and although the initial expense of the warmer was higher than a lot of options, it lasts longer and fragrances a much, much larger area than any other items I've tried. I don't think the Wallflowers from BBW last very long at all. I have one large warmer downstairs, one plug in in each bathroom, and one medium warmer in my bedroom. Those scent the entire house, and one bar of scent lasts me (in all warmers) about a week and a half with one block left over. I buy the bars in a multipack, 6 for $25 and that lasts me a couple of months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter