Budget Rental ?'s

vellamint

DIS Veteran
I have done a search but not my answer....

We are renting a car for the day on the day we leave our Disney Cruise...we have a late flight and dont feel like sitting in the airport all day....

I know to find the shuttle area and that the shuttles run well but what about when we arrive at the rental counter? Is it worth it to sign up for their fastbreak program? I know it would be if I was renting at MCO but we are not.

I am used to Alamo/National at MCO...you just pull up and an attendent comes over to you and takes the car.....is it the same or similar for Budget?

Thanks!

We're used Budget at Port Canaveral several times and never used the Fastbreak program. There were a few people ahead of us, but the line moved fairly quickly. I don't konw if it will take longer with more people on the Dream than on the Wonder/Magic, though.

At MCO, Budget works just as you have described -- pull up, talk to attendent, get receipt, and go on your way into the airport.

Have a great trip!

I have done a search but not my answer....

We are renting a car for the day on the day we leave our Disney Cruise...we have a late flight and dont feel like sitting in the airport all day....

I know to find the shuttle area and that the shuttles run well but what about when we arrive at the rental counter? Is it worth it to sign up for their fastbreak program? I know it would be if I was renting at MCO but we are not.

I am used to Alamo/National at MCO...you just pull up and an attendent comes over to you and takes the car.....is it the same or similar for Budget?

Thanks!

Hi - I'm a Fastbreak member and I love it. I currently am traveling in Dallas and when I got to the desk, I saw my name on a list with the area number for the cars I could pick from. So, I just walked outside and went to the area and picked a car. (I chose red :) ) On the drive out of the lot, they ask to see your drivers license, your fastbreak card, and the paperwork found in the car. I have used this now on 3 different trips and it has worked the same way each time. After a long flight, it is so nice to have something run smoothly and easily!

Fastbreak is a big deal at MCO, not nearly so much at Cape Canaveral. Still, it is a quick sign up.

Drop off at MCO is a piece of cake. You pull in following the signs and the agent appears before you can turn off the engine! Do be sure to fill up the car before you drop off, and don't do it at the nearest gas station on Semoran Road. Drive an extra 1/2 mile to the cluster of stations and you'll find gas 50 cents or more cheaper than at the nearest station. Be sure to save your receipt to show them at MCO or there is a mandatory gas charge.

Cape Canaveral doesn't have a fast break program. They were much faster at the end of our cruise with processing and getting you on your way to MCO than when we dropped off and waited forever to take the shuttle to the Dream last August.

They even upgraded us to a Ford Flex when they saw my family of five and all the luggage and stuff that we bought during the cruise:)

Cape Canaveral doesn't have a fast break program. They were much faster at the end of our cruise with processing and getting you on your way to MCO than when we dropped off and waited forever to take the shuttle to the Dream last August.

They even upgraded us to a Ford Flex when they saw my family of five and all the luggage and stuff that we bought during the cruise:)

They don't have a "skip the line" program like at the airport, but pulling out the fastbreak number seemed to speed up the paper work.

Yeah on the upgrade! We've been upgraded a couple of times too; I suspected that it had more to do with what car needed to be ferried back to MCO than what they thought we would want/need.:confused3

Budget typically operates 2 shuttles on cruise days; we've only had a significant wait once. If you have 2 adults and are willing to split up, on the way TO the terminal, have the driver drop off the passengers and luggage at the terminal before returning the car. It is almost always possible to fit one additional person with no luggage onto the shuttle! At the port after the cruise, if the shuttle doesn't have room for your whole family but does have room for the driver, do the same thing. It is easy for the driver to return to the port to pick up the family or for the family to coordinate by cell phone to decide whether or not to get on the next shuttle.

They don't have a "skip the line" program like at the airport, but pulling out the fastbreak number seemed to speed up the paper work.

Yeah on the upgrade! We've been upgraded a couple of times too; I suspected that it had more to do with what car needed to be ferried back to MCO than what they thought we would want/need.:confused3

Budget typically operates 2 shuttles on cruise days; we've only had a significant wait once. If you have 2 adults and are willing to split up, on the way TO the terminal, have the driver drop off the passengers and luggage at the terminal before returning the car. It is almost always possible to fit one additional person with no luggage onto the shuttle! At the port after the cruise, if the shuttle doesn't have room for your whole family but does have room for the driver, do the same thing. It is easy for the driver to return to the port to pick up the family or for the family to coordinate by cell phone to decide whether or not to get on the next shuttle.

I have tried the shuttle both ways. I dropped the family off and waited for the shuttle to come pick me up and there was a long delay:scared1: By the time I got there they were calling our boarding number 5 and I had to still wait in line to get my photo taken.

This August on the Dream, there were only two ships in port and Budget only had one shuttle and one woman on the desk:headache: This is when they started with the 11:00 a.m. arrival rule. The wait was so bad that we went in with another family to call a private van to take us to the port. By the time we got there we had to stand in a long line just to check in. We didn't board the Dream until 12:45 p.m. We showed up at Budget at 10:30 a.m.

I have tried the shuttle both ways. I dropped the family off and waited for the shuttle to come pick me up and there was a long delay:scared1: By the time I got there they were calling our boarding number 5 and I had to still wait in line to get my photo taken.

This August on the Dream, there were only two ships in port and Budget only had one shuttle and one woman on the desk:headache: This is when they started with the 11:00 a.m. arrival rule. The wait was so bad that we went in with another family to call a private van to take us to the port. By the time we got there we had to stand in a long line just to check in. We didn't board the Dream until 12:45 p.m. We showed up at Budget at 10:30 a.m.

OH my....guess I'm lucky that I've never had that sort of experience. On 2 occasions my gang and the driver had our luggage loaded on the van by the time I came out from returning the car!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter