Budget Pretend PJ Party Activities?

JacobsMommy11002

DIS Veteran
My DIS friends are so resourceful, I knew this was the perfect place to ask. My DD is turning 5 in a few weeks, and we are having a pretend PJ party..no real overnight, but the kids will come in PJ's and we will do PJ activities. My reason for this was that I saw a super cute cake I wanted to do. But now I am stumped on budget activities that fit the theme. Any ideas?

1.You could rent a movie and have popcorn. Havethem bring their favorite stuffed animal/doll, sleeping bag and pillow as the seating.
2. Instead of pizza you could do a breakfast meal or they could make thier own pizzas on english muffin, bagel or small pizza crust.
3. They could do "make overs" on each other.
4. You could tell "scary stories". Everyone sit in a big circle and tell stories that are OK for 5 year olds.
5. Make your own sundaes

We just did this for my 6 year old. It wasn't a birthday party just a party. She saw it in a magazine (possibly Wondertime?) a few months ago as well as a Dragon Tales episode.

She invited 3 friends (a managable number for me) and told them to come in their Pj's, bring a stuffed animal. We had pizza, a craft (Shrinky Dinks - The kids had never seen them before and they are easy!!), ate popcorn and snacks including hot chocolate and watched a movie (Tinkerbelle). Basically I stuffed them full of sugar and sent them home at 10PM.:banana:

It was a huge hit.

but instead say "Wake up, Go to sleep!"

Have everyone wear their slippers too and play the shoe match game where everyone throws their shoes(slippers) in a big pile and then they have to find their matching slippers.

Color your own pillow case with fabric markers,if you could get them cheap enough or maybe tshirts and call them sleep shirts.

Have a breakfast cereal buffet where kids could mix cereals for a special snack. I might skip the milk.

We just had a Fancy Nancy Pajama Party for my dd's 5th. It's was from 5:30-7:30. We had a pancake dinner, story telling, fingernail painting, bracelet making...fancy party. It was a lot of fun.

If there's one of those discount stores near you that sell all sorts of everything, you could probably find a bunch fo pillowcases for a couple of bucks. Then you can get some of those iron-on decals, and the kids have made their own pillow.

Be creative and have fun with what you plan. I think its a great idea for your 5 year old.

We did this when my DD turned 6. The invitations read, "Elizabeth's having a PJ Party With Everything But The Sleep Over!" There were about 15 girls - all the girls from her class (we had just moved in and it was a great way to meet all the girls and their moms!)

* The girls came in their pj's & slippers
* I made up coloring sheets of different Disney characters for coloring
* French Toast, OJ and hash browns for dinner and cinnamon buns for cake
* Some games were freeze dancing and pass the purse (hot potato)
* I had a nail station and each girl got her nails painted and a few nail decals
* They were kindergarteners and into coloring so I had these wooden groovy girl cutouts from Michael's (they're normally $1 but I got them cheaper - bought 50 of them and they gave me a break of about 30%!)
* The favor was a tooth fairy pillow. I sew (really, anyone can do that!) and got a bunch of scrap fabric.
* They also went home with painted nails, the wooden dolls, some really simple game prizes (head bands, change purse, etc.)

The total cost of the party was super, super cheap. Yes - I had a bunch of those wooden dolls but they each colored at least two and I've used them again for Brownies, rainy days, etc. The most expensive part was buying the food! It was about 2 hours long.

This year she turned 8 and had a REAL sleep-over. Seven girls total, colored pillow cases I had put their names on with iron-on decals, made friendship pins, played American Girl for hours (it was a AG Sleep Over), I had cut out their first initial out of that plastic sewing grid stuff and they sewed on it with colorful yarn, watched a movie, ate (and ate and ate!) I made adorable doll sleeping bags and pillows for each girl and played the 'Left Right Game' for who got what patterns. Those were favors along with the pins and pillow cases. And of course, the cranky dispositions since they stayed up until 2 am!

I did this type of party for my son's 5th birthday and it was adorable. All the kids came in their pajamas and slippers. The invitation said to bring your favorite stuffed animal as well.

We organized the stuffed animals into their "own party" as the kids arrived.

We played hot potato with DS's teddy bear.

I made a little bed and used one of the beanie baby monkeys we had around to use a tossing game - "No more monkeys jumping on the bed" You could always draw a bed and use a monkey as a pin the tail on the donkey type game. The kids loved this activity.

the craft activity was decorating pillow cases; when the kids left we put in package of popcorn and a candy bar in them

To calm things down at the end, I had them sit in a circle and I read them theirr bedtime story - a story about sleep overs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter