• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Budget & Other questions

Dreamer24

Mouseketeer
Hi Disney Brides! I'm trying to get an idea of what is involved in a DFTW!

If you don't mind answering budget questions,
Cost of flowers - what was included in this cost
Food/alcohol cost per person
cost of photography & what was included (Disney or other photographer)
Total cost of wedding - where was it, etc
Cost of rehearsal dinner

Non-Budget questions,
It seems like reception choices are limited. How did you choose yours. Were you happy with it?
Where do you find available menus for each restaurant? Can you choose any menu for any place or do you have to choose the place by the menu?

Thanks for the help!

Hi,

Well

The disney florists arevery expensive to save money going with an outside florist can save you money.

And if you are having a custom wedding then you an request anything you want to eat. But they also have menus or you can have buffets.

Here is the link to their site

http://www.disneyweddings.go.com/site/gate/index.jsp

Also, starting a wishbook can give you an estimate of some costs

All these numbers are approximations, I don't remember exact amounts
Cost of flowers - I went through Charming Events...4 ficus trees, 6 tall & full centerpieces, altar arrangement, all personal floral made of white roses and blue hydrangea (my bouquet, 5 bridesmaids, groom, groomsmen, fathers, mothers) plus table linens and chair covers was $2900
Food/alcohol cost per person - Prereception was $9 for the antipasto (I think, somwhere there about) Dinner was either $99 or $93 per person...we serve goat cheese ravioli, ceaser salad plated tableside, lemon champagne sorbet served in an lit ice sculpture of Cinderella's slipper, then people had pre chosen either: Lobster in buerre blanc with filet in merlot butter or roasted french chicken in pinot berry reduction served with jumbo shrimp, stuffed with crab in buerre blanc sauce. Cake was $13 per person (almond cake with amaretto filling and marble cake with chocolate mousse with fresh raspberries....my own design, not something Disney does) We did BOC for the bar which cost us just a shade under $2000 (I think $1800) for 5 hours
cost of photography & what was included: Through Disney, $2800 was 7 hours photography, proof of every picture and artistic album with 50 prints....Disney is pricey for photo without getting much but they did a beautiful job
Total cost of wedding - Approximately, including favors, invitations, paper goods, dress, outside videographer at $1400, MK shoot, Cinderella's coach, sorbet, dj, and normal wedding expenses was $26000 for 56 people...To Disney went $20,400, the rest was outside vendors
Cost of rehearsal dinner: Ohana's 26 per person (41 people)

Please note I did not include 6.5% tax or 20% gratuity

Non-Budget questions,
It seems like reception choices are limited. How did you choose yours. Were you happy with it? We were EXTREMELY happy with menu choices, the food was amazing. The menus they have are really just a guide, you can do anything you've seen on tv. We had the filet in merlot butter done to match a restraunt in Vegas (and it was spot on!) They also were going to do the Ohana's salad for us, until we changed our rehearsal dinner location. Any thing you see, anything you try, they can do, so just keep an eye out for your favorite things

HTH!

We're using an outside photographer and videographer, but I thought I would share my cost for Disney floral because I was pretty happy with the final prices.

Our budget could have been lower, but we are getting a lot of extra corsages for people that we are having participate in some way for the wedding. This budget also includes our knife set that we are getting from DFTW and decorations for our dessert party the evening of the wedding.

Ceremony:
Bridal Bouquet: daffodils, freesia, hydrangeas, ranunculus, lavender iris, roses, stephanotis, , dusty miller as greenery, hidden Mickey inserts- $250
Theme Park Photo Refresher (if needed) $75.00
Swarovski Crystals $15.00
Total: $265 Bouquet, $75.00 Refresher
I am also going to have a brooch from my grandmother (my mom's mom who passed away before I was born) attached to the handle of the bouquet.

Bridesmaids Bouquets with silver tussie holders (4)- $100 each also being used on cake table
Each of the bouquets is different to match the color of the girls' dresses and will include dusty miller for greenery. One will be in Lilac- white hydrangea with lavender freesia, light blue- white hydrangea with light blue delphinium , light pink- white hydrangea with light pink spray roses, and peridot- white hydrangea with light green lisianthius buds.
Flowergirl Bouquet Ball- $75

Groom (triple stephanotis with Swarovski crystal accents)- $23
Duplicate Boutonniere for Magic Kingdom photo shoot- $23
Groomsmen boutonnieres to coordinate with each bridesmaid- (5) $10.50, the extra groomsman will have a light yellow daffodil with dusty miller.
Usher- $10.50
Dads (2)- $12.50
Singer (matron of honor's husband) & guitarist (my cousin)- (2) $10.50
Moms flower bag purses (2)- $50.00
Wristlet Corsages for Grandmas (2)- $26.00
Wristlet Corsages for Hostesses (2)- $26.00
Wristlet Corsage for Aunt- $26.00
Boutonniere for Uncle (1)- $10.50
Ceremony Spray to use on Sand Ceremony Table & at Head Table for Reception (mix of pastel floral including snapdragons- my favorite!)$125.00
Chair Covers with sashes in Apple, Lilac, Light Blue, Light Yellow, and Pink- Each row will coordinate to the colors of the dresses and accents (the chairs at AAR are really ugly and are a dark gray, these covers were one big splurge for us)- (60) $8.50 each, $510.00

Single White Irises on empty chairs in front row on either side of the aisle - 3 for my grandparents who have passed away and one for Kris' grandpa who has passed away- (4) $3.00 each

Reception:
Vase with Snapdragon Arrangement in pastel colors for table that will have placecards and guestbook- $45.00
Ice Blocks to elevate snowglobes as centerpieces, 2 globes are taller and don't need blocks. Accented with loose ivy, loose blooms, and sprinkled petals- (12) @ $20.00 each, $240.00 total
Ice Block rentals $50.00
Votive candle accents for tables (I might do away with these at some point) - (38) $95.00
Linens existing blue linens with white overlays $0
Disney Fairy Tale Wedding Cake Knife & Server Set $50.00

Dessert Party:
9" cylinder vases filled with gel (9" cylinder vases filled with gel (5 in lavender/5 in orange). Place (2) LED lights in each and accent with Figment PVC characters. (10) - $15.00 each plus $10.00 cylinder rentals, $25.00 total each

Delivery Fee $25.00, Move Fee $25.00, Total $50.00

Total: $ 2,768.41

Dessert Party:
9" cylinder vases filled with gel (9" cylinder vases filled with gel (5 in lavender/5 in orange). Place (2) LED lights in each and accent with Figment PVC characters. (10) - $15.00 each plus $10.00 cylinder rentals, $25.00 total each

These sound really neat - do you happen to have any photos?

Dessert Party:

These sound really neat - do you happen to have any photos?

I'm still waiting for an exact picture with Figment in them; my floral manager hasn't been able to find the ones from a previous wedding yet. Here is a picture of the gel centerpieces without the characters. These in the picture just have Mickey confetti.

GelCandle.jpg

I'm still waiting for an exact picture with Figment in them; my floral manager hasn't been able to find the ones from a previous wedding yet. Here is a picture of the gel centerpieces without the characters. These in the picture just have Mickey confetti.

GelCandle.jpg

Those are pretty AWESOME - I have put them on my wish list

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter