Budget minded craft for Kindergarteners teacher end of year gift---

marshallandcartersmo

DIS Veteran
Oh, and she's pregnant!! She's going to miss the last 2 weeks of school, so during those 2 weeks I was going to go into the class and make some sort of craft cute thing with the kids to give to her. I'm sure someone at the school can pass the present on to her. Any suggestions?

Oh, and she's pregnant!! She's going to miss the last 2 weeks of school, so during those 2 weeks I was going to go into the class and make some sort of craft cute thing with the kids to give to her. I'm sure someone at the school can pass the present on to her. Any suggestions?

How about a class pic in a frame along with maybe a pillow case with all the kids hand prints on them or a big flower pot with all of their handprints on it?

I was going to post about the flower pot. :) Make sure you have them write their names too.. maybe in sharpie? I would also send a note home and have the kids make a card, and have their parents help them write something they love about K or about their teacher. You could even get a small photo album where there are 2 slots on a page. Put a pic of the kid and have them make a 4x6 picure for underneath..

Could you do it ahead of time so the kids can present this to her? I would just tell her you would like to pull the kids out in the hall one by one.. it wouldn't take long. She would of course know you're up to something, but she wouldn't know what. That way the kids could see her "open" it.

When my son was in K the homeroom mom made a nice pitchcr like flower pot with the kids thumbprints, their hands were too big and each name was written underneath and each kid's thumb was a character, I know you can get bboks on what animals you can do with a thumbprint.

I also saw DS's 1st grade teacher wear her apron that was made for her with all the kids handprints and their names. She wears this 2 years later when she does anything crafty with her current class and doesnt want anything to get on her clothes.

Make her a very nice covered Keepsake box for her Babys 1st items.
That would be just big enough for the babys 1st bootys, clothes that
they wore home from the hospital, hospital keepsakes ect.
You can also add a sectionfor pictures and glue this to the lid of the box. Make sure that you add something like a ribbon that can keep the box closed.
:hug:

I teach Kindergarten and love when the kids do their "Kindergarten memories" book. You could have each child write their most memorable kindergarten activities and draw a picture to go along with it. Put them all into a book and present it in a tote bag with the children's handprints on it.

One year where I work the parents did a t-shirt. They had all the kids put their feet on a t-shirt & the parent wrote 'My students walk all over me' on the front. The teacher cried!
I've also seen a class picture put in a matted frame & the kids all signed the picture mat.

A "How to take care of your new baby" book always comes out cute. Just sit down with the kids and have them tell you a tip for taking care of a baby- then you write it and stick on a little photo of the kid and let the kid illustrate it- they always come up with the funnniest tips! I have one my class made for me when I had my son and I still look at it and laugh and laugh.

How about decorating onesies with fabric markers?

I made a scrapbook. It was super thick. It included handprints and pictures of each child. Artwork of card from each child. And I had about a 15 question survey where I asked kids questions and then wrote their responses. Plus I had pictures from the schoolyear and activities. I also took a class picture and used transfer paper to put it on a craft apron they all signed.

Well kindergardens still have tiny hands right? Why couldnt you buy a nice baby blanket and have the children do handprints along the edges? It could look cool.

I second the how to take care of baby book. a friend of mine had her class do this for the guidance counselor-what a riot!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter