• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

budget hotels

grumpy&princess

DIS Veteran
Ok I need help with finding a low cost but not a roach motel. When we go on our business trips we (me and my mom) usually stay at Red Roof Inn. I cant afford to rent a house or anything like that since we are only going to be there for 4 days and we are going in July. Has anyone ever stayed at the Red Roof Inn or any other ones in that price range? I dont want to repeat my mom dad and sisters experience many years ago when they rented a hotel room only to leave that night because of roaches :scared: went to another one and the smell was so bad :sick: that they left that one. My mom cant remember the names of them or where they eventually stayed.

ANY ONE OUT THERE NOT STAY ON PROPERTY, NOT STAY AT A DVC OR RENT A HOUSE?

Please I need help to figure out what we are gonna do.

Our favorite cheapo hotel is the Lake Buena Vista Comfort Inn. It's super close to Downtown Disney off of Vineland-Apopka on Palm Parkway. It's older, but it's always been clean and a great value. They have a free breakfast, fridge and coffeepot in the rooms. However, the free breakfast is set up near the buffett with hot food, which is more temptation, but not always spectacular. My DSis stayed there on points last year when we were at POR and it took her under 10 minutes to get to our resort. If you check their website, most of the time the "internet users" prices are the best. We've been staying there off and on since 2003 and have never had a "gross" experience with bugs. However, once when we were on the ground floor, we kept battling lizards that wanted to run inside. But, hey, welcome to Florida, right? :laughing: Good luck.

Yes I have stay offsite and have stay the Hawthorne Suites on Canada Avenue which was clean and free hot breakfeast. If get Orlando Magic card can be 99.00 night durning peak since.

Also staying this year for the Family Reunion at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott on Canada Avenue gets good reviews on tripadvior.com. I get for the July 4th weekend for 80.00 dollars a night using the Orlando Magic card.

Be sure check out the Orlando Attractions board. That's where all the offsite people hang out.

I agree with you. I don't think I would like condo or house either for a trip that short.

Ok, I'm going really budget here...We stayed at the Masters Inn on Irlo Bronson Blvd (I think). We got there late and it was one of the few motels that had an opening (it was 4 in the am and I just wanted to go to sleep.) Needless to say, for under $40 a night I was worried about what I would find, but happilly the room that we had was clean the badroom was clean, the breakfast was ok (danish, juice and coffee) and the pool was SUPER clean and not crowded at all!!

I always wondered about the Masters Inn.
I've stayed at the LBV Comfort Inn and liked it. I got a $39 room last year. I looked them up just last night for April 3 stay for myself (which is spring break high season for them) and it was $67 "best internet rate". Not bad for a busy week with breakfast also a microwave and frig.

subbing...we're making a short, last minute trip next month and the Masters has had cheap rates on priceline/expedia.

if you have the entertainment book make sure you look at their travel section as well, I know they also have a rebate for booking thru them I think for a 5,6 or 7 day stay you'll get 60$ back, I'm pretty sure it goes up to 200$ depending on length of stay of course.

Whenever I'm going to rent a hotel room in an area that I'm not familiar with, I go to Expedia.com and bring of the list of hotels in the area and read the reviews. You get some pretty honest/scarey reviews, but at least I feel I have a better grasp as to what to expect. I don't always book with Expedia, but I do use the reviews for all unfamiliar stays. Hope this helps!

Our favorite cheapo hotel is the Lake Buena Vista Comfort Inn. It's super close to Downtown Disney off of Vineland-Apopka on Palm Parkway. It's older, but it's always been clean and a great value.

I second this recommendation, this is also where we stay when the funds are lower than usual.:) I think is clean and the location is convenient.

Our favorite cheapo hotel is the Lake Buena Vista Comfort Inn. It's super close to Downtown Disney off of Vineland-Apopka on Palm Parkway. It's older, but it's always been clean and a great value.

I second this recommendation, this is also where we stay when the funds are lower than usual.:) I think is clean and the location is convenient.

I feel the same! We have stayed here numerous times going back as far as 1997! We are staying here again on our trip in August for 2 days for our univeral 2 day excursion as they have free transportation there! Then we move on to Pop Century!!:thumbsup2! We are paying $59.95 per night! And they also take AAA if you have a membership! I think when I had AAA I got the room for like $37 per night! Don't know about now but either way it's a good deal!

try hotwire
I second that! We got the Extended Stay Deluxe LBV for $32/nght in May. It is an all-suite hotel with kitchens in the rooms, free breakfast, and just 2 1/2 miles from DTD. The reviews are pretty good, and the rack rates are around $99-$119/night.

Last year, I got the Howard Johnson's Maingate East on 192 for $30/night for a week. Definitely not a newer or fancier hotel, but the room was clean, staff was friendly, and the pool was a good size. We could drive to WDW property in less than 5 minutes.

take a look at Ramada Inn Maingate West. It is listed as a 2 1/2 star, and i would say that is pretty accurate. It is very low cost, no frills. There is an indoor pool which is good, nothing fabulous. But it is a clean place to sleep, and a clean pool for the kids to play in at the end of the day. friendly staff as well. But don't expect luxury when you stay there. It is worth the price for a budget trip IMO.

Seralago on 192 look at the hot deals section then Customer Appreciation Rate!!! The staff is great, the rooms are clean and they have a fridge and micro in every room!

Very clean with breakfast, fridges, coffee maker, three swimming pools, kids eat free, free mini golf. Free and decent shuttles to Disney , Universal and Seaworld. Lots more and cheap prices. I got this for $49 Canadian a night last year. Staying agin there this December. There is onsite pizza hut and another restaurant (Hurricane Sam's ) and little convience store. Walgreens in the parking lot. Many restaurants within walking distance! It is only 1.8 miles from Disney1

Charleyann

Very clean with breakfast, fridges, coffee maker, three swimming pools, kids eat free, free mini golf. Free and decent shuttles to Disney , Universal and Seaworld. Lots more and cheap prices. I got this for $49 Canadian a night last year. Staying agin there this December. There is onsite pizza hut and another restaurant (Hurricane Sam's ) and little convience store. Walgreens in the parking lot. Many restaurants within walking distance! It is only 1.8 miles from Disney1

Charleyann

We stayed here a couple of years ago, right after all the rooms were remodeled, and thought it was a very clean and pleasant place.

Since we have APs and are Florida residents, though, we can usually get a Value resort onsite with a discount code for the same price as a cheap motel offsite--you don't have to pay for parking at any of the parks when you stay onsite, so that's a savings right there.

I 2nd the person who said Hotwire.
Just two weekends ago I stayed at a Hyatt Place for $50 a night. It was beautiful! I also have gotten the Best Western Lakeside for under $30. I use it all the time and have been very happy with it!:cool1:

When we went to Disney in 97,98 and 00 we stayed at Motel6. The on in Kissimmee. It is across from Old Town. It is clean and having Old Town right across the street is a BIG plus. The kids(nieces and nephews) loved it over there. Rooms are like $30-35 a night.

THe only reason we are not doing it again is because your kids are little and we will need to head back to the room periodically. Plus we are flying and do not want to rent a car.

They have a Pool and are right by lots of places to eat too.

Jackie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter